E.W. Motocross Schools    Northwest Motocross Forum    Northwest Motocross Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Racing  Hop To Forums  EW MX Schools    How much time to be able to compete?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How much time to be able to compete?
 Login/Join

Picture of madhatter
posted
I have ridden trails for a long time and overall just recreational. However I would like to race sometime soon. How much school do I need? On a scale of 1-10 as far as overall skill I would rate a high 4. However I dont know about "bravery" parts like the start. How do people get over that part of the sport?

Posts: 17 | Location: marysville, wa | Registered: Mon March 27 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Auzzi152
posted Hide Post
madhatter as soon as you realize pain doesn't hurt as bad as finishing second you will be "over that part of the sport" as far as felling mentaly prepared for that inevidible first corner bar bangin' Erics class will help give you the confidence you need to know that you are as prepared as possible when you do decide to line up for your first moto. Other then a class with Eric or DPMX pretty much the only other way to get comfortable is thru doing it over and over again. Sure your gonna be terrified your first time to the line but just with anything the more you do something the more comfortable you will become with it...its kinda like sex only not as dirty...
Auzzi#152

Posts: 435 | Location: your moms house | Registered: Wed December 03 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post