E.W. Motocross Schools    Northwest Motocross Forum    Northwest Motocross Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion  Hop To Forums  Classifieds    NEED: V-Force 3 reed's for 97 & up YZ250
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NEED: V-Force 3 reed's for 97 & up YZ250
 Login/Join

Picture of Bearmore
posted
Anyone have a NEW set sitting on a shelf never to be used again because you went to 4-strokes? Well I can use them for my V-force intake that needs replacement reeds. Got it from Ebay and of course the seller conveniently did not mention the corner of one was rounded. Trying to "hop-up" my bike.

Anyone else put these on an '05 and did you have to change carb settings at all?

Posts: 445 | Location: Whidbey Island | Registered: Fri March 09 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a v3 but it's used but not unusable in fact it's still rather good shape could use it now without any issues. I had it in my 06 but I took it out and put the stocker back in no jetting changes.

You should of bought a DEP pipe for the bike best pipes are 06+ stocker the DEP pipe (the best pipe!) followed by the PC it has a lil more top end but is smoother through the mid and off the bottom vs the stock '06 n up pipe. The other pipe but it's not cheap is the Scalvini Racing pipes very sick hand made cone pipes from italy. The guy who imports TM's in socal sales them cheaper then if you got it from scalvini directly thought I saw $450 for a pipe/sil combo. A dep is $250 from dep usa and run a PC shorty they say.

If you have an '05 n older oem pipe even an updated '06 + oem pipe would be an slight improvement.

Other worth while mod is a gyt-r flywheel weight! that's right! it allows the bike to hook up better with less wheel spin does not hurt it's MX ability's!!

Other good bang for buck mod is is having the head squish band properly set. RB designs outta oregon dude does good work think he charges $40.

The new UFO 250F restyled plastic kit!

Currently my bike is mostly stock cept for the gyt-r flywheel weight really thinking about trying the DEP pipe it gotten lots of positive feed back. FMF pipes are junk unless your a woods guy and want the gnarly.

Posts: 552 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: Sat December 06 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motox247
posted Hide Post
Bearmore, check out Carbon Tech reeds. We've put them in all our YZ's and been really happy with them. Pretty sure they fit in the VForce reed cage. Cheaper and great performance.

two4seven (or his mom)

Posts: 196 | Location: Ferndale, WA | Registered: Fri August 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bearmore
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I'll checkinto it. Always looking to save hard earned $$$$. And if you can keep the performance that is a plus.

Posts: 445 | Location: Whidbey Island | Registered: Fri March 09 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Joe. Stock suspension? Yikes!

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motox247
posted Hide Post
No, Ted. Both bikes came from Texas with Factory Connection. But it's just about time for stiffer springs... Royce & Brandon said they'd hook us up when the time comes Smile

two4seven (or his mom)

Posts: 196 | Location: Ferndale, WA | Registered: Fri August 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Osaka #627
posted Hide Post
The Boyeson Rad Valve is better...... Try that!

The Asian Sensation - Stirring Sh** Since '89.

Posts: 693 | Location: Milton, WA | Registered: Tue November 30 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 153
posted Hide Post

Posts: 452 | Location: Renton, WA. USA | Registered: Fri December 19 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post