New
Find
Notify
Tools

Time for a new project...
 Login/Join

Picture of Justin Anderson
posted

Posts: 403 | Location: Auburn, WA | Registered: Sat December 30 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine just had a frame done up by George Fanelli at MPS in Ohio, he seemed happy with the work they did.

Posts: 195 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: Tue February 28 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Man I just rode the bike for the first time, around my block... I LOVE it... This engine in my frame is going to be my dream bike.

Im not big on all the 2-stroke hype thats been going around lately, my dad had an 03 CR250 for awhile and I hated riding that thing, no power at all... But THIS is how a two stroke should feel... All the grunt of my 450, and enough top end to get-wicked on ya...

Im tearing my 450 down tonight and my goal is to have it down to the skeleton and have the 500 out of the frame tonight... Tomorrow im going to get some material and fab an engine jig to make things a bit easier.

Ill get some pics up later...

Posts: 403 | Location: Auburn, WA | Registered: Sat December 30 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is a vid of it running, idles great...

Picture of McGinnis_339
posted Hide Post
what are you gonna do with your 450 engine?

Posts: 99 | Location: Des Moines | Registered: Thu September 24 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mc339:
what are you gonna do with your 450 engine?

Its going to go one of two directions in the future, havent decided on which way I want to go yet... I have something special that will go on it as well Big Grin...

posted Hide Post
Here is progress for tonight... Stripped down as far as I need to for fab. After Im done with the fabrication work, Im going to totally strip it down, and Im kinda kicking around polishing the frame while I got it all apart... I might start with the subframe and see how that goes first. Didnt get to get the 500 out, Ill save that for tomorrow.

posted Hide Post
Justin Justin. This is crazier than Obama giving money to a green energy wingnut. A lot of money and it won't have as efficient as the regular proven model. Actually if you got balls to race one of these again, ya really got the kajunas. Good luck Mr. Kajunas.

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rays Dad
posted Hide Post
Looks like you will have to do some cutting and welding on that frame? What kind of buz box are you using?

Posts: 582 | Location: Tacoma | Registered: Tue June 20 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of B Anderson
posted Hide Post
Ted... A chip off the old block...BUT he has a whole lot more Grampa Anderson (my dad who really taught him how to HOT ROD things) in his blood. Hopefully this concoction draws none!!!!

"If life is the face of a rutted jump, will you pick the line that drags your footpegs?"

Posts: 294 | Location: Buckley | Registered: Fri December 29 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of B Anderson
posted Hide Post
HEY ERIC... after all these years how do I qualify for a full picture, or a new one or one that does not make me look like I'll end up one my head like 22 Reed?

"If life is the face of a rutted jump, will you pick the line that drags your footpegs?"

Posts: 294 | Location: Buckley | Registered: Fri December 29 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of B Anderson
posted Hide Post
Oh, and Ted, remember he was only 10 the last time he rode my old 480...he's young at 27!

Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B Anderson:
HEY ERIC... after all these years how do I qualify for a full picture, or a new one or one that does not make me look like I'll end up one my head like 22 Reed?

Resize your picture and re-upload it, then you will graduate to the full picture club!

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ted,Ted,Ted...how can you, of all people, be so against building bikes? Didn't yo build some crazy crap in your day if I remember correctly. How about that one sided swingy solid wheel job? Sometimes it's not about what is supposed to be the best but what tingles the balls when opened up! If you guys have ever seen crater ride his 500 on the right track you will know what I mean.

Posts: 157 | Location: kent, wa, usa | Registered: Tue January 13 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of B Anderson
posted Hide Post
Justin is actually one of the best welders (especially TIG that I've ever seen. BBR interviewed him some 10 years ago... coulda had him Ted too.)
quote:
Originally posted by Rays Dad:
Looks like you will have to do some cutting and welding on that frame? What kind of buz box are you using?

Picture of B Anderson
posted Hide Post
That is one of the better ones of me then. I havent changed my gear or bike or underwear in years but, I guess I'd like to upgrade from my half wall!
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron:
quote:

Resize your picture and re-upload it, then you will graduate to the full picture club!

Picture of B Anderson
posted Hide Post
All Hail Smail!!!!
quote:
Originally posted by smail:
Ted,Ted,Ted...how can you, of all people, be so against building bikes? Didn't yo build some crazy crap in your day if I remember correctly. How about that one sided swingy solid wheel job? Sometimes it's not about what is supposed to be the best but what tingles the balls when opened up! If you guys have ever seen crater ride his 500 on the right track you will know what I mean.

posted Hide Post
I have a 200A TIG that will do the job just fine... Not to mention I make my living as a fabricator... If I cant trust my own welding, why would anyone else...

And as far as having thing nuts to ride this thing... Well I might not be the fastest guy around, but I do this to have fun, and I cant imagine a bike that is more fun to ride than this will be.

My 450 just doesnt do it for me anymore, and while that may be because its in dire need of a rebuild, instead of rebuilding that, Id rather roll the 500 instead... More bang for the buck I guess you could say...

posted Hide Post
quote:

How the hell did you figure out how to upload a pic in the first place??

Picture of mx510
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Justin Anderson:
quote:

How the hell did you figure out how to upload a pic in the first place??

Now thats funny Big Grin

Posts: 435 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Fri August 01 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post