Find
Notify
Tools

Time for a new project...
 Login/Join

Picture of TJ 755
posted Hide Post
Looks good. What about heat treatment?

Posts: 87 | Location: North Bend | Registered: Fri March 28 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
I must admit Justin that is some nice looking work. Great job! Now lets work on that political viewpoint Smile

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Justin Anderson
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys,

Stress relieving isnt really necessary, I havent put a ton of heat into it, and the HAZ areas arent within the key frame support structure. Really the only welding done will be the cradle, and that is arguably the area of the frame that needs the least support, not to mention you have that big 500cc gusset in the middle of it all.

And as far as that goes Paul, my poltical viewpoint is a product of my philosophy, and there is no working on that Big Grin

Posts: 403 | Location: Auburn, WA | Registered: Sat December 30 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of race250r
posted Hide Post
Man that is some impressive work!

Disclaimer: I know next to nothing regarding what you did with that aluminum, but it looks great.

Keep us updated. I am interested with what you are going to do with the electrical system. Looks like you are completely on top of things, for sure.

Regards

Posts: 70 | Location: W. Seattle, WA | Registered: Thu February 10 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRA-742
posted Hide Post
Cool project I wish I could fab like that! Do you have to buy special pipe to clear the frame or does the standard five hunny pipe fit? I would ad the heaviest fly wheel weight they make and some super fat pegs..

Posts: 677 | Location: KENNEWICK | Registered: Sat November 22 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We gonna see you riding that at the first race in April? As far as mods go I agree not much that really needs to be done to add more power to a 500.

Posts: 229 | Location: Auburn WA | Registered: Tue November 16 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As far as electrical goes its just going to be the stock 500 stuff for now... Im might upgrade in the future if I feel like the stock stuff is insufficient...

As far as the pipe goes, The bike came with an FMF Gnarly pipe, and it fits great, the only mod will be the stinger mount and thats easy.

Larry, Im going to have this at the first OPMC goldstar race in two and a half weeks... Thats if shipping the parts I need doesnt hold me up, but im going to do everything in my power to have it done by then...

Posts: 403 | Location: Auburn, WA | Registered: Sat December 30 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ive decided I am going to sell my 450 engine, Id rather toss the money back into the bike than have it sit on the shelf until I get around to it. If anyone is interested, let me know.

posted Hide Post
I've always wondered how a 450 would be in a shifter kart more pull out of the slow corners but just would have to control the noise

Posts: 229 | Location: Auburn WA | Registered: Tue November 16 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is a little update...

Just got done ordering about $1400 worth of stuff for my bike... And I havent even got my new gear yet...

Im not going to have time to go through the engine before the series, so im going to run it as is, do that after the Goldstar.

As far as progress goes on the bike, I got the frame done, all I need to do is make a couple of mounts on the subframe for the silencer, and put a rivet nut in the cradle for the lower pipe mount.

After that, Im going to DA sand and Polish the frame (At least the parts that count), Paint the engine, and then its ready to assemble.

Here is some pics:

Picture of Court321
posted Hide Post
very very impressive!! That thing is going to rip!

Posts: 23 | Location: Tacoma | Registered: Thu November 19 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very jealous of your frame, mine looks like Frankenframe.

Posts: 195 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: Tue February 28 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of E.W. #849
posted Hide Post
Awesome work Justin!

Posts: 3404 | Location: Bothell, WA | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Guys!

Here is tonights progress, I ran a bunch of errands after work, so I didnt get much done, but I did get my lower pipe mount done, and I made the silencer fit a little better Big Grin...

posted Hide Post
Well I dont have any pics tonight, But I did get the exhaust completely done, and the frame has been totally done for a couple days...

The rest of my parts should be here tomorrow, and hopefully Fusion will call to tell me my graphics are done... Then I have no excuse to not have it done by the weekend...

Ill get some pics up soon.

posted Hide Post
Alright guys, Im really pissed right now...

Anybody got a line on an old 97 Cr250 laying around??

I bought an air boot off of CL from a guy in oregon, Paypal'd him $35. This was two weeks ago, he was responding to my emails up until last thursday, in which he told me it was shipped out. Well its almost been a week and nothing. Ive sent him two emails since that havent been responded to, and I NEED this air boot to get this thing on the track this weekend. I was going to have a new one overnighted, but its been discontinued, so my only option is used. Ive messaged 2 people on Ebay, one has responded with his town not having the ability to overnight packages, the other had a message that he wont be back until tomorrow (Which is borderline too late)...

It just irritates the hell out of me, I dont understand how people can do this crap, its not the money either, its the fact that I NEED this damn part...

Picture of spin05
posted Hide Post

Posts: 808 | Location: camano is,wa | Registered: Sun September 03 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tomsti
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Justin Anderson:
Alright guys, Im really pissed right now...

Anybody got a line on an old 97 Cr250 laying around??

I bought an air boot off of CL from a guy in oregon, Paypal'd him $35. This was two weeks ago, he was responding to my emails up until last thursday, in which he told me it was shipped out. Well its almost been a week and nothing. Ive sent him two emails since that havent been responded to, and I NEED this air boot to get this thing on the track this weekend. I was going to have a new one overnighted, but its been discontinued, so my only option is used. Ive messaged 2 people on Ebay, one has responded with his town not having the ability to overnight packages, the other had a message that he wont be back until tomorrow (Which is borderline too late)...

It just irritates the hell out of me, I dont understand how people can do this crap, its not the money either, its the fact that I NEED this damn part...

I may have one sitting in my shed at home. I will need to look tonight and see. I actually have a 97 CR250. Smile

Posts: 35 | Location: Sammamish | Registered: Fri April 17 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No kidding??

That would be freakin awesome if you did... Name your price...

Picture of Tomsti
posted Hide Post
Where are you located? I should know tonight if I have it. Give me a call at 425.785.1953.

Posts: 35 | Location: Sammamish | Registered: Fri April 17 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post