New
Find
Notify
Tools

Time for a new project...
 Login/Join

Picture of spin05
posted Hide Post
Man that thing looks great. How did the Rear to front sproket line up with each other????

#329 40+ class

Posts: 808 | Location: camano is,wa | Registered: Sun September 03 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Justin that would be sweet of course it would be made worth while for ya I'm sure. Before much longer there will be a 2010 CRF250R motor forsale!

I would like to take my YZ 250 and put it in the new 250F frame myself!

Service now does the 250 and 125 conversion in the 5th gen frame and they just started doing kdx200 af

Posts: 552 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: Sat December 06 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Justin Anderson
posted Hide Post
Sprockets are lined up perfectly, chain lies right in the rubber guide on the swing arm. All I did was switch the bushings side to side, and made a little spacer to take up the slack on the right side.

The engine fits like it was meant to be in there.

Posts: 403 | Location: Auburn, WA | Registered: Sat December 30 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have you had a chance to put the wheels to dirt yet? Or is it just waiting to have it's maiden voyage now

Posts: 229 | Location: Auburn WA | Registered: Tue November 16 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not yet, I was supposed to hit riverdale up last weekend, but do to some family stuff I couldnt be there, or ride in general. This weekend the bike will either see straddleline or PA, or a Possibility of both...

Posts: 403 | Location: Auburn, WA | Registered: Sat December 30 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's got Eric Waunches number, so I think it would be gentlemenly to offer Eric Waunch a ride at the next P.R.O. race in the 25+ class.
My treat. I'll pay the entry. We will need to get Eric a Go Pro and have camera's lined up around the track just in case.

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LOL

Picture of moderbike x
posted Hide Post
i love that thing ! good work

Posts: 215 | Location: lake stevens | Registered: Sat December 18 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of E.W. #849
posted Hide Post
That bike turned out awesome Justin!!!
I havnt raced a 500 since the 1994 Seattle Supercross amature day. I won the 500 Int class. I havnt raced since last March at the first P.R.O. race. Hopefully soon though!

quote:
Originally posted by ted:
It's got Eric Waunches number, so I think it would be gentlemenly to offer Eric Waunch a ride at the next P.R.O. race in the 25+ class.
My treat. I'll pay the entry. We will need to get Eric a Go Pro and have camera's lined up around the track just in case.

Posts: 3404 | Location: Bothell, WA | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
Come to Spokompton with me on Memorial Day E-Dub!

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Mull
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron:
Come to Spokompton with me on Memorial Day E-Dub!

Yeah, it's a good time.

Posts: 271 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 28 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So I finally got to ride the bike today... In the mud... At straddleline.

Ill make this comparison, because I know there is some guys on here that havent rode a 500 before, and even less that have rode an AF.

What a 450F is to a 250F... Is what this bike is to a 450F. Its got all the bottom, off idle that my 450 had, and then about 1/3rd throttle it hits and is insane till it tops out. If you keep it in the powerband, its unstoppable, but you have to be careful to not over-rev or you can feel the power drop off.

This thing gives me just enough scare to respect it, but at the same time, its everything I want in a bike... Way better than any 250 2-stroke...

I really need to get some more time on the bike though LOL...

posted Hide Post
you think it will be ok with the current suspension setup or will it need some changes since the motor swap? I was thinking of Straddleline today as well but had to keep a promise to my nephew to take him BMX racing.

Posts: 229 | Location: Auburn WA | Registered: Tue November 16 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Its going to need some tweaking, but its not too far off, couple of clicks here and there, and maybe a little spring adjustment, but I wanna wait til its dry to be sure.

posted Hide Post
My frame is a bit embarrasing looking compared to Justin's. Someone else started it, I would have chosen to do some things differently had I started it from the beginning.

Posts: 195 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: Tue February 28 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 195 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: Tue February 28 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If there is anything on the planet that needs perfectly set up suspension it's a 500cc
2-stroke. If you don't get the correct rear spring and set it up perfect on the internal valving, spring preload and the final externam adjustments.....YIKES. I learned a great deal dialing in these beasts until they went away.
450 4-Strokes are much easier to set up than any 500cc 2-Smoker.

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Agreed, and this one is horrid. I knew the 06 had a rep for bad suspension but this is ridiculous. It really makes me appreciate how good my 05 CR250R is out of the box. I have a new link for the rear and am considering getting shim restackor and having a go at it myself.

quote:
Originally posted by ted:
If there is anything on the planet that needs perfectly set up suspension it's a 500cc
2-stroke. If you don't get the correct rear spring and set it up perfect on the internal valving, spring preload and the final externam adjustments.....YIKES. I learned a great deal dialing in these beasts until they went away.
450 4-Strokes are much easier to set up than any 500cc 2-Smoker.

Picture of Kimball #126
posted Hide Post
Wait a minute..I swear I saw that bike at Airway on Sunday! Did I?

Posts: 1187 | Location: Spokane | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You saw my Kawi, I was parked across from you. I said hi once but you were talking with someone else and didn't hear me and I didn't want to interrupt.