New
Find
Notify
Tools

Time for a new project...
 Login/Join

Picture of Justin Anderson
posted Hide Post
Auburn, Ill give you a call this evening...

Posts: 403 | Location: Auburn, WA | Registered: Sat December 30 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tomsti
posted Hide Post
I have the airboot give me a call.

Posts: 35 | Location: Sammamish | Registered: Fri April 17 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks again for the air boot Tom!!

EDIT: Thanks to Robert and Lance also for throwin' me a bone...

Posts: 403 | Location: Auburn, WA | Registered: Sat December 30 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Moonman
posted Hide Post
Now, you have to come see your airboot in action! See you there?

Posts: 101 | Location: NORTH BEND | Registered: Wed June 02 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wish, Its not going to get done... If I could take the day off tomorrow, Id have it done, but unfortunately I cant... I will have it at riverdale for sure 100%...

Picture of mx510
posted Hide Post
Justin, do you have a jet ski for P.A. this weekend? That might be the weapon of choice.

Posts: 435 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Fri August 01 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Youll have to bring both a snow mobile and a jet ski... one for the mornings and one for the afternoons... LOL

Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
Nothing like a mud bog (either place) for its maiden voyage.

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
keeps looking like rain and snow when you look at the dopler on the weather station oh well

Posts: 229 | Location: Auburn WA | Registered: Tue November 16 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spin05
posted Hide Post
SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD WEEKEND TO SUCK UP SOME OVERTIME$$$$$

#329 40+ class

Posts: 808 | Location: camano is,wa | Registered: Sun September 03 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a good weekend for another trip east.

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At least somebody finally found something useful off a 97 CR250. Don't get me wrong I love CR250s, my 86 was a dream and my 05 is everything a bike should be and then some but the 97 was awful.

Status on the bike?

Posts: 195 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: Tue February 28 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Its half assembled, Gonna get the rest done tomorrow, and if all goes well, Im going to give it a test ride thursday. I have a couple pics, but Ill just post pics tomorrow after I have it all together. Its already looking great though!

posted Hide Post
Here it is.... All I gotta say... I love how this thing turns my hands numb, and It just lights the back tire up on pavement... Cant wait to get it in the dirt...

Picture of McGinnis_339
posted Hide Post
Well done man, it looks good! Kinda curious what forty-nine industries is... you gonna put these custom big bores into production?

Posts: 99 | Location: Des Moines | Registered: Thu September 24 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRA-742
posted Hide Post
Nice five hunny

Posts: 677 | Location: KENNEWICK | Registered: Sat November 22 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tomsti
posted Hide Post
Badass!

Posts: 35 | Location: Sammamish | Registered: Fri April 17 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder if I could maybe talk ya into doing something similar for a friend. Really wants to stuff his '06 CR250 motor into this 2010 CRF250R that he got. Not today but sometime after the summer.

Posts: 552 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: Sat December 06 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys.

Fortynine Industries is a name a give to the fabrication and modififcation work I do outside of my Job, it kind of encompasses a lot of different markets, I work out of a small shop in my garage (obviously). Id like to make it a full time thing one day, I just dont have the time and capital to invest into it fully at the moment.

Joe, as far as that goes, it sounds like something Id be interested in, and it would give some time on the bike to check frame integrity and everything. There is a growing 2-stroke market out there, and the manufacturers arent grasping it. Maybe somebody needs to start taking old motors and putting them in new frames, much like SH did with the 500's back in the day. I have a Tom Morgan 99 RM125 engine that could find a nice place in a newer aluminum frame RMZ. SH sort of has the market on this thing, but I dont think it would be out of question to give them a little competition.

Picture of race250r
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Justin Anderson:
Thanks guys.

Fortynine Industries is a name a give to the fabrication and modififcation work I do outside of my Job, it kind of encompasses a lot of different markets, I work out of a small shop in my garage (obviously). Id like to make it a full time thing one day, I just dont have the time and capital to invest into it fully at the moment.

Joe, as far as that goes, it sounds like something Id be interested in, and it would give some time on the bike to check frame integrity and everything. There is a growing 2-stroke market out there, and the manufacturers arent grasping it. Maybe somebody needs to start taking old motors and putting them in new frames, much like SH did with the 500's back in the day. I have a Tom Morgan 99 RM125 engine that could find a nice place in a newer aluminum frame RMZ. SH sort of has the market on this thing, but I dont think it would be out of question to give them a little competition.

Sounds a lot like the ATV racing scene from the late 80's to the mid 00's. The factories abandoned the racing scene and forced people to look to the aftermarket for design and innovation. We would take restored TRX250R engines from the 80's and place them into aftermarket frames with highly-modified suspension. It was crazy expensive, but that was the hot ticket in the day, before the current generation of "race-ready" four-stroke ATV models.

I am very interested in this trend towards restoration of older two-stroke models. I would love to see the manufacturers influenced by it.

Well done, Justin. That is truly a beautiful dirt scooter. Impressive!

Posts: 70 | Location: W. Seattle, WA | Registered: Thu February 10 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post