Find
Notify
Tools

Pacific is no more.
 Login/Join

Picture of E.W. #849
posted
Their forum is gone.

Posts: 3404 | Location: Bothell, WA | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vern#119
posted Hide Post
Will lets have a single finger salute to the owners and their "commitment to the sport"

Posts: 1497 | Location: Auburn | Registered: Sat August 21 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mx510
posted Hide Post
You know it is just "awesome" that in this day and age where we are losing tracks all over the place, we have a facility nearly perfect location, track ready and done (only needing updates), that we lose one because of this CRAP! This whole thing really pisses me off!If there is anything that I can do like emailing, calling, whatever please someone let us know. I really hate to see this place go, I would like to at least go out with a FIGHT!

Posts: 435 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Fri August 01 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did you go our to Pacific and state your opinion?

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is it really the owners fault? I would think some responsibility would have to be on the last promoter/operator of the track. Foritos, doritos...whatever his name is has no ties to MX. He was convinced to let someone else take it over and run it (in to the ground). I know they have a MX track planned in to their new facility (after their major remodel). I think this came earlier then expected, but it was inevitable. I hope they really look at who they let run the new track, sure would be a shame to have the same results.

Posts: 475 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: Thu November 20 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mx510
posted Hide Post
No I havent Ted, but last night I did fire off an email that basically states how I feel about the whole thing. In my email I mentioned that they needed to get a good promoter in their and run things right. Also mentioned in there was that not too long ago they were having massive turnouts for the Friday night series and Wed. night practices. As you probably well know Ted, if a track does not have a good promoter or owner that cares what people think of the place they do not last very long. As with the case of Pacific and the joke of and organization they had out there. What I am afraid of now is people complaining to much about Straddleline and it going away before we "the people" have a say in what actually goes on inside of a facility that WE pay for.

Posts: 435 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Fri August 01 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mx510
posted Hide Post
Hi Robert,

We have not turned our backs to the motocross community. I am sorry that the track was shut down the way it was this year, but it just happens that our construction will be starting with the next few weeks for the new drag strip which will be located in the MX location. We are however going to build a new MX track in the future. It is most defiantly in our plans to replace it.
This is the exact copy of the letter that I received from Pacific today. It looks like there might be a track in the plans after all????

Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
At some point in time pigs might fly out my butt too Big Grin

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well Paul, you had better invest in some KY, it might hurt, take a look at #17 on the remodel plans for Pacific. Oink, oink.....LOL

1 Drag Strip: New drag strip to run North-South which eliminates late-afternoon sun problems, directly across from the new facility entrance to allow easy access for racers and fans. Lowered 25 feet to help with noise abatement. .
2 Drag Strip Pits/Parking: Fully-paved pits and parking located directly adjacent to the drag strip.
3 Gas Station: Full-featured gas station located directly adjacent to the drag strip facility.
4 Shift Kart Track: World-class, multi-configurable shift kart facility, lowered 25 feet to assist in noise abatement.
5 3/8-Mile Paved Oval Track: The paved oval track and grandstand facility capable of hosting sprint and short-track stock car racing events.
6 Oval Track Pits:
7 Fire Station/Care Center: Fully-equipped with state-of-the-art firefighting and emergency medical care equipment. 8 Road Course Paddock/Cold Pit Garages: 9 300-Foot Skid Pad: For driver education and photographic purposes.
10 Driving School Buildings/Autocross Area:
11 Spectator Bridge: Constructed over the road course which will allow easy fan access to all parts of the road course facility, even during racing sessions
12 Club House and Office Complex: All-new offices and club house facility with restaurants.
13 Motorsports Business Complex: Over 500,000 square feet of commercial and industrial facilities.
14 Hospitality and Education Centers:
15 Super Speedway: Proposed future high-speed banked tri-oval will attract NASCAR racing events.
16 2.25-Mile Road Course: FIA certification of the road course, capable of attracting NASCAR, IRL and CART racing events.
17 Motocross Facility:
18 Permanent Racer Garages:
19 Access Tunnels: Constructed underneath the road course to allow easy vehicle and spectator access to all parts of the road course facility, even during racing sessions.

Posts: 475 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: Thu November 20 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 747Heavy
posted Hide Post
Disturbed,
#17 is there only as a liberal trick. Its there to make you THINK something will be in your future, but THEY know its history. Its an old trick practiced today in the halls of congress. Watch the left hand so you don't see what the other hand is doing.

Posts: 119 | Location: Sammamish | Registered: Thu April 24 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmmm, good point. But the business owner designed it and we both know he is not a liberal, I mean come on, he owns a motorsports facility, not a wildlifer conservatory, LOL.

Picture of rpk
posted Hide Post
when I worked there the rumor was that they were going to relocate the track

A.inside the road course
8.in the field where the green river parking is.
C.Or down the hill by the railroad tracks (dont see how that could happen)

Posts: 119 | Location: b-town | Registered: Sun May 18 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MX516
posted Hide Post
key word on that plan is "conceptual"

also, they've had that map posted for a few years now... it'll be years before it's re-opened (if ever)...

Posts: 571 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: Sun May 11 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
That is exactly where the track is now. Also please note the words under the compass, key words being "for planning purposes only"

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Um, could we be any more negative? LOL

posted Hide Post
It is all conceptual but when I met with them a year ago they wanted to know if the area was large enough so I believe it is in the future still. Nothing is final until it's final so lets keep the letters going their way and show all the support for mx in the region. If all of the PRO supporters would write letters it would be good. Not just for who is going to run it but more for enthusiastic, passionate in need of type of stuff. For the love guys for the love!!!
Brap Brap Brap Braaaapppp

Posts: 157 | Location: kent, wa, usa | Registered: Tue January 13 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mx510
posted Hide Post
Agreed Smail. I think everyone that is one here needs to at least fire off an email. I mean if you can spend hours spewing your .02 about crap that doesnt matter and would never happen (i.e. the j-law frenzy) you should spend 5 mins and send something to them to let them know that there is support for this, and that we actually care. Just look at what the meeting on the steps of the capital does. Even if you dont really like the place and never really go there, we need this place. So go to the website and let them know that it does matter to you and you do care and people will show.

Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
smail and mx510 I agree with both of ya.

The place is classic and has prime location and if the map (#17) is correct then one would have to ask "what-are-you-gonna-do-with-that-wasted-space?" I'm voting for MX. We know it we like it we $pay for it.

For me it works out something like this:

Distance-traveled-divided-by-$gas-costs-plus+track-fees-plus-hotel-fees-times-driving-time-times-track-conditions etc.

In the end it boils down to something like this for me:

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Workman,
Didn't you forget to factor the location of the nearest subway into the equation? Hahaha

Posts: 34 | Location: Mattawa | Registered: Thu March 22 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post