Northwest Motocross Forum
recovery time?

This topic can be found at:
https://ewmxschools.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/171607236/m/1267020043

Tue August 02 2011, 01:02 AM
darius228
recovery time?
So with this being a motocross site and knave a new motocross Injury from yesterday. Yesterday I had to bail on the 80 foot booter triple at my track, upon landing I broke my tib up by my knee. No big deal. I also shattered my heel, what kind of recovery time am I looking at? Any experience on here?
Wed August 03 2011, 08:52 AM
KinserMoto438
Wicked. Any surgery needed? I've had just about every injury there is to list but never the shattered heel. Sounds like about a 9-12 weeker if that heel is in bad shape. Good luck my friend, don't push it on the comeback, it's not worth it on the long run.

*Let up for a second, and thats where you'll finish!*
-Klete #438
Wed August 03 2011, 11:52 AM
darius228
well I just had a cat scan this morning then went and saw the orthapedic doc. Upon seeing my cat scan he inquired with 2 other doctors in the office, they all decided that with all the damage it would be no benefit in the end to operate. His description was it's like a cracked egg. no good. as of now I'm waiting till the 12th for the swelling to go down, then get casted for 6-8 week's till the next checkup. He said 3-6 months till work..... I'm eating the shit out of calcium pills ha ha, I'm hoping for the 3 months but as I've learned with past breaks I'm never on the short end of recovery..... Thank's anyways.