Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

recovery time?
 Login/Join

posted
So with this being a motocross site and knave a new motocross Injury from yesterday. Yesterday I had to bail on the 80 foot booter triple at my track, upon landing I broke my tib up by my knee. No big deal. I also shattered my heel, what kind of recovery time am I looking at? Any experience on here?

Posts: 55 | Location: arlington, wa | Registered: Tue August 17 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KinserMoto438
posted Hide Post
Wicked. Any surgery needed? I've had just about every injury there is to list but never the shattered heel. Sounds like about a 9-12 weeker if that heel is in bad shape. Good luck my friend, don't push it on the comeback, it's not worth it on the long run.

*Let up for a second, and thats where you'll finish!*
-Klete #438

Posts: 114 | Location: Bothell, WA | Registered: Mon November 22 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
well I just had a cat scan this morning then went and saw the orthapedic doc. Upon seeing my cat scan he inquired with 2 other doctors in the office, they all decided that with all the damage it would be no benefit in the end to operate. His description was it's like a cracked egg. no good. as of now I'm waiting till the 12th for the swelling to go down, then get casted for 6-8 week's till the next checkup. He said 3-6 months till work..... I'm eating the shit out of calcium pills ha ha, I'm hoping for the 3 months but as I've learned with past breaks I'm never on the short end of recovery..... Thank's anyways.

Posts: 55 | Location: arlington, wa | Registered: Tue August 17 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post