Find
Notify
Tools

Whoa....RMC closing.
 Login/Join

Picture of Kimball #126
posted
Dear RMC Customers,

Renton Motorcycles sadly announces that it has fallen victim to the troublesome economy and has shut its doors. It has been a great honor to serve you and the powersports community. The staff at RMC would like to thank you for the years of patronage, the friendships we made, and the trust you put in us.

We will have limited staff on hand for the next few weeks so you will be able to pick up your special order parts, cancel you pre-paid maintenance contracts, cash in your RMC gift cards and retrieve your bikes out of service. Please contact us at rmcreception@rentonmotorcycles.com or call us at 425.226.4320.

Take the time to get out and ride and hope to see you on the road.

--RMC Staff.

Posts: 1187 | Location: Spokane | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TJ 755
posted Hide Post

Posts: 87 | Location: North Bend | Registered: Fri March 28 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
They had the worst customer service there.

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of devomx302
posted Hide Post
thanks for kicking the man when he is down!

Posts: 60 | Location: Royal City, WA | Registered: Mon December 17 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of B Sharkey
posted Hide Post
i was always treated great there. didnt go to much because its far from where i livebut i never had to order anything there. they always had it

Posts: 1322 | Location: lake stevens | Registered: Thu October 06 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRA-742
posted Hide Post
We would go over and ride there indoor track in the winters. One day first practice out I hit nuetral over double endoed destroyed my exhaust so I went the parts dept and they had complete new exhaust instock! One hour turn around I was back on the trackSmile

Posts: 677 | Location: KENNEWICK | Registered: Sat November 22 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by devomx302:
I'm just saying that may have been part of the issue. I had bad experiences there. Kimball wrote a whole column in the other post about customer service and folks going to the internet, this is an example of that.

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
to much building. to much overhead.

simple as that.

Brett Osaka #627

Posts: 105 | Location: Milton, WA | Registered: Tue June 22 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Justin Anderson
posted Hide Post
I think a lot of it is people like me going over the internet.

Im not going to support a local bike shop when they dont stock any parts. Its bad enough I have to pay more for them, but to have to wait for them to order them too? The shops around here have got so bad about stocking parts, that there really isnt any reason for me to buy local. The only thing I would be forced to buy local is a bike, and even then, a place like RMC is outrageous price-wise.

Id totally support a local shop if they actually stocked consumable parts, it would be worth it to me to spend a few extra bucks to have the part right then and there... Everytime I went to RMC, they always "could order it" for me.

Posts: 403 | Location: Auburn, WA | Registered: Sat December 30 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mx510
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paul 061:
quote:
Originally posted by devomx302:
I'm just saying that may have been part of the issue. I had bad experiences there. Kimball wrote a whole column in the other post about customer service and folks going to the internet, this is an example of that.

I feel bad for everyone that lost their job, bad deal. But I have to agree with you, everytime I went into RMC the customer service that I recieved was not so good. Bad enough that it made me not want to go back there to buy parts.

Posts: 435 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Fri August 01 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of blaze
posted Hide Post
I think in retail for every customer you lose to bad customer service means the loss of three additional more customers and with internet ordering and UPS-FedX etc I can't remember the last time I visited a bike shop for anything.

Posts: 188 | Location: Spokane | Registered: Sat December 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Customer service is everything I liked the guys and girls at RMC, but with a building that big and the overhead you almost have to be shooting for volume sales rather than high profit margins. In my side business I will take a smaller profit margin to earn a repeat customer. They will tell there friends and bring you more customers which equal more $$$

It sucks but it is reality these days people will go where it is cheapest

Posts: 229 | Location: Auburn WA | Registered: Tue November 16 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post