New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Shoei Helmet!
 Login/Join

Picture of Osaka #627
posted
I recommend everyone go out get one of these!!

Best helmet I've ever had in my life! Feels like a cushion on your head!

The Asian Sensation - Stirring Sh** Since '89.

Posts: 693 | Location: Milton, WA | Registered: Tue November 30 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Which Shoei did you get?

Posts: 475 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: Thu November 20 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
I have a VFX-DT, and am very happy with it. Of course, I have been happy with every Shoei I have had. They are great helmets.

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
I'm not very happy with my Shoei. The mouth vent has broken, I've broken two sets of rear vents, one set of front vents has disintegrated, the visor screws have broken. I wish an Arai fit my funny shaped head. They seem to be better quality. With that said, Shoei did replace the parts for free.

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ordered mine three weeks ago from motosport. anxiously waiting for it to show up. the FCR3 white black

Posts: 47 | Location: Tri Cities | Registered: Thu March 29 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
I like this one!

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What model is that?

Posts: 475 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: Thu November 20 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DeVol911
posted Hide Post
That is the new VFX-W

Posts: 95 | Location: E.Wenatchee, Wa USA | Registered: Wed February 25 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Osaka #627
posted Hide Post
That's it! I love mine!

Once you try one on. You'll have to have it. Trust me.

Posts: 693 | Location: Milton, WA | Registered: Tue November 30 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motodrew295
posted Hide Post
How do you have yours already Osaka? Motosport told me not untill after the first of the year, and a few for sale on Ebay but won't ship until January 9th. I need a new helmet bad but it looks like I'm stuck until after the holidays...?

Posts: 525 | Location: kennewick,WA | Registered: Wed March 02 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Osaka #627
posted Hide Post
Enumclaw S.K.Y. has two more in stock. I think they're both large. Both are the same color as above, as is mine as well.

Parts manager told me every other color is 6 months back ordered Confused.

I didn't buy it for it's color though, I bought it because they told me to try it on when I was in there, and once I did I knew there was no going back to the old helmet haha. This helmet gives me confidence. Sounds weird doesn't it?

Picture of 153
posted Hide Post
everyone needs to pump the breaks and go to your local shop and look at how cheap some of the arais are right now. RMC had a few at 50% off for the last few weeks. They just sold one for 316 after tax last week. it was a red narita med. lots of colors and shops already have them.

Posts: 452 | Location: Renton, WA. USA | Registered: Fri December 19 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of B Sharkey
posted Hide Post
i bought a arai last year and it is fantastic, fits awesome, comfortable. i havent tried a shoei yet but heard they are nice as well

Posts: 1322 | Location: lake stevens | Registered: Thu October 06 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got my red Shoei VFX-W for 325 after taxes at rmc on thursday!

*T-BONE*

Posts: 76 | Location: Maple Valley washington | Registered: Tue November 20 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shoei and Arai are the only helmets my family wears. A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Posts: 452 | Location: Selah,WA. | Registered: Fri November 14 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MX516
posted Hide Post
I've had good luck with TLD helmets. I'm on my second. My first saw some abuse and I only broke a visor. It seems the Arai & TLD's fit my noggin the best and I think thats the most important part... Arai, Shoei, TLD, Bell, Upper end helmets, are going to be good.

Do others recall the little controversy with the string of concussion (B Hepler and others) were haveing a few years back. It had something to do with why MX helmets are made to road standards...? Something like they are too hard causing more concussions, especially for little kids who aren't going fast yet. Not sure where that ever went if anywhere...

Posts: 571 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: Sun May 11 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Both my kids wear a Shoei but they just don't fit my head right. Now that I think about it ..... my wife has some explaining to do! LOL

I bought a Shark helmet but haven't had a chance to wear it yet.

Posts: 195 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: Tue February 28 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 153
posted Hide Post
well hepler was wearing HJC's because they paid him the best but I seem to remember a pic of hepler wearing an arai with an hjc sticker on it then last week after talking to bruce porter the arai motocross manager, I learned that Arai has signed millsaps back for another year and he said he would give helmets to hepler also again because he wants him to wear good helmets again. wey had a bad one also and that was in a bell moto 8. shoeis are good but nothing beats an arai. they are handmade to this day. the quality is unbelievable.

Posts: 452 | Location: Renton, WA. USA | Registered: Fri December 19 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Ditto on that Greg. We have 4 Arai's and I wont buy anything else. Not knocking Shoe they would be my next pick. I paid $350.00 for the black and blue one Charlie has.

Posts: 295 | Location: Sultan Wa | Registered: Wed November 12 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
I was set to get an Arai until I tried it on. It just didn't fit my head.

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post