New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Shoei Helmet!
 Login/Join

Picture of Osaka #627
posted Hide Post
I've had a few Arai's and a few Shoei's. In fact it's the only two helmets I've ever owned.

And I dunno what it is about this new Shoei it just feels superior than all my other helmets.

The Asian Sensation - Stirring Sh** Since '89.

Posts: 693 | Location: Milton, WA | Registered: Tue November 30 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of E.W. #849
posted Hide Post
You guys just need to try a TLD!!! They are by far the best lid I have had!!
I just got this last week.

Posts: 3404 | Location: Bothell, WA | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
I heard the TLD was made by KBC. Thats why Mylnar switched to a Thor (made my THH!)

Just kidding.

I love the new TLD that is copper orange.

Aaron.

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of moderbike x
posted Hide Post
i only like maxairs or lazer helmets they are way cool!

Posts: 215 | Location: lake stevens | Registered: Sat December 18 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post

Right there Mike. That was my first "real" mx helmet, must have been in 1980 or something. Mine was red, and I was so proud of that thing. Quite a step up from the open faced red sparkley that I had. I could feel the wind blowing in my hair from my ram air! It was the best ever. Big Grin

If you hurry, you can pick this one up off of ebay for $29.00.

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Open Class
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by E.W. #849:
You guys just need to try a TLD!!! They are by far the best lid I have had!!
I just got this last week.

Yup. Troy Lee for 4-5 years now and they rock! Shoei, Arai, and now TLD.

---------------------------------------------------------------
"You, you, and you: panic. The rest of you come with me"

Posts: 722 | Location: An island in the middle of a lake | Registered: Sun January 07 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MX516
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron:

If you hurry, you can pick this one up off of ebay for $29.00.

Is that the "buy it now" price? wheres the link? Big Grin

that is a sick lid E.W.!

Posts: 571 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: Sun May 11 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
KBC and HJC make helmets for 90% of the companies out there (Thor, TLD, One, Bell, sixsixone etc..) Arai and Shoei are the ONLY brands that hand make all their helmets.

Arais street helmets are hands down the best, three different shell shapes so you have a perfect fit, but they havent brought that over to their offroad line, and they definitely dont put as much focus on their mx helmets, where as it seems like Shoei puts more into their MX helmets. Bottom line they are both the best helmets you can put your head in. They fit completely different though, people usually fit one or the other better, in my case I fit a shoei perfect, but would no doubt wear an Arai in a street helmet. Also, if anyone ever needs one let me know and I can get you a good price!

Posts: 82 | Location: mill creek | Registered: Sat November 15 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
I'm a HJC kinda guy. Arai and Shoei good for sure but I've busted 1-2-3 hats since my return to MX and for an old man that's saying something. I say get what fits and meets DOT spec is the candidate. By broken I mean I either crashed hard enough to damage the shell or smaked my head hard enough to make me think I might have damaged it (crush material or shell).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Workman #21,

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by powers:
KBC and HJC make helmets for 90% of the companies out there (Thor, TLD, One, Bell, sixsixone etc..) Arai and Shoei are the ONLY brands that hand make all their helmets.

Arais street helmets are hands down the best, three different shell shapes so you have a perfect fit, but they havent brought that over to their offroad line, and they definitely dont put as much focus on their mx helmets, where as it seems like Shoei puts more into their MX helmets. Bottom line they are both the best helmets you can put your head in. They fit completely different though, people usually fit one or the other better, in my case I fit a shoei perfect, but would no doubt wear an Arai in a street helmet. Also, if anyone ever needs one let me know and I can get you a good price!

Which powers is this? I might be interested.

Posts: 295 | Location: Sultan Wa | Registered: Wed November 12 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of devomx302
posted Hide Post
I am a TLD guy as well. They also just came out with the McGrath Showtime Replica helmet as he has switched from bell! looks pretty cool but is quite a bit more than the production SE2

Posts: 60 | Location: Royal City, WA | Registered: Mon December 17 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
TLD is the only brand that i haven't broken, and it is the most compfortable helmet that i have ever worn.think i've saved about every brand that has been broken on my head.

Posts: 440 | Location: Royal city | Registered: Fri January 18 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 216's dad:

Nathan Powers, I think little c has my number if you dont

Posts: 82 | Location: mill creek | Registered: Sat November 15 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by powers:
quote:
Originally posted by 216's dad:

Nathan Powers, I think little c has my number if you dont

I've got your digits still in my phone. I'll give you a call. Thanks.

Posts: 295 | Location: Sultan Wa | Registered: Wed November 12 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of honda916
posted Hide Post
I have had a little of everything. When I first got back into moto I started out with a fly helmet. Must have busted that visor like 20 times. At that time I didnt really know that a crash resulting in a concusion usaully means its time for a new helmet. I remember when i found that out I took a look at the interior styrofoam and you could visable see like 5 gaping cracks. After fly I upgraded to the KOREAN BELL CRACKER (KBC). Got knocked out cold in that helmet at RMC without so much as a scratch on the helmet and no interior damage over like a 5 foot double (clicked nuetral) Confused. Then I got my first TLD SE. I liked the helmet but the interior foam was a little on the light side so not the most confortable helmet. Then I got a TLD SE2. Which was hands down the most confortable helmet I have ever had. I just recently switched to Thor cause I liked the look and could not believe how light the carbon helmet is. So far I am pretty stoked on it. Still think my TLD fit a tiny better but the light weight Thor almost feels like your not wearing anything.

Posts: 235 | Location: bothell wa | Registered: Thu September 08 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Imagine that, you whacking your noggon. Aaron and I were just talking about the time when we went to MXGP, before it was MXGP looking for you. It had been a long time since Aaron had seen you, so he wasn't sure what you looked like, he only knew you were riding a CR250. We were walking up to the track and a guy on a CR came over one of the downhill jumps, nose low and panic revved, he crashed pretty hard. Aaron said, I think that was him and the funny thing is, it was.

Posts: 475 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: Thu November 20 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of honda916
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Disturbed450:
Imagine that, you whacking your noggon. Aaron and I were just talking about the time when we went to MXGP, before it was MXGP looking for you. It had been a long time since Aaron had seen you, so he wasn't sure what you looked like, he only knew you were riding a CR250. We were walking up to the track and a guy on a CR came over one of the downhill jumps, nose low and panic revved, he crashed pretty hard. Aaron said, I think that was him and the funny thing is, it was.

LMAO! Ya I remember that very well suprisingly. I remember not being able to see out of one eye for like an hour after that wreck. Think that was my first of many moto concusions.

When are you gonna start riding again. Aaron and I were just talking about how we miss having you to ride with.

Posts: 235 | Location: bothell wa | Registered: Thu September 08 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I go to the Doctor this week and see about getting the metal out of my leg. Depending on what I decide to get removed, will determine my comeback date. I know it I can't wait, I have a brand new '05 to ride, lol.

Posts: 475 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: Thu November 20 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of honda916
posted Hide Post
right on. Keep us informed. I will look forward to your return!

posted Hide Post
I look forward to my return as well, I will keep you in the loop.