Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2011 Supercross predictions
 Login/Join

posted
Just wanted to see what some of the opinions are for the 2011 supercross season. What are your thoughts for the 450 class how will Dungy deal with everyone back on the gate. Will Honda make a resurgance with Canard and Grant. How will Reed fare as a team owner and what about Stewart. Will KTM spoil the party for some of these teams? As far as 250s who will emerge as the new force and can Pro Circuit be knocked off the top. Just want to here the opinions

Posts: 229 | Location: Auburn WA | Registered: Tue November 16 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of E.W. #849
posted Hide Post
Im really not a Dungey fan but I think hes on a different level than the rest.
Stewart needs to get back up to speed.
Reed has too much on his plate.
Canard proved himself but time will tell.
Grant wads up. I like him but he gets hurt alot.
Villo could do it if he keeps his head clear and makes smart choices.
Shorts on a new bike. Hard to tell.

Posts: 3404 | Location: Bothell, WA | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRA-742
posted Hide Post
1-Dungey will run up front win two-

2-Stewart will not be denied checkers or wreckers-

3-Reed will podium and win at least one-

4-Short will rock the 350 still pull some starts and win one-

5-Villo I predicted he would win the champ last year I'm bettin 2nd overall this year-

6-Poucell should have Grants ride-

7-Windham finish top five at best and get a podium-

8- If Stroupe ridin 450 he will pull some starts-

9-Milsaps podiums top five-

10- Brayton I hope wins one-

11- Carnard's the Champ!

Posts: 677 | Location: KENNEWICK | Registered: Sat November 22 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of racerx43yz
posted Hide Post
You guys are forgetting Jake Weimer! I look for him to turn some heads on the big bike!

Posts: 61 | Location: Coeur d' Alene,ID,USA | Registered: Wed December 03 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mx510
posted Hide Post
Canard- He is a rookie, but will be fast and might win a couple.
Dungey- I think will win the title through consistency and a couple wins.
Villo-I think will be fast and will win some, I think he will finish 2nd.
Reed- I have no clue on him. He could win, or he could finish 5th, every race and the championship points.
Short- Some podiums.
Grant- Might win one or two, but will crash and get hurt at some point.
Weimer- top 5s and maybe a couple podiums.
Stewart- Will obviously be fast, but he cant figure out how to set up a bike and stay healthy might finish 3rd.
Windham-top 5s and a few podiums.

Posts: 435 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Fri August 01 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mx510
posted Hide Post
BTW- Is there any word on where Pourcel might land?

Posts: 435 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Fri August 01 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
No clue beyond what this board has already said. Based on TRA's figures (and gut) I'd go:

1-Dungey, there's anger under that hood and Lance Armstrong power too (see TV Commecials and bicycle)

2-Canard, has skills and anger and time under his belt

3-Short, has all the above and Roger DeCoster and KTM and 350 too. Sounds like Perfect-Storm for SX

4-Reed-Stewart-Villopotto here. Only toss Ryan into group 4 cause he got hurt so bad last year. Blame Track guys

5-I'd give my..to be classified in this group - the rest-of-the-best. The worst-of-the-rest is 10x times better than I've ever been.

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rad's dad
posted Hide Post
Stewart will trade wins with Dungey until crashing out- Dungey wins championship.

Villo wins Seattle!

Posts: 312 | Location: Olympia | Registered: Sun November 23 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WOW for NW guys I would have expected more RV support! Big fan of his so think he has unfinished goals and IF HEALTHY will win.Dungey?JS too much Hollywood,Reed married w/children.surprized about support for Davie never been a strong fan not sure he will get a podium this season,
Better game is WHO of the local talent will make a main? Watching locals battle at our AX tracks gives us hope,doing SX gives us a REALITY CHECK!! JR

Enjoy Racing & Riding for Fun!
Be a Good Sportsmen (or women)!

Posts: 767 | Location: Oregon | Registered: Mon July 24 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of B Sharkey
posted Hide Post
as long as villopoto doesnt start of 25pts in the hole the first race he has a shot still had more wins than dungey with 4 races left last year, canard will be strong top 5 every week. not much to say about dungey that hasnt been said. omly question is will stewart bring the fire of him oldself. reed hard to say but id like to see him kick ass on the honda

Posts: 1322 | Location: lake stevens | Registered: Thu October 06 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1.villopotto-he's healthy & ready
2.stewart-face it he is fast
3.dungey-without decoster he will taper off
4.short-struggle on ktm but will get it
5.canard-finishes off injured/tries too hard
6 thru 10 who the hell knows?

Tory's Dad (289)

Posts: 119 | Location: pacific,wa. | Registered: Tue December 20 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
No one can touch Stewart on a Supercross track. I think he has matured and he will win. Second will be Dungey. after that who cares :-)

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Guys
Please take Paul's money with a small wager!! JR

Enjoy Racing & Riding for Fun!
Be a Good Sportsmen (or women)!

Posts: 767 | Location: Oregon | Registered: Mon July 24 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRA-742
posted Hide Post
WHO WILL WIN A-1?

I GO ALL INN ON-

LITES>>>>J-HANSEN

HEAVYS>>>T-CARNARD

Posts: 677 | Location: KENNEWICK | Registered: Sat November 22 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MX Family:
Guys
Please take Paul's money with a small wager!! JR

OK JR since I'm taking Stewart against the field I want 10:1

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
quote:
4-Reed-Stewart-Villopotto here. Only toss Ryan into group 4 cause he got hurt so bad last year. Blame Track guys

Sorry guys/gals my contextual blunder. I'd place Ryan V. in 1-2 contender slot for 2011 had he not missed 2010 outdoor season and he had no relative (to me) marketing campaign.

Haven't heard much in public press about his well being but then I also give many extra dxdew?a'bSMx' points for exactly the same reason.

I think Ryan V's got a shot at #1 for sure in SX and maybe MX too better yet I like his thinking and homie style. RV gives me hope. Hope that traditional values still apply. Hunter-Gather.

YouTube clip ( Freeze dried food on the hunting trip )

Did I mention I love Subway sandwiches especially the "Toasted Jalapeno, Onion and Olive Steak & Cheese topped with Chipotle sauce sandwich" kind. I mention this because ...

Monroe racing was pretty good last night stands semi-full. Me-Myself-and-I even had our own fans (peeps that know me introducing me to ones that don't - in a public way) by hollering out "Toasted Jalapeno" which of course caused this spectator to lazer focus on sound-source and nearly causing me to pull a neck muscle with my lazer-like focus on TARGET. Alas no Subway just plenty of friends and grins. PS speaking of friends and grins wanna give a shout-out to da Howells' #222. Solid as-a-rock Stem-to-Stern racing. Chris is pushing hard and for 2011 might have Jake Anstett on-broad as they head south sleeping in a box-van and trying to make main SX Show.

Don't know about you but for me effort overcomes finishes any day. Show me effort/wins and well...

Local racing was good and have stories but RV is the the point and I have faith he'll do well in racing but more importantly seems to me (no official communique) he'll do well in life.

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haney10
posted Hide Post
Villo
Dungey
Cenard
Stewart
Reed
Short
Pourcel
Windham
Braiten
Chisolm

I reserve the right to change these predictions up to 24 hrs before eventSmile

Posts: 59 | Location: Tri-Cities | Registered: Tue November 04 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vetmx808
posted Hide Post
Weimer...broken arm yesterday! Mad

Posts: 582 | Location: Montana | Registered: Mon September 17 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vern#119
posted Hide Post
Rumor Wilson hurt too
My most inaccurate predition
RV "Aldon Baker"and Ryan believes in his methods . have you ever seen him so thin fighting ready.

Mr. Stewart after getting his ass handed to him at the outdoor nat. he got serious...

Dungy A true champion who does what it takes to win . I just hope loosing THE RD he can stay grounded.

Grant? The cow he's milken is almost dry

Posts: 1497 | Location: Auburn | Registered: Sat August 21 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
Stanton got real thin his last year of MX 1993 something. Twas to! thin if ya ask me.

A body needs some bulk to sustain race. If it's all gone then I'm suggesting maybe somethings absent upstairs to, maybe da trainer da manager or....