E.W. Motocross Schools    Northwest Motocross Forum    Northwest Motocross Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion  Hop To Forums  **PIT**TALK**    best track to get back into the game
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

best track to get back into the game
 Login/Join

posted
I have been out of the country for 9 months so my skills are rusty at best obviously. Last winter I did the Clark County indoor thing, then left. What track would be a good one to get back into my groove? Riverdale vintage is too mellow for my liking and Riverdale main track is just a bit outside my comfort zone(well just the big double, the other jumps are no issue) I prefer smaller technical tracks to bigger fast tracks (clark county was perfect last season, but I will be getting back probably right at the end of it this winter). I missed all Ward Creeks dates, that track looks amazing, how is Pacific raceways? Im in Olympia.

Posts: 8 | Location: Olympia | Registered: Wed December 21 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 153
posted Hide Post
Pacific is good only one jump that is big enough to make you think about it and a mellow rhythm section to challenge all skill levels. Really a fun track and worth checking out but oct 20th will probably be the last date of the year so you better get out there and check it out while you still have a chance.

Posts: 452 | Location: Renton, WA. USA | Registered: Fri December 19 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
any chances of them having any winter practices? I am out of the country till January.

Posts: 8 | Location: Olympia | Registered: Wed December 21 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
Woodland is a really good "get back into it" track, open during the Winter.

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of E.W. #849
posted Hide Post
Last Saturday my schedule finaly worked out to get to Pacific Raceways. I give those guys alot of credit for all the hard! To build up a track from nothing, is a crazy about of work.
Cool track for sure!

Posts: 3404 | Location: Bothell, WA | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Justin Anderson
posted Hide Post
By location... Id say Straddleline or Pacific... Pacific is definately a fair bit "less" sketchy and fun, but straddleline is closer... IMO, riverdales main track is about ideal for me, I dont know if youll really find anything easier than that... I would highly recommend OPMC though, that track fits everybody from beginners to pros... And if you are looking for a track that will get your mojo going, its going to be that one... Dont be afraid to drive..

Posts: 403 | Location: Auburn, WA | Registered: Sat December 30 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OPMC looks like a beautiful track, but the membership is a challenge for me, getting sponsored and making a weekday meeting all the way up at Port Angeles, guess I could hit up one of the paid practices. Maybe I should just dedicate some time to spending on the main track at riverdale. I REALLY want to hit up Pacific, it looks like a very fun track, but I hate that you have to pay for spectators (my wife and son) to come.

Picture of Justin Anderson
posted Hide Post
Just hit a Raceday or Practice at OPMC... Its worth it either way, trust me... Beyond that, its up to you...

As far as Pacific and its spectator charge goes, its worth it to have a track as local as it is... Sometimes it goes up and beyond what things are on the surface... Just my opinion...

Posts: 403 | Location: Auburn, WA | Registered: Sat December 30 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
true about pacific, paying the spectator fee still saves me a bunch of money in gas as close as it is!

posted Hide Post
A lot of tracks are starting to charge spectators on practice day because a spectator does use the restroom and creates garbage. When you look at the spectator fee on race day it has been $10 for over 10 years now and the promoters have had every expense go way up and are getting less numbers because of the economy.
$5 is cheap entertainment for an afternoon and it's helping tracks stay alive. And $10 in gas won't be enough to get you to the next closest track.

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of B Sharkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Justin Anderson:
Just hit a Raceday or Practice at OPMC... Its worth it either way, trust me... Beyond that, its up to you...

As far as Pacific and its spectator charge goes, its worth it to have a track as local as it is... Sometimes it goes up and beyond what things are on the surface... Just my opinion...
like justin said that track is perfect for everyone and is also one of the few west side tracks that are rideable in the winter too. my parents live across the street from there and it never fails its just cloudy over there when its pouring in this hell hole called the convergence zone

Posts: 1322 | Location: lake stevens | Registered: Thu October 06 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motodad642
posted Hide Post
I was just looking at these comments and compared to a couple years ago....it is so awesome to see the more options for tracks have re emerged. Thank you's go out to Elain, Lance and Greg for taking up the challenge and risk to reopen tracks! Please remember in order to keep these tracks open we all need to make the rounds... visit them all and if you can, volunteer to help out.

Posts: 276 | Location: Sumner Wa | Registered: Tue February 24 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motodad642
posted Hide Post
I want to add how awesome our local promotors are. They are working for your riding rights and options for events!! To see them working together unlike ever before to ensure you can enjoy more choices to be envolved in. Thank you Northwest Raceing Assoc.,the Devol gang, Straddle Line, Ward Creek, Bellingham raceway, Riverdale, Burnt Ridge, OPMC, Pacific Raceway, Washougal, Airway Hights, Horn, and thanks to Bill Anderson volunteering so much of his time. Steve who works hard to make a awesome winter practice area! Dont forget Goldendale, Mt View, Albany, Salem AX, and Portland raceway... There are more to thank so when you get the chance make sure you give them the coudo's they deserve... After all without them where would we ride??

Posts: 276 | Location: Sumner Wa | Registered: Tue February 24 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mx510
posted Hide Post
Well said motodad.

Posts: 435 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Fri August 01 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kimball #126
posted Hide Post
Airway MX is super safe and fast.. I'm 42 and have no issues doing everything out there... Toes National track is a blast too.'

B

Posts: 1187 | Location: Spokane | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks, I might have to make a weekend of it and head out to airway, looks like a fun track!

posted Hide Post
1 week till Im back, then its go time! Im also picking up a new bike, dont know what yet, probably a low hour used 11 or 12 KX250F.

probably going to hit up riverdale and work corners the first weekend Im back

posted Hide Post
plan on hitting up Riverdale this next weekend, unless something else is looking to be rideable.. I pick up my '12 KX250F on Wednesday or Thursday from Paulsons in Lacey. (wife went in on Friday and put a deposit on it!) Im going to focus the first few days of riding on getting my basics back..cornering, cornering and cornering and working on not sitting down so much.

posted Hide Post
Airway has become very fun, flows very well, and favors those of us with mere mortal skills.

Posts: 195 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: Tue February 28 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ive just been hitting up Riverdale lately, raced there in the winter series race in March, did OK in 30+c. My cornering absolutely sucks, jumps are not the issue for once lol. Next weekend will be either Straddleline or Ward Creek, never rode either one.