New
Find
Notify
Tools

just wonderin...
 Login/Join

Picture of spin05
posted Hide Post
Heal well there MC339. Thanks for the Bell moto 8 helemt review. I also have a bell moto8 bought on clerance. So this makes me feel a whole lot better since i never owned a bell before...

#329 40+ class

Posts: 808 | Location: camano is,wa | Registered: Sun September 03 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of race250r
posted Hide Post
That is funny, I am looking at a few different Moto-8's. I think I will pull the trigger and get one, now.

Posts: 70 | Location: W. Seattle, WA | Registered: Thu February 10 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of McGinnis_339
posted Hide Post
So its been just over 4 weeks since I got hurt. In 2 weeks from today I have a doctors appointment and hopefully at that point in time I'll be able to start putting weight on my legs. Over the few weeks that I've been stuck in bed watching mx movies and live supercross on speed, I can't wait to get back on my bike. I always thought it was crazy how people could get so hurt on a bike but keep riding and racing. Now I understand...

Posts: 99 | Location: Des Moines | Registered: Thu September 24 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Court321
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear that! Get well Brian!

Posts: 23 | Location: Tacoma | Registered: Thu November 19 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rad_mxer317
posted Hide Post
Brian im just now seeing this...wow man didnt know about this..good luck with healing, take it easy! i'll see you soon its fun riding and racing with you. Jeff

Posts: 1034 | Location: TUMWATER | Registered: Tue November 25 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of McGinnis_339
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jeff, I'll see you back at the races sooner or later. On another note, it took a lot of convincing from my dad to help me but he hoisted me up on my bike and put it in gear for me so I took a few laps around the block lol good times!

Posts: 99 | Location: Des Moines | Registered: Thu September 24 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Osaka #627
posted Hide Post
Amen.

quote:
Originally posted by Justin Anderson:
There are two kinds of people in motocross.

The first type is the person who spends every weekend (And lots of time in between..) since they were barely able to remember anything, racing motocross... Thats what they do, and nothing else in the world means more to them than being the best they possibly can at this sport. When they encounter injuries, its just another step in the road, they really dont know anything else... These are the types that make up 90% of the professional racers today...

Then there is the rest of us... Those who enjoy the sport as much as the above, who have the skill, but at some point, realize that there is a lot more that we are interested in than Moto... Those that make up this group all joined for some reason or another... Either we got bored with the sport, started out early and missed out on the action when it counted and came back too late (myself), or got hurt bad enough to second guess their future in the sport.

At some point you have to pick which group you want to be in, and sometimes it takes a serious situation such as yours to bring that decision to light... Bottom line, this sport is all about fun... Everybody should take that into account next time they go for that huge jump...

Get well soon...

The Asian Sensation - Stirring Sh** Since '89.

Posts: 693 | Location: Milton, WA | Registered: Tue November 30 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Brian. What did your doctor say when you told him you did some laps. Break your right wrist?
Your pure Moto dude!

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of McGinnis_339
posted Hide Post
Ted I think I'll keep this my little secret from my doctor! My mother was less than impressed though and was about to lay my dad out after she found out. I must admit it probably wasn't THE smartest thing to do but oh well, I've been going stir crazy!!! I also found out that my wheel chair gets speed wobbles in the front end when it goes down hills too fast... Could Devol fab up a steering stabilizer maybe?

Picture of McGinnis_339
posted Hide Post
Saw the Doctor yesterday and he said everything is going great. I can put 100% weight on my left leg and I'm starting physical therapy to build up strength in my right leg which means NO MORE WHEEL CHAIR!!!! Hopped on some crutches last night and I'm back on my feet somewhat. In about 6 weeks I should be back to 100% normal (a.k.a. time to start riding again?)

posted Hide Post
Heck if you can put 100% of your weight on the foot I should remind you that we have a race this weekend. YA baby!

Don't tell your mommy I was encouraging you in any way. Eek Big Grin

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of McGinnis_339
posted Hide Post
Rode a bike for the first time in the dirt in 364 days. Rode my buddies 05 yamaha at beverly dunes today. I'm pretty sore but it felt great to be back! I honestly believe there is no better feeling then riding a dirtbike

posted Hide Post
Glad to see you are back on a bike my 11 year old took a wild ride on Saturday getting thrown over the bars of her YZ85. It's always funny to me how we always get back on the bike even if it takes a year I had to wait almost 5 months to get back on and it never felt better

Posts: 229 | Location: Auburn WA | Registered: Tue November 16 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post