New
Find
Notify
Tools

just wonderin...
 Login/Join

Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
I like it Klete. And I can assure you guys, were growing. I'm going to get some more stickers printed, hit me up if you see me turning practice lap after practice lap!

LOL.

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
By the way Klete, can we borrow your saying for the Facebook page? Smile

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRA-742
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron:
I like it Klete. And I can assure you guys, were growing. I'm going to get some more stickers printed, hit me up if you see me turning practice lap after practice lap!

LOL.

Do you need to run numbers to be pro practicer? I just run numbers on the front plate and I get called poser a lot Confused lol

Posts: 677 | Location: KENNEWICK | Registered: Sat November 22 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
Aaron is the Grand Pubah of the MXPPA :-)

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
Join up guys! Just made a facebook profile.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/348806178473312/

Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
Up until last year, the rule was that you couldn't race. Then I rode an OTMX, so we had to amend the bylaws to allow a nominal amount of racing....LOL.

And numbers are good, gotta look factory you know..

Picture of Tomsti
posted Hide Post
I think the only official requirement of the MXPPA is that you are committed about bench racing under the ezup.

There could be more rules to acceptance however the rules committee was too drunk to finish them.

Posts: 35 | Location: Sammamish | Registered: Fri April 17 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
Tom, I can assure you that seat time is the number one requirement. Sharkey runs the "under easy up bull$hitting sub-committee.

Picture of Rays Dad
posted Hide Post
I'm sure hoping to qualify for the MXPPA this year once I win my first practice.

Posts: 582 | Location: Tacoma | Registered: Tue June 20 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
I'd post a picture here but wouldn't wanna scare any posers away with it's magnificence. No posers in MXPPA just good timers. Effort is all that counts. Ones only gotta remember this "It aint how fast ya go, but how good ya look". My Podium Speech: "I'd like to thank all my sponsors and for Subway and their most magnificent Toasted Jalapeno, Onion and Olive Steak & Cheese topped with Chipotle sauce sandwich" without which I'd be ...

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kimball #126
posted Hide Post
I think I might race one race this year...so "Grandfather" me in on at least one.. MXPPA I'm down!

Posts: 1187 | Location: Spokane | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KinserMoto438
posted Hide Post
Aaron, go for it. It's only the perfect quote. Shout out to Toby Keith for the inspiration.

*Let up for a second, and thats where you'll finish!*
-Klete #438

Posts: 114 | Location: Bothell, WA | Registered: Mon November 22 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KinserMoto438
posted Hide Post
I now realize I have to start saving my pennies so I can acquire the necessary bling for my ol' 2-smoke to shine and glisten as I turn laps at the local practice track. That is, when I make my return to serious moto-practice this spring.

*Let up for a second, and thats where you'll finish!*
-Klete #438

Posts: 114 | Location: Bothell, WA | Registered: Mon November 22 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of E.W. #849
posted Hide Post
Hey Brian, Your topic got jacked by the MXPPA!
Whats the status of your hip?

Posts: 3404 | Location: Bothell, WA | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of McGinnis_339
posted Hide Post
Haha yeah it did EW. I've been working with the physical therapist and they got me into a wheel chair yesterday which was nice to actually move around on my own. The last time I looked outside was when I was laying on the ground at toes so it was strange to see buildings and everything when I was wheeling around. If things keep going well I should be able to go home tomorrow sometime, then its just a quick 8 to 12 week no weight on my hips recovery and I should be set. Hopefully I'll be out of a chair by the time seattle sx rolls around. I was hoping mxppa could hook up some stickers for my new sweet bedside commode!

Posts: 99 | Location: Des Moines | Registered: Thu September 24 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did a lot of thinking after September 17th and decided I wanted my kids off the track so we're hanging our boots up. We'll try to hit some vintage races in the NW and maybe an old timers race but that's it.

Posts: 195 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: Tue February 28 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of McGinnis_339
posted Hide Post
Laying in the hospital bed I pretty much had it made up in my mind that I was done for good. Yesterday I wheeled into the garage and my dad straightened out the front of my bike for me. While looking at my bike I started thinking that if I could, I would have jumped up on it and rode it around that block. I think for most that ever throw a leg over a bike once, it becomes a way of life forever. I have to buy new gear and a new helmet but I'll be itching to ride again. Even if its just riding down my street. On another note... I was wearing a bell moto-8 helmet that was a closeout model that I had just recently got. It cracked in 4 places almost all the way thru but I didn't have even a minor concussion. It absolutely did its job and will buy another one and I recommend Bell Helmets to anyone. And I also just want to say that the only thing at fault for the crash was me. My suspension was set up great and motocross tracks get rough. I took a different line over a job than what I normally was taking and it had a little kicker on it that I failed to notice (or react to). Just wanted to get that out there...

Posts: 99 | Location: Des Moines | Registered: Thu September 24 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of McGinnis_339
posted Hide Post
Took a different line over a jump* than what I usually was taking...

Picture of Court321
posted Hide Post
Well I'm glad your not going to hang the boots up man! Your too good to give up! Things happen to all of us! I look forward to riding with you again! Take it easy bro!

Posts: 23 | Location: Tacoma | Registered: Thu November 19 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of race250r
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear about your get off. We can all empathize with you, albeit some more than others Smile

Get well soon!

Chris

Posts: 70 | Location: W. Seattle, WA | Registered: Thu February 10 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post