New
Find
Notify
Tools

HELP!!!! Bolt removal
 Login/Join

Picture of Bearmore
posted
OK, I am sure someone has a tried and true method of removing a radiator shroud bolt from the threaded stud that is embedded in the gas tank. I must mention that the embedded stud spins making it a pain in the A$$!!!!!!! I have reached my boiling point and hope some fresh ideas are out there. I don't want to have to purchase a new gas tank.

If it helps it's on the right side, top bolt, of an '05 YZ250.

Posts: 445 | Location: Whidbey Island | Registered: Fri March 09 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had a couple Honda's with this issue,
if the nut is spinning in the tank, it is already damaged. I preach to the Boys, anti- seize and no cross threading. After you get the bolt out (sometimes a flat blade applying force to the nut, while turning the bolt). I have found a powder and liquid mix plastic, that can be used to reseat a new nut in the tank. If you need it I will find the Plastic Co. catalog that I ordered it through, it is not a glue, it is plastic you can mold ect. helmet visors ect.

Posts: 36 | Location: Gig harbor | Registered: Fri November 14 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post