Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What I wanna do to my YZ250
 Login/Join

posted
Someday I will do this to my '06 YZ250 but I'm gonna use the '12 chassis I like the bigger lower cast sections by the footpeg's on the 12 frame a lil more then the '10/'11 frames.

Posts: 552 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: Sat December 06 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of E.W. #849
posted Hide Post
What the hell?

CR 250 motor in a newer YZ250F frame???
Is that right?

Looks badass!

Posts: 3404 | Location: Bothell, WA | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Look again that's a yz 250 motor not no stinking honda

"I'm goin back to 4 strokes to 4 strokes...nah I don't think so!"

Posts: 552 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: Sat December 06 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rad_mxer317
posted Hide Post
spend the money on waunch riding lessons instead

Posts: 1034 | Location: TUMWATER | Registered: Tue November 25 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm to old to go any faster and it's a more deserving motor for that chassis than that pile of one that was in it orginally from the factory.

I also really like how people sure hate on this conversion. But when it's a CR conversion or even an RM conversion it's really cool and neat.

posted Hide Post
I like any AF conversion as long as it's clean. I say to each their own most now prefer 4 strokes but I still like the 2 strokes myself. I'm under no disillusion that I will get paid to race so I will race what I have fun on

Posts: 229 | Location: Auburn WA | Registered: Tue November 16 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
I bet you could totally pull 450s up the hill at Wards on that thing...

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of E.W. #849
posted Hide Post
Hate on this conversion? Not at all!

Thats a badass bike! I like seeing what cool stuff people are making!

quote:

I also really like how people sure hate on this conversion. But when it's a CR conversion or even an RM conversion it's really cool and neat.

Posts: 3404 | Location: Bothell, WA | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRA-742
posted Hide Post
Want to know what I'm making??

I'm making a check out to ktm for new 125sx! If I wanted to ride a 250 I would buy the 250sx why build one with a heavy 4 stroke frame?
Although i have to agree that is a bitchen lookin custom yz250!

2012 P.R.O. Richland mud race.. Pouring rain & people taking turns talking extreme right wing on the loud speaker telling us were basically in a state of emergency & who we should vote for,, for like 30 minutes.. I told my 12 yr old son to listen and remember this race day with the early morning rainy day speech because its a day/a time/an era/ fear/ its history/ and at a MX Race!

Posts: 677 | Location: KENNEWICK | Registered: Sat November 22 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The frame is not any heavier then the stocker setup vs my 06 i would make it a yz 300 big bore rode one and it was sweet.

Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TRA-742:
Want to know what I'm making??

I'm making a check out to ktm for new 125sx! If I wanted to ride a 250 I would buy the 250sx why build one with a heavy 4 stroke frame?
Although i have to agree that is a bitchen lookin custom yz250!

2012 P.R.O. Richland mud race.. Pouring rain & people taking turns talking extreme right wing on the loud speaker telling us were basically in a state of emergency & who we should vote for,, for like 30 minutes.. I told my 12 yr old son to listen and remember this race day with the early morning rainy day speech because its a day/a time/an era/ fear/ its history/ and at a MX Race!

Ted, Motocross Action had a good review of the 125 vs the 150. They liked the 150 alot better. I'm contemplating a 250SX. I agree, right left or middle, the MX track is a place to escape that crap.

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRA-742
posted Hide Post
Paul, I already read the article and the only bike for me is the 125.. Re- read the MXA test again I think your big bore guy there's two bike for two types riders.. For me 125 easier to go faster on than 150 and handles better suspension better less frame torqe easier to go faster longer carrying momentum easier way fast enough for 190lb rider less grunt equals more fun but for some of the vet guys like 450 guys like you the 150 is your bike for for sure you that's what you like is grunt.. Don't buy 250sx it's way to much bike way to much power unusable exhausting bad handling its a young mans bike at best dangerous not fun..You could patch it with very heavy flywheel and a lot of suspension testing but it still not good I'd rather have any 450.. I have rode big bore 139 /144 don't care for them but for a lot the big bores & 150's are perfect killer mx bike and the for off road there the sickest woods rockets! just my 2 chang cents

Posts: 677 | Location: KENNEWICK | Registered: Sat November 22 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
Ted! Are you serious about the campaigning? That's hilarious.

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRA-742
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron:
Ted! Are you serious about the campaigning? That's hilarious.

Yes Aaron it was very, very serious! I guess if I voted Left I might of been really offended but I voted Right so I wasn't but it was definitely way over the top! I'm not judging given the seriousness of the election and our current situation. I'm still in shock Mitt didn't win given how strong people felt. I can appreciate there efforts its just something in my life that I've never witnessed at a race or any sporting event.. Obama is my President again for the next four years I just hope & pray somehow both sides can find away to work together to find some kind of common ground..Amen

Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TRA-742:
Paul, I already read the article and the only bike for me is the 125.. Re- read the MXA test again I think your big bore guy there's two bike for two types riders.. For me 125 easier to go faster on than 150 and handles better suspension better less frame torqe easier to go faster longer carrying momentum easier way fast enough for 190lb rider less grunt equals more fun but for some of the vet guys like 450 guys like you the 150 is your bike for for sure you that's what you like is grunt.. Don't buy 250sx it's way to much bike way to much power unusable exhausting bad handling its a young mans bike at best dangerous not fun..You could patch it with very heavy flywheel and a lot of suspension testing but it still not good I'd rather have any 450.. I have rode big bore 139 /144 don't care for them but for a lot the big bores & 150's are perfect killer mx bike and the for off road there the sickest woods rockets! just my 2 chang cents

I have a 200 now EXC. I don't want another 450. I'd like to do a test ride on a 250SX

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRA-742
posted Hide Post
Yeah forsure Paul test ride the 250sx when i did it was scary at best..I've ridden a lot 450's not for me boring..250F best bike imo nothin better for moto if I'm racin for plastic trophys.. I'm sure you dig that 200 and the 150 is lighter and faster.. I wish they made a full size 100cc..lol

posted Hide Post
RIDE 2 STROKES BE HAPPY. 125'S ARE THE BEST!

Posts: 452 | Location: Selah,WA. | Registered: Fri November 14 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I wish they made a full size 100cc..lol

The last full sized 100 I had was this 1982 YZ100 J model that was with the ride sided chain based off the IT200 motor full sized chassis n wheels loved that bike!

I still don't believe ya on the 250SX though I rode a 2010 model and it felt smoother power wise then my '06 yz250 and it handled great.
But I hated the suspenion setup it was all wrong for me friend had the forks too soft for my liking I had to ignore the evo stickers on them cause I was like these are revalved wtf?! they felt woods bike soft. I still haven't managed to sneak a ride in on his 2012 model!