E.W. Motocross Schools    Northwest Motocross Forum    Northwest Motocross Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion  Hop To Forums  **PIT**TALK**    RMC not selling some mini's, new lead law
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RMC not selling some mini's, new lead law
 Login/Join

Picture of 34's mechanic
posted
I stopped by RMC today and they are not selling 50 65 and some 85's dut to the new lead based law. I can't believe this crap.

Posts: 82 | Location: Redondo Wa. | Registered: Wed August 23 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MX516
posted Hide Post
can you buy it and say its for yourself as a pit bike...

Posts: 571 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: Sun May 11 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 34's mechanic
posted Hide Post
Not according to the salesman I talked to today there, I also talked to KTM Hutt and they are only selling the parts they have in stock and not re-ordering any untill this gets resolved.

What a country, I guess now what they mean by the good old days, remember when we were kids we could chew on our dirt bikes with no politicians to protect us.

Posts: 82 | Location: Redondo Wa. | Registered: Wed August 23 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 34's mechanic
posted Hide Post
I wonder if Devol is allowed to work on suspension for the mini's, it could violate federal law you know. What say Ted?

Picture of B Sharkey
posted Hide Post
i spoke with a shop that carries cobra stuff last week and today and asked if i needed to stock up on parts but he said no and they are still selling parts/bikes. but the guy i spoke with said he had ben told by several ktm guys they pulled bikes and would not sell parts.im glad i kept all of my ktm stuff, one of my buddies might need it. aaron Big Grin

Posts: 1322 | Location: lake stevens | Registered: Thu October 06 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can you say Pissssed off. So this is what the democrates are all about. Saving us from ourselves. This is insanity. All motorcyce shops in the United States of America have been notified by all manufacturers to immediately stop selling 65 and under dirt bikes and quads.
This will kill our sport as we know it.
If you read this and don't contact your congressmen and senators immediately you are....
I won't say it. This is very serious people!

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ted:
Can you say Pissssed off. So this is what the democrates are all about. Saving us from ourselves. This is insanity.!

Ted for once would you get off of your Republican high horse!!! This is not a Democrat or Republican thing, it is bi-partison insanity. For what it's worth, the head person was appointed by Bush.

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MX516
posted Hide Post
I think Bush was a democrat wearing a republican suit... Smile

This is just wrong... I've emailed and am starting letters per Teds request. I want my little girls to be able to ride a crf50 (with training wheels) in a year or two...

Posts: 571 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: Sun May 11 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
anybody have the contacts of who to write about this? Also, why hasn't this gotten any media attention??

Posts: 46 | Location: bonney lake, wa | Registered: Sun February 11 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of B Sharkey
posted Hide Post
like roger said above ,one of my friends went to rmc today and said the same thing, no kids bikes

Posts: 1322 | Location: lake stevens | Registered: Thu October 06 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
I am not trying to minimize in any way the seriousness of this situation.

I am however here to call bullshit on Ted and another one of his knee jerk rants. This is yet another pile of doo doo that Dubya left us. Yes, Moore was appointed by Clinton. Why didn't Dubya the Rep clean him out???

These people are the CPSC. Read their bios please.

Nancy Nord

Thomas Hill Moore

Sign the petitions circulating the internet. My kid is counting on it. We have a KTM, and without parts, its probably only good for another week or two.

Aaron.

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We got told that we can't sell our bikes or parts until it gets figured out, KTM did say that they are going to help the dealers out as much as possible though..

www.webbpowersports.com

Posts: 126 | Location: cle elum | Registered: Wed December 21 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of B Sharkey
posted Hide Post
that sucks. i was planning on buying my son a 09 ktm 65 after this racing season is done

posted Hide Post
Go to this website - http://www.amadirectlink.com/l...tn/rapidresponse.asp

It already has the letter written for you.

Posts: 8 | Location: tukwilla | Registered: Tue June 13 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 34's mechanic
posted Hide Post
I just sent letter off and forwarded it to many in my address book, we need to stay on top of this, what's next I wonder!

Picture of 34's mechanic
posted Hide Post
So todays paper says that the state has fallen 63 million bucks short of the the projected tax revenue, we have spent a small fortune on this sport since he got into riding and racing (best spent $$) there has been alot go into the state revenue that would not have had this been in effect 4 yrs ago, but I guess the state doesn't need any revenue from new mini riders parents.

Picture of Vern#119
posted Hide Post
Also the number of Jobs lost. BBR corbra . this law does not just stop at minibikes.
bycycles tricycles battery powered toys.

Posts: 1497 | Location: Auburn | Registered: Sat August 21 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of B Sharkey
posted Hide Post
you can still buy cobras if thats what your looking for. they are still in full operation,both selling bikes, parts etc

Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
Is it true that you don't get a title with a Cobra?

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Justin Anderson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron:
I am not trying to minimize in any way the seriousness of this situation.

I am however here to call bullshit on Ted and another one of his knee jerk rants. This is yet another pile of doo doo that Dubya left us. Yes, Moore was appointed by Clinton. Why didn't Dubya the Rep clean him out???

These people are the CPSC. Read their bios please.

Nancy Nord

Thomas Hill Moore

Sign the petitions circulating the internet. My kid is counting on it. We have a KTM, and without parts, its probably only good for another week or two.

Aaron.

That is about the most piss poor excuse for an arguement Ive heard so far. What it comes down to, is it passed in a democratically controlled congress, therefore they will get the blame, thats the way it is.

It is a FACT and all you have to do is look at our own state, and nationally this recent "stimulus" the DEMOCRATS want to control you, they are the REAL fascists, so next time YOU cant do something you want to do, thank a democrat!

Posts: 403 | Location: Auburn, WA | Registered: Sat December 30 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post