E.W. Motocross Schools    Northwest Motocross Forum    Northwest Motocross Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion  Hop To Forums  **PIT**TALK**    Looking for fellow riders to meet.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for fellow riders to meet.
 Login/Join

Picture of race250r
posted
Hello all,
I am a new member to the NWMX scene. I quit racing ATV's in 2003 for school, moved out here in 2006, and just bought my first bike (a KX250F).
I know no one, and was looking to meet some people that would be willing to show me the ropes at one of the numerous (read: sarcasm) MX tracks or trail systems west of the Cascades. Also, I would really like to make a trip to Toe's sometime soon, as it seems to be a premiere facility (and only 2+ hours away).
I must admit, I was discouraged to find out that so many of the tracks have been shut down for various reasons. However, this forum has given me some hope.
I heard from the person I purchased my bike from that Monroe was starting up their motocross track (again) this year, any validity to that claim?
I welcome any advice or stewardship offered and want to extend my thanks for keeping this scene going in these remarkable tough times.

Thanks,
Chris

Posts: 70 | Location: W. Seattle, WA | Registered: Thu February 10 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
Chris,

We all hope (daily) that MXGP will be opening soon, but it sure looks more and more unlikely as every day passes.

As for Toes, any time you go there it's like a convention from this board. Just walk up and introduce yourself. I can't count the people I have met on this board. Eric has done a great service to the northwest moto scene with this forum.

As for Toes this weekend, there will be a few of us there Sunday if you are over there. Introduce yourself.

I'll be the guy with the killer looking Kawy with all the ugly CRF's. (and maybe an ugly Suzuki) Wink

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Mull
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron:
Chris,

We all hope (daily) that MXGP will be opening soon, but it sure looks more and more unlikely as every day passes.

As for Toes, any time you go there it's like a convention from this board. Just walk up and introduce yourself. I can't count the people I have met on this board. Eric has done a great service to the northwest moto scene with this forum.

As for Toes this weekend, there will be a few of us there Sunday if you are over there. Introduce yourself.

I'll be the guy with the killer looking Kawy with all the ugly CRF's. (and maybe an ugly Suzuki) Wink

You're riding over in the trailer now....so you can stare at all the ugly CRF's for 3 hours! Eek
If anything, maybe those CRF's will give that KXF a lesson on weight loss Wink

Chris, look us up!

Posts: 271 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 28 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
Hi Chris, welcome. I'm sorry you chose green for your new bike but we all make mistakes in life, I once dated a large pock marked girl but I digress.

This board is a wonderful place to hang out, most of us are pretty average even keeled folks, some are a bit more sketchy, and some are completely out in right field :-).

Monroe is done for the year, Toes is still going. Many of us will be racing the P.R.O. MX series.

As Aaron said, don't be shy about coming up and saying hello. Gifts of newfound friendship are always appropriate. If you see Eric Waunch a thank you for the board would be nice, for myself and Aaron might I suggest beer, for the 21 of Ken Workman an apology for the treatment of the native Americans would be good, if you happen to run across the 153 of Greg Crater a tip for getting holeshots, and if you see Ted Devol just give him your wallet. Again, welcome to our little patch of cyber paradise provided by Eric Waunch, enjoy, participate, have fun.

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KinserMoto438
posted Hide Post
Hey don't be so harsh on the guy for gettin a kawi... At least he didn't buy another quad!!! Although I would have bought a Honda if I was getting a 4 stroke.

Chris, you should have no problem meeting people in the NW moto scene, were like a huge family... Like they said, introduce yourself, make friends and you will find places to ride through the grapevine.

P.S. Toes is sick!!

*Let up for a second, and thats where you'll finish!*
-Klete #438

Posts: 114 | Location: Bothell, WA | Registered: Mon November 22 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of race250r
posted Hide Post
Thanks for poking fun...the Kawi seemed to call my name when I went and test rode it. Maybe it was because I have been out of the sport for so long. Anyways, about the quads, I realize some bikers don't get along with them (I've heard all the complaints), but at least when it was muddy you could send the quads out for first practice to clean up the track Smile I do miss racing them, even went to a couple of Nationals back in '03.

I plan on getting out to Toe's ASAP, looking like the first weekend in March before work/school will allow such a trip. I am also waiting on my old boots to get shipped to me from home in Iowa, should be here this week.

I look forward to meeting you folks, as I can tell it will be fun.

Thanks again,
Chris Osler

Posts: 70 | Location: W. Seattle, WA | Registered: Thu February 10 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Justin Hawkins
posted Hide Post

Posts: 354 | Location: Redmond | Registered: Fri January 18 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought Honda only made presure washers and snow blowers.

Posts: 452 | Location: Selah,WA. | Registered: Fri November 14 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Marnie
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Paul 061:
"I'm sorry you chose green for your new bike but we all make mistakes in life "

Hey now you liked riding my green bike..Smile

Posts: 240 | Location: Enumclaw | Registered: Tue January 23 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of race250r
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Justin Hawkins:
http://www.burntridgemx.com/
http://www.woodlandmx.com/
http://www.riverdaleraceway.com/
http://www.washougalmxpk.com/
http://www.mtnviewmx.com/
Here is a list of the best tracks to ride, Riverdale can be?

Thank you for the links. I will look into these tracks.

Chris

Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Rose SR.:
I thought Honda only made presure washers and snow blowers.

They make good generators also!

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Marnie:

I imagined it was yellow!

Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paul 061:
quote:
Originally posted by Marnie:

I imagined it was yellow!

I bet if you tried that "out of the corner double" on Marnies bike you would have walked out of Clark County that night! It's probably got better suspension than Suzi, and definitely more power! Big Grin

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KinserMoto438
posted Hide Post
It's all good Chris, It is actually unknown by many that I had a pretty gnarly quad racing career myself. But it does cause controversy with moto riders and there's plenty of quad only races now-a-days.

*Let up for a second, and thats where you'll finish!*
-Klete #438

Posts: 114 | Location: Bothell, WA | Registered: Mon November 22 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of race250r
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KinserMoto438:
It's all good Chris, It is actually unknown by many that I had a pretty gnarly quad racing career myself. But it does cause controversy with moto riders and there's plenty of quad only races now-a-days.

Kinser, always nice to hear from a quad guy...I had a lot of fun on them a few years back. Now I just need to get my "sea legs" on a bike. Looking to go to Toes in the beginning of March, interested?

Picture of E.W. #849
posted Hide Post
Rumor has it, Kinser went back to riding quads. Something about dirtbikes are too much for him?

Posts: 3404 | Location: Bothell, WA | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of race250r
posted Hide Post
Looks like I'm going to make it to Toe's on Sunday. Anybody going?

Picture of rad_mxer317
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by E.W. #849:
Rumor has it, Kinser went back to riding quads. Something about dirtbikes are too much for him?
He's probably flat tracking.Smile
Radsdad

Posts: 1034 | Location: TUMWATER | Registered: Tue November 25 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Even worse you could be me and still have a quad, if it weren't for my banshee I wouldn't have a crf450, I rode one at moses when I was there to ride my quad and was hooked. Best of both worlds I guess. I'll be at toes campin saturday, ridin sunday.

Posts: 53 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Mon September 20 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post