E.W. Motocross Schools    Northwest Motocross Forum    Northwest Motocross Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion  Hop To Forums  **PIT**TALK**    Vforce 3 w/ or without spacer on 05 YZ250
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vforce 3 w/ or without spacer on 05 YZ250
 Login/Join

Picture of Bearmore
posted
OK I know there has to be a few of you here that have found the best combination to run on an '05 (or equivelant) YZ250. The Vforce came with a spacer, then there is the stock spacer, and you can also have NO spacer what so ever. So what out of those 3 options is the best scenario to get the best performance?

Thanks in advance for any info anyone can give.

Posts: 445 | Location: Whidbey Island | Registered: Fri March 09 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the v3 doesn't do anything on the yz 250 i had one on my 06 the stock cage is the best setup. the v3 will just smooth out the power some. the idea is cause it is the same reed block as the rm 250 and it is kind of a universal part. if you think a rad valve is the way to go nope you just wasted cash again.

if you want more mid/top power you buy the pro circuit pipe
if you want same bottom end type of power as stock you get the dep pipe with more mid n top with smooth building power - considered the best pipe for the bike does what the pc pipe does but doesn't rob the bottom end power to do it.

you want alittle more bottom end vs stock with much more mid and a lil more top end buy the new dr d pipe.

fmf pipes cept for the gnarly mimic stock
scalvini pipe doesn't make more power then stock just looks pretty.

other best mods are eric gorr 295 kit , the esr 325 kit is getting good reviews maybe the new athena big bore kits. reed blocks are pretty much a waste of cash for this motor.

but the answer is with spacer smoother power like stock
without spacer more of a hit i run the stock reed block it is snappier then the v3 was.

Posts: 552 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: Sat December 06 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of blaze
posted Hide Post
you can go as big as a 345 kit in the YZ...would like to see a dyno of that one.

Posts: 188 | Location: Spokane | Registered: Sat December 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bearmore
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. I got a KILLER deal on the V-Force off Greedbay so the price was not an issue. I am working on getting the PC pipe & silencer for it as well.

I finally ran across an article where Jody Weisel was having Mitch Payton build "the ultimate yz250". They put the V-vorce 3 reeds on it and straight from the engineers at Moto Tassinari they recommended the stock spacer. Needless to say I had to tear the bike back apart to put it back in. Now I'll give it a go like that.

Posts: 445 | Location: Whidbey Island | Registered: Fri March 09 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The aluminum block spacer will help the bike have more of a bottom end power and smooth things out. If you take that block out, the power will hit really hard at mid and top.

As for the vforce3, it is good if you have a very modified motor and the reeds last longer. Do not take the plastic insert (aka; stopper) out of the Vforce cage. Leave it alone. If your motor is stock The Rad valve unit will have more noticeable improvement but my only complaint is that the yellow piece of the reed tends to chip off after 3 months. We run the FMF fatty with Shorty silencer. It is amazing what a shorty silencer can do to the power band.

Just our two cents.

Jerry

Posts: 15 | Location: Spokane | Registered: Tue March 23 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bearmore
posted Hide Post
I did leave it out originally so that I would get more top end being I rev my bike. But when i came across that article stating to leave the stock spacer in I did that.

It did in fact smooth things out. What didn't was the fact I've been working out the suspension errors after getting it back from the suspension shop.

After fighting the bike I clicked the rebound a couple of clicks for my second moto at PA on Sun. Did WONDERS!!!!

Not sure if I was faster or slower but I got the results I wanted. I did find myself switching up to the next gear instead of holding back being it transitioned really smoothly without any front end lift right before a jump and the power band held consitant.