E.W. Motocross Schools    Northwest Motocross Forum    Northwest Motocross Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion  Hop To Forums  **PIT**TALK**    199 Lives: The Travis Pastrana Movie
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

199 Lives: The Travis Pastrana Movie
 Login/Join

Picture of Levi
posted
On tonight on ESPN at 6:00 (9:00 Eastern time)
GREAT MOVIE
Everyone should watch it!

Posts: 178 | Location: washington | Registered: Wed January 23 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Osaka #627
posted Hide Post
thanks for the heads up!

can't wait to watch it, after seeing the trailer on youtube.

The Asian Sensation - Stirring Sh** Since '89.

Posts: 693 | Location: Milton, WA | Registered: Tue November 30 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
That was great. There are very few sport stars I would like to meet but Travis is one of them.

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rad_mxer317
posted Hide Post
Just watched it for the 2nd time in a week after levi let me borrow the dvd, still good

Posts: 1034 | Location: TUMWATER | Registered: Tue November 25 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MX516
posted Hide Post
We just watched that movie last week 2-3 times and I would have to agree with Paul on this... I'm not big into seeing stars either (Maybe RC Smile)but I would like to meet Travis if I could.

For those who missed it, I haven't seen it in any local Blockbusters yet but we ordered it online through them... It's pretty good and definitly not Nitro circus so your wives will like it too Wink...

Posts: 571 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: Sun May 11 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vetmx808
posted Hide Post
The boy has some serious demons to contend with. Those nightmares would even scare "Freddy!"

Posts: 582 | Location: Montana | Registered: Mon September 17 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Osaka #627
posted Hide Post
That movie gave me the chills.

Posts: 693 | Location: Milton, WA | Registered: Tue November 30 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
His dad sure is a bonehead. But I guess Travis wouldn't be Travis without some of his dad's "free spirit."

I don't know if this is what you are talking about Brett, but the movie kind of depressed me in one way, as it seems like he always has to live up to impressing his old man. In the end of the movie, dad says something like "Well, when he finally does kill himself, I sure will miss him." I just don't get that. I'm all for encouragement, but it seems different with papa Pastrana.

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Osaka #627
posted Hide Post
I just don't understand that dude (Travis or his Dad).

It wasn't his Dad that gave me chills exactly it was just the movie itself.

I mean this was the first movie I've ever seen that felt "real" so to say to me.

Everything in the movie I kinda felt like it applied to myself and a lot of these other moto families as well.

The injuries and stuff is what kinda got to me. It's really not the movie I need to be watching, kinda gave me second thoughts about racing. I mean c'mon over 25 concussions?

Picture of MX516
posted Hide Post
but travis is on a whole other level of risk/stupidity... plus you have a new shoei helmet! Big Grin

Posts: 571 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: Sun May 11 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Osaka #627
posted Hide Post
Yeah he uses Scientific methods to decide if It's 2 dangerous or not right? haha

And hey I'm not the only 1 with the new Shoei! Matt Mortenson had his today, and so does Shon Wilson, but get this. I guess Shon special ordered his helmet like 2 months ago. (We ride for the same shop, Enumclaw S.K.Y.) &&& I guess they sold me Shon's helmet he special ordered and the color he wanted haha. So he had to get the diff color! He wasn't 2 happy lol.

PS: I wish I would have recorded that movie, I wanna watch it again.

Picture of MX516
posted Hide Post
yeah, very scientific... risk vs reward vs fun vs more reward (or something like that)

Picture of Osaka #627
posted Hide Post
All I heard was Risk vs Money vs Fun vs Money again. haha

Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
"O"saka dude. Are you saying you whacked Shon Wilson's hat? from him at S.K.Y. That's bad (laughing-and-not) dude. Are you gonna go over and apologize to him maybe give it back MAYBE?

Missed the 199 movie tried w/#174 ESPN but got only sound 10 minutes of that was about all I could handle. Sad story for sure (for me) just glad he's doing as well as he is.

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you enjoyed the flick I recommend reading The Big Jump: The Tao of Travis Pastrana. My A D D usually starts hitting the rev limiter while reading anything longer than a magazine article, but I couldn't put this book down. It is a quick read that gives a lot more insight of Pastrana and his antics.

Posts: 13 | Location: Monroe | Registered: Tue May 20 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of daddio
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Osaka #627:

PS: I wish I would have recorded that movie, I wanna watch it again.

You can buy it............
http://www.evs-sports.com/store/?category_id=15&item_id=232

Posts: 231 | Location: kent,wa | Registered: Thu September 16 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post