E.W. Motocross Schools    Northwest Motocross Forum    Northwest Motocross Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion  Hop To Forums  **PIT**TALK**    Villapoto out for the outdoor season..
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Villapoto out for the outdoor season..
 Login/Join

Picture of B Sharkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Justin Anderson:
quote:
Originally posted by TRA-742:
Coca Cola wants to buy Monster Energy which is valued at 92 billion dollars and how much is the 20th place 250 lites rider purse?...

How much business does the 20th place rider in the lites class generate for Monster?? Not much...

Im sure people are knocking doors down to get a monster because they were in awe of the 20th place rider (Whoever it may be this week)... The top 5 (If even less) are the ones who generate the advertising revenue for the series... Therefore, they should be paid accordingly... Its a pretty simple equation...
not really justin. no one cares about some faggot golfer who make 1000xtmes what these guys do who you wouldnt even know. its not even about that. paul is more on target

Posts: 1322 | Location: lake stevens | Registered: Thu October 06 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Justin Anderson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paul 061:
Justin the issue is that if the bottom 15 guys can't afford/can't make enough money to justify the costs there would only be 5 guys racing. I'm not sure how many folks would come to see 5 guys racing.

Would never happen... And here is why...

Was Supercross/Motocross ever this big in the 70's/80's/90's??? No it wasnt... There wasnt near the amount of money in the sport back then as there is now, and while yes, the cost to participate is higher now, it isnt like there is some great lacking in talent out there. You can see the riders who give everything they have to be the best that they can, Nobody, starts making a million a year, they have to prove themselves worthy and work themselves up. The fact is, regardless how much money there is in the sport, there will always be full gates of riders who have the dream of being at the top, some will get there with LOTS of hard work, and most wont.

The problem is, you guys like to look at everything from a top down mentality, instead of from the bottom up. An individual is always going to be recogized for what they are, whether its sweeping a floor, or winning a supercross championship. This mamby-pamby "everybody has to start from the same level" BS is what is ruining this country, nobody has to actually be worth their weight anymore, because we can always tear down those who are better to pad our own seat.

Again... Its Pretty simple... If you dont like what 20th place pays... Dont get 20th place!
Why is that so hard for people to comprehend??

Posts: 403 | Location: Auburn, WA | Registered: Sat December 30 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B Sharkey:
quote:
Originally posted by Justin Anderson:
quote:
Originally posted by TRA-742:
Coca Cola wants to buy Monster Energy which is valued at 92 billion dollars and how much is the 20th place 250 lites rider purse?...

How much business does the 20th place rider in the lites class generate for Monster?? Not much...

Im sure people are knocking doors down to get a monster because they were in awe of the 20th place rider (Whoever it may be this week)... The top 5 (If even less) are the ones who generate the advertising revenue for the series... Therefore, they should be paid accordingly... Its a pretty simple equation...
not really justin. no one cares about some faggot golfer who make 1000xtmes what these guys do who you wouldnt even know. its not even about that. paul is more on target

Again, there will never be 5 guys racing supercross... There will always be a full gate... Because if anything, There is 15 other guys out there with the money that would LOVE to pay to be able to race an event like that, regardless of how fast they are...

Posts: 403 | Location: Auburn, WA | Registered: Sat December 30 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
All we are saying is there needs to be a cost of living adjustment.

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lol, so place a couple spots better... There is your cost of living increase...

Picture of McGinnis_339
posted Hide Post
Justin if it was easy to "just finish a couple spots better" wouldn't everyone on here be making millions from racing supercross? I'm sure its hard for the 6th-20th place guys to justify risking life and limb to hang it out further and go faster to just "finish a few spots better" and making next to nothing...

Posts: 99 | Location: Des Moines | Registered: Thu September 24 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
I think it's like any other sport. Some guys are just more gifted than others. No matte how much they practice or money they put into their bikes they are as good as they are going to get. Mc339 what about those of us that risk life and limb hanging it out and we PAY for the chance to do that Big Grin

The thing is, the majority of these guys if they didn't race a dirt would be working at Walmart.

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
Ya you do have a point. OK the Walmart thing was a bit over the top Smile

Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
I stopped reading about half way through this thread and had to write something at the point where people were talking about earning a living at MX...you-all got me wound up pretty good.

Fiat currency!

STOP! ...Thinking about making freak’n $money in motocross because it just won't happen. Making money in MX is an afterthought belonging to the ill informed and wishful. MX is about ... and I’m going Puget Sound Native speak here... (MX ti yahw’d, wulukwh, hikw-yayus and diished). MX is about Spirit, it’s about Strength, it’s about Hard-Work, and Family. It’s about k^wdalik "catching-something-through-skill-and-talent". MX’n is hard work and hard-work deserves to be recognized. Me...I’m ok with a large Subway "Toasted Jalapeno, Onion and Olive Steak & Cheese topped with Chipotle sauce sandwich" for my efforts, after I am after all I am just k.yauyus?stubsh (KW) and nothing more. Yayus=work, Stubsh=man.

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Workman #21:
I stopped reading about half way through this thread and had to write something at the point where people were talking about earning a living at MX...you-all got me wound up pretty good.

Fiat currency!

STOP! ...Thinking about making freak’n $money in motocross because it just won't happen. Making money in MX is an afterthought belonging to the ill informed and wishful. MX is about ... and I’m going Puget Sound Native speak here... (MX ti yahw’d, wulukwh, hikw-yayus and diished). MX is about Spirit, it’s about Strength, it’s about Hard-Work, and Family. It’s about k^wdalik "catching-something-through-skill-and-talent". MX’n is hard work and hard-work deserves to be recognized. Me...I’m ok with a large Subway "Toasted Jalapeno, Onion and Olive Steak & Cheese topped with Chipotle sauce sandwich" for my efforts, after I am after all I am just k.yauyus?stubsh (KW) and nothing more. Yayus=work, Stubsh=man.

Hope that wasnt sarcasm... Because THIS is exactly what Im saying!

Paul, People are as only gifted as they are, some have it easy and are born that way, others must work for it, and most of the time, they are recognized for that reason... Either way, Born with or Earned, That talent is worth something, and in this sport, it is compensated for. To sit here and say that some people should be compensated over and above what they are worth, and others compensated Less than they are worth, to make "some" people feel better is complete and utter garbage... And that goes for everything in life...

Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
Justin no one is saying that anyone should be compensated for what they are not worth. The point is that the payscale for Supercross needs to be increased across the board.The 20th place guy should make alot less than the 1st place guy. What that 20th place is worth is the discussion.

Picture of TRA-742
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paul 061:
Justin no one is saying that anyone should be compensated for what they are not worth. The point is that the payscale for Supercross needs to be increased across the board.The 20th place guy should make alot less than the 1st place guy. What that 20th place is worth is the discussion.

Yes that is exactly what I was thinking..

Posts: 677 | Location: KENNEWICK | Registered: Sat November 22 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To be narrow minded enough to think that these guys get paid what they worth is dumb as hell. Lets get real they are getting as little as the promoter can pay out and still have riders, plain and simple they don't run the series to lose money.

Narrow minded people are what kill progress...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Hutchracer,

Posts: 229 | Location: Auburn WA | Registered: Tue November 16 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hutchracer:
To be narrow minded enough to think that these guys get paid what they worth is dumb as hell. Lets get real they are getting as little as the promoter can pay out and still have riders, plain and simple they don't run the series to lose money.

Narrow minded people are what kill progress...

You just stated exactly what my point has been...

Riders are only worth the amount they are paid... Either A) You pay somebody too much, and your ticket sale revenue starts to hurt because you've raised prices too much for the populous to absorb for what they feel is worth the ticket price of a ticket to see a bunch of riders (read: the majority, your union "workers") race a race that nobody cares about, for 20th place...

Or B) you pay somebody too little, and they take up some other form of "employment", and You go out of business...

Fortunately, business is a marvel of efficiency and without some outside force, seems to find the happy medium... Brilliant.

Feld motorsports is above everything, a business, and the #1 goal (As much as some of you commies hate to hear it) of business, is to make a profit...And guess what, Profit is nothing but the cost of efficiency... The fact is, as much as I believe Feld motorsports (or whoever may be affiliated with the financial aspect for that matter) makes a decent amount of dollar on these races (Enough for me to not volunteer to help with a supercross), we simply arnt on the "in" enough to know how much of that is profit and whether or not they could "absorb" the increase in costs without raising prices on the consumer (YOU, and ME)...

Its simple economics... You should have paid attention in school...

Now, with that being said, thats assuming that the riders get most of what they take from a race, from the promoter... Which is rediculous... Even the bottom placed riders make more from their sponsorships than they do from the promoter, and its always going to be that way, union or not... Wait... I take that back, because if the "union" used such tactics on their sponsors, the sponsors would say "Bye-bye", because again... Your only worth what your worth to the guy whose paying you...

Now that weve covered that, lets get to this pesky "progress" arguement, because its such a staple of naive thinking, it must be addressed...

"Progress" (In socio-political economic terms as defined) is something invented by those (And those who's moral guilt is such to put them on the same level) who couldnt, cant, and will not be able to live up to what they feel they should be compensated for, and the result of such things is the union (The conglomeration of the weak, to take the un-earned) and much like a tyrannical government takes the un-earned by force, the union takes the un-earned by force... One at the point of a gun, the other at a lack of production... A lack of production does nobody any good, doesnt produce paychecks, and does absolutely nothing to further "progress"... In its most concrete of terms...

So... how about that narrow minded comment... care to elaborate???

Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
Are the bottom guys actually getting money from sponsors or just free product?

posted Hide Post
Doesn't matter Paul... Product costs money...

Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
Ya but product doesn't pay the bills.

posted Hide Post
Then its time to start thinking about another line of work, something a little more lucrative. Not everybody can make a living racing dirt bikes, we would all love to right? What makes those particular riders any more worthwhile than you or I?

posted Hide Post
WOW let me start by saying reading your political BS rants is like listening to a propaganda speech, time to step off the soap box

"Progress" in what I am refering to is defined as 1. a forward movement 2. a gradual betterment 3. to develop a more advanced stage

Just remember people are allowed to have a opinion that does not match yours. All I am saying is this sport will progress, and things will move forward but it would be nice if it was sooner rather than later

Posts: 229 | Location: Auburn WA | Registered: Tue November 16 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ill step off the soap box the day that people stop pushing this entitlement crap, and like half of everybody out there, if your brainwashed enough to liken the points I make to a propaganda speech, then your either too dense to comprehend the subject, or you have some skin in the game. Nobody is forcing you to read what I write, and nobody is forcing you to reply to it... You can make snide little comments all you want, but it does nothing, if you dont like what I say, prove me wrong, thats the way I roll...

As far as progress goes, I know the definition, hence the response above, if you read a little deeper, you just might find the connection...

And for somebody that wants to pull the opinion card, you sure are coming down hard on an opinion, no? I welcome all opinions, I love the exchange of ideas, I find it satisfying to dissect arguments and set them straight, and I dont hold back, I have no reason to, I am confident in my own rationale to let the "sh*t" fly, and see where it ends up...

If you dont like it, too damn bad.