E.W. Motocross Schools    Northwest Motocross Forum    Northwest Motocross Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion  Hop To Forums  **PIT**TALK**    Villapoto out for the outdoor season..
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Villapoto out for the outdoor season..
 Login/Join

Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
Justin your Economics thinking is exactly why this country is in the tank. Business will pay the very minimum they have to and there will always be someone who will take it, hence the reason we have manufacturing in the 3rd world countries. There will always be someone hungry enough to do the work for damn near nothing (I don't want to get into an econ fight just making a point) In this case, it's about the betterment of the sport and keeping it alive while providing entertainment for the customers. As with cheap labor, there will always be people who will pay money to go see an event and the promoters will always make money. Is it good for the sport though to have the top 10 guys lapping the bottom 10 guys 4 times a race because everyone but the bottom guys will be local pros who would pay anything to say they rode in a Supercross regardless of their qualifications. I understand that they made a choice in careers but the betterment of the sports needs competitive racing and the ability for the lower level guys to make a decent living. I'm talking about the top 20, not the guys who don't qualify. Every sport has a minimum salary, every state has a minimum wage. This discussion is about increasing the minimum wage for Supercross.

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of McGinnis_339
posted Hide Post
Oh jesus Paul you're in for it now!

Posts: 99 | Location: Des Moines | Registered: Thu September 24 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
No it's just Paul, Jesus Paul is a bit presumptuous Smile

Actually as much as it pains me, pretty much everything justin says is correct, misguided and short sighted but correct.

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Justin Anderson
posted Hide Post
Paul, if your going to make a point on economics, you know your not going to get away without a response Big Grin...

Paul, your a sincere guy, but if you honestly believe that our current economic problems are caused by what I stand for and consistantly push, you are seriously doing yourself an injustice. Our current issues (which can be traced right back to the turn of the 19th century, not as bad early on, but weve been selling ourselves out ever since) are perfect examples of the points I have made in this thread. Money is nothing but the monetary representation of work, and work can be defined in many ways, the only constant is what is produced in the process, and the effect supply and demand have on the product. Our current situation, at its core, was caused by the idea that something can be had for very little or no work (ie: Production)... This comes right down to wall street, the banks as a whole, property investors, homeowners, and anybody who thought that easy money can be made with no consequences... This proves my point exactly... You must produce something to be paid for it... You dont get something for nothing. Yes you can take advantage of situations, and there is a lot of people who do, but fortunately, contracts and agreements are recognized by at least two parties... Dont agree to something you dont think is unfair... But I digress...

You say that there will always be somebody who does something for cheaper, which on its face is true, but the problem is easily solved by cornering your market (Just what unions do on a larger scale). Remember, everything must obey the laws of supply and demand, so if there is heavy demand for your product, and there isnt many that can produce it, you can just about name your price, but the idea is to maintain demand so you can maintain constant production, which results in keeping prices low. Third world nations also have to obey the laws of supply and demand (Its one of those rules of the free market that spans borders and is self enforcing Big Grin), And they can build stuff for cheap. To put it simply, citizens of such nations dont demand the standard of living that even the poorest of the poor here do. Now fortunately for this nation, is that those same citizens also dont have the same skills that we do, and that liberty has made possible in this country, at least for those of us that made the choice to do somethihng productive. For those who didnt, well have fun competing with a guy in china who does your job for a fraction of what you make... Does the fact that you live in the USA entitle you to make more??? If you say yes, by whose rules...You have to be better at something to make more than somebody else...

Now lets apply this to the subject...

Why is it that you feel that these riders deserve any more than what the laws of supply and demand dictate??? Again, as said above, to make money riding dirt bikes would be an awesome job, but is it economically feasable?? Thats something both of us dont have the answer for. Your solution is to "stick it to the man" which almost always results in higher prices to the consumer (As long as the demand is there to absorb it, if not then you have the current union situation, where most workers are in the hall not making a dime), if price increases arent an option, than profit margins drop and the incentive disappears to hold the event in the first place... That means no production, and nobody makes any money... Why is that a good thing??

One thing id like to mention, since we are all about collective bargaining around here... Why dont the riders who cant finish worth a damn, get together with the ones who can, and beg them to split what they make on the races... My guess, is they wouldnt be too open to that... Why? Because they earned it... Just like the promoters earned their take...

Envy is a terrible thing to let consume you and to be envious of somebody who makes/has money and demand that they pay for things that arent their responsibilty to pay for, or you are going to use force against them, is, if anything, the most moral bankrupt action a human can take...

Posts: 403 | Location: Auburn, WA | Registered: Sat December 30 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kimball #126
posted Hide Post
How come there are no Professional riders on here complaining about not making enough money at the races? Why, because they understand it's a Passion...If u end up getting monies for it then cool..if not, then hell, u still got to go racing...

Posts: 1187 | Location: Spokane | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRA-742
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kimball #126:
How come there are no Professional riders on here complaining about not making enough money at the races? Why, because they understand it's a Passion...If u end up getting monies for it then cool..if not, then hell, u still got to go racing...

Abrigo 402 Posted Mon April 30 2012 02:22 PM

Got my $230 from racing the SX Lites at Seattle... what a bunch of bs the payout is at SX. We don't race SX to make a bunch of money but when race gas is $100, entry fees are $200, that's ridiculous to race SX for basicallyfree...

Posts: 114 | Location: Sultan,WA | Registered: Tue November 18 2003

I'm pretty sure this pro has made a few mains..

Posts: 677 | Location: KENNEWICK | Registered: Sat November 22 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of B Anderson
posted Hide Post
Wow this topic really changed from RV1 being out for the rest of the season!

I'm gonna try and sum things up (although I have a feeling it won't be the last word).

All this reminds me of some things I had to explain to Justin when I moved him up to a CR60 (yes I've always been brand partial and I'll admit the KX60 was a superior machine in those days) I said to him " OK Justin this is not T-ball and you're not in the 50cc class anymore. Not everybody gets a trophy. Now you have to go fast to get one, and only the top 1/3 will get one. But if you go out there and win, you take home the BIGGEST ONE"

Such is life and it shouldn't be any other way.

"If life is the face of a rutted jump, will you pick the line that drags your footpegs?"

Posts: 294 | Location: Buckley | Registered: Fri December 29 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
Instead of cheap plastic trophies, we are saying they should be marble and metal again. Smile

Picture of TRA-742
posted Hide Post
At the press conference after the MEC race RV told the media you can keep the trophy he could careless about it just wants the cash!

Posts: 677 | Location: KENNEWICK | Registered: Sat November 22 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No way br0, gotta divide that stuff up equally... We should all get a cut...Because we all rode...Ya know???

Posts: 403 | Location: Auburn, WA | Registered: Sat December 30 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kimball #126
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TRA-742:
quote:
Originally posted by Kimball #126:

Abrigo 402 Posted Mon April 30 2012 02:22 PM

Got my $230 from racing the SX Lites at Seattle... what a bunch of bs the payout is at SX. We don't race SX to make a bunch of money but when race gas is $100, entry fees are $200, that's ridiculous to race SX for basicallyfree...

Posts: 114 | Location: Sultan,WA | Registered: Tue November 18 2003

I'm pretty sure this pro has made a few mains..

Abrigo isn't new to the game..He knows the payout for SX is weak..tha's why so many riders try to get some kind of financial help just to actually go the races. why do u think so many local Pro's stay close to home and race locally..They make more cash racing around here and the travel expenses are less.

Posts: 1187 | Location: Spokane | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
I learned a new word today - "tobeshadah" means Warrior in Native lingo. If yer at pro-sx level then I consider you tobeshadah, you make it to a SX main and you get hik^w affixed to that for hik^w-tobeshadah. Great-Warrior classification. You put a bit-o mustard and mayo and beef twixt a couple pieces of bread (w/hot sauce) and well your - hik^w-hik^w-k'loff - big-big-cool. Love the conversation/thread.

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B Anderson:
Wow this topic really changed from RV1 being out for the rest of the season!

I'm gonna try and sum things up (although I have a feeling it won't be the last word).

All this reminds me of some things I had to explain to Justin when I moved him up to a CR60 (yes I've always been brand partial and I'll admit the KX60 was a superior machine in those days) I said to him " OK Justin this is not T-ball and you're not in the 50cc class anymore. Not everybody gets a trophy. Now you have to go fast to get one, and only the top 1/3 will get one. But if you go out there and win, you take home the BIGGEST ONE"

Such is life and it shouldn't be any other way.

Did he argue with you? Wink

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Its possible................