New
Find
Notify
Tools

Having a blast at Belfair
 Login/Join

Picture of race250r
posted
I am sure I am not the only one on this forum to have ridden the trails up here, but I went out to Belfair for the first time last weekend and had a blast. The place is packed with whooped-out jeep trails with ruts, rocks and holes all over. Also rode some single track that varied from the width of a single tire to quad-sized width. Best part is that I was able to put 4.1 hours on the meter with out paying a practice fee and spent the time riding with good company.

I luckily was riding with a friend with a GPS, and would have had a hard time getting back to camp with out it.

Anyways, I wanted to get others' take on Belfair or other public riding areas.

Posts: 70 | Location: W. Seattle, WA | Registered: Thu February 10 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Court321
posted Hide Post
belfair is a blast! I pretty much grew up riding out there! I like that the trails can really vary from Beginner to Advanced riders. Not to mention you can make some killer loops out there jumping from one trail to another. Just watch out for DNR. They will pop you for tabs and no spark arrestor before you know it! I bet it was a dust bowl out there though! It's about perfect out there after a couple short showers!

Posts: 23 | Location: Tacoma | Registered: Thu November 19 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope you have your discover pass ! belfair is better when it's wet!

Posts: 552 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: Sat December 06 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of race250r
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joe439:
I hope you have your discover pass ! belfair is better when it's wet!

My bike fully registered and spark arrested...? Also, I just printed a one-day pay online in lieu of the Discover Pass. I should probably just buy one but oh well...

Would it be a good idea to go out on Labor Day? Or will it be packed?

Posts: 70 | Location: W. Seattle, WA | Registered: Thu February 10 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That place is always packed on a weekend especially after 10 am when most of the quad tards start showing up. Watch out for on coming riders head on collisions happen a lot out there.

Posts: 552 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: Sat December 06 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post