Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Matt Larson R.I.P
 Login/Join

posted
Matt had a tragic accident yesterday at his practice track and lost his life.for those of us who new him he has raced for several years and will truly be missed.he was a great friend,father, and motocrosser.for those of you who did not know him he was also the other part of team one hander, since he only had two fingers on his left hand.he helped me get through the loss of my fingers by always being there to help me he was also the person who got me into racing moto so if it was not for my friend Matt Larson there would be no toes mx park for I would not have ever been able to do any of this if it were not fot my friend.Matt you will truly be missed. I LOVE YOU MAN and thank you for being in my life.

Posts: 440 | Location: Royal city | Registered: Fri January 18 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry to hear of this Steve. R.I.P Matt.

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
God speed matt, my family is truly saddened by this horrible loss. we will miss you.

Posts: 220 | Location: ellensburg wa | Registered: Tue May 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Parker
posted Hide Post

Posts: 255 | Location: Mattawa, WA, USA | Registered: Sun November 16 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Terrible news...sorry. I also grew up racing with and around Matt. One of those special guys who didn't let a problem stop his love for riding. I always remember seeing his glove flapping as he railed by!

Posts: 157 | Location: kent, wa, usa | Registered: Tue January 13 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did not know him, but I do know his family and friends need alot of prayers. So I will be praying and I chalange everyone else that reads this to do the same.

Posts: 452 | Location: Selah,WA. | Registered: Fri November 14 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of E.W. #849
posted Hide Post
Matt was one of the oldschool riders at Horn. A great guy always with a smile on his face.
He will be greatly missed!

Posts: 3404 | Location: Bothell, WA | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I met Matt a couple summers ago riding with Parker at Matts track he was a great guy and always had a smile and a Keystone light to give ya after riding. He will be missed for sure by all that knew him.

Posts: 126 | Location: cle elum | Registered: Wed December 21 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mx510
posted Hide Post
I never got the opportunity to meet this gentlemen, but he sounds like a class act. I know that his friends and family will sorely miss him and my prayers are with all them! It is always hard to even hear about a fallen brother even if you did not know him, motocross has a way of bringing people together and I wish the family the best in these very difficult times.

Posts: 435 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Fri August 01 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the services for Matt will be at 4 p.m. Thursday March 12 at the Nazerene church in Royal City.

Posts: 440 | Location: Royal city | Registered: Fri January 18 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FCR Suspension Northwest
posted Hide Post
I looked up to Matt alot because he was a really good friend. When ever I had a question or wanted to talk to him I could just call him or go up to his house and talk to him. Im going to miss riding with him up at his track and him helping me out with my riding because he always found a way for me to improve. Im also going to miss hanging out with him and his family at the races at horn and washougal and him always telling me to relax when im on the line. So Matt I love u dude and thank you for every thing that u have done for me and I just wish u didnt go because I wasnt ready for u to go yet because u were like a father to me.

Posts: 51 | Location: fcrsuspensionnorthwest@hotmail.com | Registered: Wed November 22 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Levi
posted Hide Post
RIP Matt
never knew him but he looked like a bro

Posts: 178 | Location: washington | Registered: Wed January 23 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Matty from the time you & Jonny were stealing the last beer from my cooler during my motos to the times we solved the worlds problems at 2am at the track around the campfire. 20 some yrs later racing just lost something real important that is you. Anyone who has had the chance to know you the same way I have, knows what I mean.To family and freinds may time heal and eventually let us smile of our memories of you.YOU always made me laugh & #382 always in our hearts.

Steve Mitchell

Posts: 1 | Location: Central Washington | Registered: Tue March 10 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't forget the old days of #380 and #213 his numbers may have changed over the years but his personality and smile never did.

Picture of Parker
posted Hide Post
I’m still in shock. That old picture I took really sums up Matt Larson. Miserable day at Washougal in ‘96, cold, bike is trashed, gear is soaking wet, mud in everything, so slick you can hardly stand up and he’s flashing a big smile and a peace sign. Always optimistic no matter the circumstances.

Matt was the big brother I never had. In the mid 80s the few page Royal City newspaper used to regularly report on all the local guys racing Motocross. I was a kid who thought anyone with a CR and real Motocross boots was Ricky Johnson. At the Albany Pac West in 1995 I was a teenage punk who won my 250 Junior qualifier, I got back to the truck and my dad said, “Hey they announced that guy who won the other qualifier as Matt Larson from Othello, I wonder if that’s the same guy from Royal we used to read about in the paper?” It was and I became a little sidekick immediately.

His love for his family, riding and for the many friends he had is indescribable. He always found a way after work to water and have his track ready for his buddies to come over, anyone who showed up always had to stay for dinner, there was always a way to fit another bike in his van if someone needed a ride to the races, your starting gate was always swept or packed, you were never hunger, thirsty or without a laugh or a good song on the stereo when you hung out with Matt Larson. He was the guy that took me out on my 21st birthday, the best mechanic I ever had at the few Nationals I did. Always an open door to come over and watch a race or the Superbowl. Whether we were playing basketball or pounding laps in the deep sand of Mabton you never once realized or heard Matt bring up the fact that he was doing it all with just a thumb and an pinky on his left hand. An amazing guy and an example of how we should be to eachother.

Matt's riding/golf Bachelor Party day last November:

Posts: 255 | Location: Mattawa, WA, USA | Registered: Sun November 16 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe that a man's success is not judged by the school he attended, the degree's he has, his job title or how much money he has, but how he touches the lives of others. After reading all your comments and stories, I would say Matt was a great and wonderful Man. May all who knew him, remember he is just a thought away.

Posts: 8 | Location: tukwilla | Registered: Tue June 13 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RAZZ 995
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear about Matt. What a great guy. Had the pleasure of knowing him just a little, and he was definetly a class act. Always had a smile, and made you feel like you were best buds, even if you didn't know him that well. He will truly be missed. This a sad year so far for Northwest Moto. Like I did for David Rose I am offering up Memorial stickers for freinds and family and whomever may want to show support. Free of charge. Will post a pic of the final design soon.

Posts: 86 | Location: yakatak | Registered: Thu August 05 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kimball #126
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Team709:
I believe that a man's success is not judged by the school he attended, the degree's he has, his job title or how much money he has, but how he touches the lives of others. After reading all your comments and stories, I would say Matt was a great and wonderful Man. May all who knew him, remember he is just a thought away.

This is so true. I didn't know him, but can see he made positive impacts in the lives of others. Our prayers and thoughts go out to his family and friends. I hope this year doesn't end up like 2008...

Posts: 1187 | Location: Spokane | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why is it the best ones are lost? Maybe they make the best angeles I don't know. God Bless Matts family and friends.

Can anyone explain what happened?

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post