New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pacific Raceways update
 Login/Join

Picture of Rays Dad
posted
You have written to me in the past regarding Pacific Raceways. I am writing with an update on this issue.

While the official agenda has not yet been released, the Council Chair has advised that the ordinance regarding Pacific Raceways is scheduled to be on the agenda for action at the Council's meeting on Monday, March 5. Public comment will be taken on this ordinance at this meeting.

You can check upcoming agendas here. They are generally posted by Friday of the week prior to the Council meeting.

The sponsor of the ordinance has issued a proposed amendment to the ordinance which is posted here for public review. Your feedback is very helpful, and I will keep your thoughts in mind as the Council continues deliberations on this issue.

Again, thank you for contacting me. Please feel free to contact me in the future at (206) 296-1001 or bob.ferguson@kingcounty.gov. You can also find me on Facebook.

Bob

Bob Ferguson
King County Councilmember
Metropolitan King County Council, District 1
516 3rd Avenue, Room 1200
Seattle, WA 98104
ph: (206) 296-1001 | fx: (206) 296-0198

Posts: 582 | Location: Tacoma | Registered: Tue June 20 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of race250r
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update on that.

I am half-tempted to drive down and listen, or have my comments heard. Can I do that if I am not a Kent resident?

I would kill for another track near Seattle.

Chris

Posts: 70 | Location: W. Seattle, WA | Registered: Thu February 10 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rays Dad
posted Hide Post
From what I understand Pete Von Reibauer is sponsoring the Pacific Race expansion plan. He has a forum started on his website.
http://kcdistrict7.blogspot.co...acific-raceways.html

Posts: 582 | Location: Tacoma | Registered: Tue June 20 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rays Dad
posted Hide Post
Pacific Raceways is asking for people to write to the King County Counsel.

http://pacificraceways.com/RacewayFuture.aspx

Picture of race250r
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rays Dad:
Pacific Raceways is asking for people to write to the King County Counsel.

http://pacificraceways.com/RacewayFuture.aspx

Wow, judging by the responses from the track's neighbors I can see why they want people to write.

Some good points brought up by all.

Posts: 70 | Location: W. Seattle, WA | Registered: Thu February 10 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of McGinnis_339
posted Hide Post
Just heard some pretty big news about a new track going in... Smail, Crater can you guys confirm?

Posts: 99 | Location: Des Moines | Registered: Thu September 24 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mx510
posted Hide Post
Its going to be cool. That is all I will say. Smile

Posts: 435 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Fri August 01 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of McGinnis_339
posted Hide Post
510 I've been hearing rumors for months and can only hope what I've been hearing actually happens! Could do great things for NW motocross

Posts: 99 | Location: Des Moines | Registered: Thu September 24 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Moonman
posted Hide Post
Word is spreading! Smile

Posts: 101 | Location: NORTH BEND | Registered: Wed June 02 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mx510
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mx510:
Its going to be cool. That is all I will say. Smile

Again I will say, you will be stoked. The place is in good hands. I am not going to say who what when where and why though. It will be good.

Posts: 435 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Fri August 01 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
I saw the breaking news on Facebook!

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRA-742
posted Hide Post
A guy parked next to me at the hillclimb told me he was building a facility towards the west side like maybe just this side of the mountains..full blown national track, with a bunch of other tracks..his dads property which is his now..he was like 50..maybe 320 acres? I was busy wrenchin for a freind so I don't remember all the details. I asked about the neighbors he said there along ways away from the facility and he made some property line adjustments and agreements so its all done deal with locked down nobody can stop it. I asked about sound he said he wasn't concerned.

Posts: 677 | Location: KENNEWICK | Registered: Sat November 22 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRA-742
posted Hide Post
he also said there pushing dirt now gettin ready. The tracks would be pro designed but Barnett wouldn't get back to him so he had calls out to Reeds crew..he definetly was lookin for a pro track designer and builder. This guy seemed legit! I think his last name was Barnett to but no relation to the bomber

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TRA-742,

Posts: 677 | Location: KENNEWICK | Registered: Sat November 22 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mx510
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TRA-742:
he also said there pushing dirt now gettin ready. The tracks would be pro designed but Barnett wouldn't get back to him so he had calls out to Reeds crew..he definetly was lookin for a pro track designer and builder. This guy seemed legit! I think his last name was Barnett to but no relation to the bomber

Do you have any idea where this will be other than this side of the mountains?

Picture of TRA-742
posted Hide Post
No I don't remember the most important part! I told him about ew site if he wants word out he never heard of it and didn't take note of it. He said primo soil with zero rocks in it. I know somebody on here has talked to this guy very freindly out spreading the word new crew F150 dog ridin shotgun. Wants to build it national caliber tracks open to public with private membership days. Already owned all the excavation equipment. If you know that Alex kid who goes big long distance jumper at toes on KX450 he might know because him an his dad were talkin to him while they were waiting for there hillclimb runs

posted Hide Post
It is in naches, nice flowing hillside. He hired me to design and build it, was suppose to start today, but he cancelled me last night, not sure why

Posts: 83 | Location: brush prarie | Registered: Sat March 05 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think i can make a prediction about the naches track though. It was probably marc peters that would not return his phone calls, so he hired ne, i took a week off work and in the mean time marc peters musta called him back. He left me a message somthing came up and not to show up. As far as peters goes, if he builds it, it will be a great track, just dont think the property owner understands what he put me through. Its all good though, ted wore me out last weekend anyway

Posts: 83 | Location: brush prarie | Registered: Sat March 05 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRA-742
posted Hide Post
Yep that's it Naches

Picture of spin05
posted Hide Post
Naches is not the westside....But good news no matter where they put it

#329 40+ class

Posts: 808 | Location: camano is,wa | Registered: Sun September 03 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRA-742
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spin05:
Naches is not the westside....But good news no matter where they put it

Anything past Yakima from Tri-Cities is westside to me-