New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pacific Raceways update
 Login/Join

Picture of Chaz#822
posted Hide Post
Super pumped! I'm off work this week so if you need a volunteer operator I'm willing to give some time for the cause.

Posts: 61 | Location: Bellevue | Registered: Mon November 29 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of E.W. #849
posted Hide Post
Hey lance, You should email or text some pics to me. I could put them on the site. This way people could see how things are going. This might also keep people away from you guys doing work.

Posts: 3404 | Location: Bothell, WA | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ted:
Ken. You've been off the radar for quite some time. You have a standing request to call me.
How bout lunch.
..As seems typical these days I'm-a-bit-late-in-responding. Hik^w-yayus (much-work) going on on my end but gotta tell ya, Erics site-n-friends are my base. I zero-in-on it to re-establish my roots. I need MX and you guys. Ted, that lunch thing is like a Siren-Call in my head and I'm in for sure. Been a long time. I can hardly wait to introduce you to the indigenous world - where Protocal is enforced (grins).

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr. Workman Call the shop. I really want to talk to you. It involves Cheyenne country.
Really!

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pacific update. It took us a bit to get through some lingering grading permit items but all is taken care of. We had to build a new berm and tire wall for the road course as the previous one was removed when the track was leveled for the parking lot. The new mound is much closer to the track than before but makes the road course more safe especially for street bikes.

Three water tanks have been placed making two jumps. Two walk through tunnels are in and looking good. We are getting two more today for storage and another for sign up, all courtesy of Tom Vires.

I should have the track layout completed today, I am raising the surface up and doing my best to make some elevation with what is out there. Starting to get fun. After compacting the underlayment we are bringing in soil thursday from the onsite pit. If the soil checks out then we will keep it coming.

That's it for now. Braaaaappppp!!

Lance

Posts: 157 | Location: kent, wa, usa | Registered: Tue January 13 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 153
posted Hide Post
Smail you have 153 posts. Must be a sign. haha

Posts: 452 | Location: Renton, WA. USA | Registered: Fri December 19 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chaz#822
posted Hide Post
Lance if you have time, the dirt slash moto dream dirt we have on our job site is worth a look. It reminds me of mxgp soil, silty sand w/o a single rock! But not so sandy that it won't pack. Big Grin Braaaap!

Posts: 61 | Location: Bellevue | Registered: Mon November 29 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any update on when you may open?

Posts: 145 | Location: Puyallup, WA | Registered: Tue March 29 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey everyone. Pacific is looking good for an August 8th(wed)invite ride day and August 10th(fri)opening day practice. I really wanted to get it done earlier but waiting until its dialed is better. The main slowdown is making good screened dirt and enough of it to layer the track thick. Also, since it is approaching NHRA national time the focus is on the pavement side and to open early for one or two practices, on an unfinished track, then have to shut down for a week is a waste.

The layout is complete as I just put in the seven pack before the finish tabletop and it is challenging. For now there is only one big jump and it is easy and safe. It will grow over time. That's the thing where many changes will happen as we get up and running. Add a jump here, take one out there, move berms, make rough sections etc. Always evolving and eventually having a great RACE track not just a practice track.

Anyway we should have flyers out soon and there will be some at sign up during Washougal amateur days.

Smail

Posts: 157 | Location: kent, wa, usa | Registered: Tue January 13 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Court321
posted Hide Post
That sounds great! I'm happy to have an old track back in washington! Very excited to have a place close to home to get a few midweek laps in! Thanks smail for the update and all your work!

Posts: 23 | Location: Tacoma | Registered: Thu November 19 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Justin Anderson
posted Hide Post
Im 5 minutes away, and I will be there A LOT...

Posts: 403 | Location: Auburn, WA | Registered: Sat December 30 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chaz#822
posted Hide Post
Who gets an invite for the 8th? Big Grin

posted Hide Post
Can't wait for it to open Lance. Hope to see you out there soon Karis been wanting to ride with your boy

Posts: 229 | Location: Auburn WA | Registered: Tue November 16 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great news! Gotta love a new home track! We are looking forward to seeing the new facility.

Posts: 145 | Location: Puyallup, WA | Registered: Tue March 29 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's Time!

http://www.pacificraceways.com...ening_in_August.aspx

Check out Pacific Raceways Site.

Posts: 2 | Location: Everett, Wa. | Registered: Thu September 02 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chaz#822
posted Hide Post
Why such a limited schedule? No saturday's? Will there be more days as time goes on?

Picture of Chaz#822
posted Hide Post
Not much feed back on here. Confused

Picture of Moonman
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't except much on Washougal week!

Posts: 101 | Location: NORTH BEND | Registered: Wed June 02 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
I hope to be there Wed after work. Makes for a good excuse to leave early

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chaz#822
posted Hide Post
I guess I'll have to wait till friday.