Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Motocross Opposition
 Login/Join

posted
Every time we turn around it seems we hear of a track that's been closed, is under fire or can't be opened due to opposition. I am a board member of the Washington Off-Highway Vehicle Alliance (WOHVA) and would like to encourage everyone to use WOHVA if your track or favorite riding area is under fire. Check us out at www.WOHVA.org or feel free to contact me directly.

Kevin McGrath
(253)736-4351

Posts: 7 | Location: Auburn WA | Registered: Mon May 12 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In washington, aside from grading issues, the biggest single issue i see is noise! You would think that the factorys and aftermarket exhaust manufactures would be doing more to get these bikes quiet. Bikes need to get under 90 db

Posts: 83 | Location: brush prarie | Registered: Sat March 05 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mx510
posted Hide Post
The manufacturers are coming around and at least appearing to try and quiet the bikes down a little. I believe the products are out there to quiet our stuff down, its up to us to choose the stuff that is quieter to keep our tracks alive. If we start making better choices as consumers the exhaust manufacturers will take notice. A big problem I see is that some riders, ride with their ears (meaning loud is fast) rather than what the bike is actually doing. Be smart consumers. brap, rather than BRAP.

Posts: 435 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Fri August 01 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow typical responce I see for the MX crowd : Grading issues: Well you need to be involved with land management issues the state is quickly changing it's land management laws to protect us from ourselves. So now gradding is considered an enviromental impact with in snohomish county, so your dream of opening a track is now GONE. We have lost so many places in the last decade now do I have to remind you guys seriously! Places closed in snoho county alone Reiters , P5000 , the small spot in Machis mxgp 116th but that was a lost cause anyways.

Noise heh! that's another issue sick in tired of the hear no evil see no evil BS from track owners to afraid to tell dbag who is to loud to go home. I finally saw that happen once for the first time in this state out at cadillac when they was doing sound testing.

Other riders at the track who's buddy is to loud and NEVER say ANYTHING! and then continue to allow it untill pos bike is sold.

We OUR are own worst enemies.

Posts: 552 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: Sat December 06 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rays Dad
posted Hide Post
This would be a great topic for the Tone Show!

Posts: 582 | Location: Tacoma | Registered: Tue June 20 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bearmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mx510:
... I believe the products are out there to quiet our stuff down, its up to us to choose the stuff that is quieter to keep our tracks alive.

I think bikes should be OEM quiet. After leaving the showroom 10K down for just the bike it should have all that stuff already on it. Especially if factories want to sport to survive the noise dilema.

Most of us use our hard earned $$$ to race/ride and after buying the bike it's hard enough to even put grips on it after the first crash. Dishing out another K to "quiet it down" is crazy.

Posts: 445 | Location: Whidbey Island | Registered: Fri March 09 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post