E.W. Motocross Schools    Northwest Motocross Forum    Northwest Motocross Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion  Hop To Forums  **PIT**TALK**    Rory Sullivans RMZ Dirt Rider Test
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rory Sullivans RMZ Dirt Rider Test
 Login/Join

Picture of E.W. #849
posted
OUCH!!!

(taken from the test)

So, what went wrong with this machine that kept it from making the top six and
taking the overall Torture Test honors? In a nutshell, the suspension wasn't what we
were looking for in the all-around bike. I'm by not means suggestion that TBT does a
poor job, but this machine's forks just weren't dialed in to the overall package. In
both trail and moto scenarios, we felt that the RM-Z's forks were soft and lacking
in hold-up, which gave the bike a stinkbug feel. Consequently, this would cause the
machine to dive in chop and resist lying over into turns. Some of our lighter
testers couldn't get the bike to settle down, while our heavier riders felt a wallow
deep in the stroke. This feeling was compounded by the fact that the bike held an
overall top-heavy stance; this could be the product of so many bolt-ons being added
to the machine.

http://www.dirtrider.com/revie...ki_rmz450/index.html

Posts: 3404 | Location: Bothell, WA | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
Dang I wish I could have THAT RMZ but with my EVO suspension.

I didn't tally the whole cost, but there was quite a bit of change dumped into that thing.

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree. and the Key word here is "dumped".

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've spent alot of weekends at the races with Rory.Rory is a good guy.

Posts: 452 | Location: Selah,WA. | Registered: Fri November 14 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 716
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paul 061:
Dang I wish I could have THAT RMZ but with my EVO suspension.

I didn't tally the whole cost, but there was quite a bit of change dumped into that thing.

Yeah, it's too bad. We could've just given em your bike to use. They would've been happy with the suspension and you would've got a bunch of bling!!!

Posts: 202 | Location: Cle Elum, WA USA | Registered: Tue November 25 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
EVO makes the bikes ride anywhere. I have suspention set up for a 300 pounder on one of my 450's that i can ride anywhere, i don't weigh 300 either, my national suspention on the other 450 is the same GREAT. thanks Dan your EVO is awesome.

Posts: 440 | Location: Royal city | Registered: Fri January 18 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WHOA - long time since I've seen Rory's name...he was a great guy!

Posts: 224 | Location: Beaverton, Oregon | Registered: Tue November 25 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post