New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pacific Raceways
 Login/Join

Picture of McGinnis_339
posted
I've heard rumors since they first closed the track down but I heard from a friend of a friend last wknd that pacific raceway is suppose to have a mx track up and running by the end january. Couldn't get details of who's running it or whether it will be in the same spot or not. Ted, is Devol finally gonna be running a track?!

Posts: 99 | Location: Des Moines | Registered: Thu September 24 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
At first I was going to say ya ya ya and Santa is going to bring me a new bike too. Looking at the future state map here
http://pacificraceways.com/RacewayFuture.aspx

This is the first time I have seen an MX track in the works on the updated future map. I doubt it will be by this January but the fact it is still there is encouraging. Maybe my new 250XC-W will be in my stocking after all Smile

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Court321
posted Hide Post
we can all hope!! It would be so nice to have a track that close again. I wish i would have taken more advantage of it when it was there!

Posts: 23 | Location: Tacoma | Registered: Thu November 19 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Osaka #627
posted Hide Post
if they have a track by the end of january, i will buy you a brand new bike of your choosing paul.

you can hold me to that.

The Asian Sensation - Stirring Sh** Since '89.

Posts: 693 | Location: Milton, WA | Registered: Tue November 30 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rays Dad
posted Hide Post
Good link to copy and paste to Facebook.

Posts: 582 | Location: Tacoma | Registered: Tue June 20 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of McGinnis_339
posted Hide Post
Nice to see it in the future plans. But I will believe it when I see it. Hopefully its not another mini dad or 4 wheeled enthusiast trying to run it.

Posts: 99 | Location: Des Moines | Registered: Thu September 24 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
I would like to see either Ted run it or Smail be involved. Lance did a great job when the "other" guy had it.

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
Let's hope for the best.

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I looked at the map Paul posted and I don't see a motocross track.

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spin05
posted Hide Post
Look right in the bottom middle next to the drag strip. Kinda tan patch......

#329 40+ class

Posts: 808 | Location: camano is,wa | Registered: Sun September 03 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm wondering if it would be down the hill on that side to help keep the noise and dust and whatever else people would complain about under control

Posts: 229 | Location: Auburn WA | Registered: Tue November 16 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nope. I don't think so. The people that live across the RR tracks below the hill bitched
about noise. Someone said Clem was called by R.P. about running MX again.

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
If they opened up again, that may keep me in the MX game.

Picture of spin05
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paul 061:
If they opened up again, that may keep me in the MX game.

You sell your bike yet????

#329 40+ class

Posts: 808 | Location: camano is,wa | Registered: Sun September 03 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
Should the MX track be placed at that particular location (ref: spin05: Look right in the bottom middle next to the drag strip. Kinda tan patch......) on the ole "SIR" facilities then I'd have to agree with Ted...it just won't happen. No Parking, No Access, no Nutt'n. It's a Pipe-Dream. Looks fine for promot'n just won't hold water in long term, or short for that matter.

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry to say the noise will always be a issue until we as a group of racers do something about it, aside from complaining about losing ride areas. Funny how many of these spots have been lost in the last 10 years and noise is the biggest weapon people have to use against them comming back.

Posts: 229 | Location: Auburn WA | Registered: Tue November 16 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So why don't we make the bikes quieter?
If I could have ever started up a facility, not a single bike would ride there over 94db. Then I would work to drop to 92db after a year. This would solve a great deal of our industries problems yet no one (AMA) will start at the top.

Picture of mx510
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ted:
So why don't we make the bikes quieter?
If I could have ever started up a facility, not a single bike would ride there over 94db. Then I would work to drop to 92db after a year. This would solve a great deal of our industries problems yet no one (AMA) will start at the top.

How about doing that in your series?

Posts: 435 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Fri August 01 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
I read where the pro circuit guys make their bikes as loud as possible and plan on failing the test a couple of times per race before getting a muffler that will squeek by. It should be if you fail once you are out. Isn't the limit this year 96db? I'd like to have had a sound meter at Clark County last night. I'd bet it was about 140 db's inside. It was insane how loud it was.

posted Hide Post
I feel that there has to be steps taken sooner rather than later in regards to the noise. I'm not trying to knock any promoters on this but you have got to take the first step even if the AMA is not willing to. If PRO or others say this is how it is we as racers have no choice but to conform. My ears would welcome the reduction in noise 100% because as is the 4 strokes are way to loud.

Who knows if we take small step maybe we will start see ride areas come back to us and less problems with the land issues