Tools

Pacific Raceways
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mull#13:
quote:
Originally posted by Rays Dad:
Can anyone point out a particular track that is at risk of closing due to noise levels? I don't think Horn, Riverdale or Toes could be put on the list. Straddleline and the indoor events should be ok but not to sure about Washougal and Caddy.

Caddy Ranch already had this issue and from what I have heard (this is not facts) Washougal's neighbors have been complaining for years. Spokane's Extreme has had some since the housing developments keep creeping in on them.

What is the big deal?? Really, put a quiet pipe on and ride. You don't want a quiet bike then don't ride. Quit ruining it for the people that are trying to keep places open and keep 'non' riders happy. If you have money to own a bike and take trips to ride, then a $300+ silencer should be attainable.

So, in order to keep places from closing AND as this thread is about help places OPEN!! (yeah OPEN, when is the last time you heard that?) we as individual's need to do our part.

Well said Mull

Raysdad I think you should rephrase your question and ask how many tracks have we already lost due to noise issues. I start with MXGP....

Posts: 145 | Location: Puyallup, WA | Registered: Tue March 29 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Mull
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hutchracer:
Have you heard some of the new bikes there is no chance for most of them unless they test to the FIM wide open throttle test and the factorys make changes.

Last time I went out there was a new Kawi450 racing and damn that thing was super loud not sure if it was a 2011 or a 2012 but it was way to loud with stock exhaust. I would doubt many new 4 strokes with stock exhaust would pass a 96db wide open throttle test.

The Honda just might (although I don't know for sure). In one of the shootouts I read it noted that the testers actually knocked the score of the Honda down because it was 'plugged up' with the 94 dB system. Too quiet and not quite enough power. WHO, besides a hand full of PRO's can ride these 250's and 450's to their potential EVEN when they are quieted to 94 dB? NO ONE. I found it kind of disappointing they knocked the bike for actually being quiet(er). That should be bonus points!! Even these MX magazines don't get it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: J Mull,

Posts: 271 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 28 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rays Dad
posted Hide Post
The issue at Pacific Raceways wasn't noise but a combination of problems with the end result being a very low turn out at the track. What I heard was a group of pros were told to leave the track and in the months that followed it seemed the track slowly fell apart and died. I think it would be very risky for Ted to try and spearhead an effort to get riders to quiet their bikes, it would probably help to get some super creative marketing by a major exhaust manufacturer to make a dent in mx noise. Or maybe a top factory rider could win Supercross on a bike that put out 89db's max. But in reality what is the typical mx dad going to do if he puts a pc pipe on his sons bike and the kid goes out and wins his first race the next day? I'm just saying from experience.

Posts: 582 | Location: Tacoma | Registered: Tue June 20 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mx510
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rays Dad:
The issue at Pacific Raceways wasn't noise but a combination of problems with the end result being a very low turn out at the track. What I heard was a group of pros were told to leave the track and in the months that followed it seemed the track slowly fell apart and died. I think it would be very risky for Ted to try and spearhead an effort to get riders to quiet their bikes, it would probably help to get some super creative marketing by a major exhaust manufacturer to make a dent in mx noise. Or maybe a top factory rider could win Supercross on a bike that put out 89db's max. But in reality what is the typical mx dad going to do if he puts a pc pipe on his sons bike and the kid goes out and wins his first race the next day? I'm just saying from experience.

How about the dad put a quiet pipe on the kids bike instead??? It seems really simple to me.

Posts: 435 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Fri August 01 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rays Dad
posted Hide Post
Eric,

Thank you for contacting me regarding the expansion plans at Pacific Raceways. I appreciate that you took the time to write.

The striker pertaining to expansion was voted out of the Transportation, Economy, and Environment Committee in September without recommendation. On Monday, December 5th, a public hearing was conducted during which the Council heard from citizens on both sides of the issue. Given the magnitude of this project and the controversy surrounding it, the Council did not feel it was appropriate to act on the proposal and sent it back to the Committee.

Due to the evolving nature of the legislation, I hesitate to comment on any specifics contained in the current ordinance. However, my goals remain the same. I am committed to addressing neighbor concerns in any proposal that comes before the Council.

Thank you again for contacting me. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Reagan Dunn

King County Councilmember - District Nine

516 3rd Ave. Room 1200, Seattle, WA 98104

Tel: 206-296-1009 Fax: 206-296-0198

From: pacificracewaywa@gmail.com [mailto:pacificracewaywa@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 14, 2011 11:08 AM
To: tracieb@pacificraceways.com
Cc: Constantine, Dow; von Reichbauer, Pete; Phillips, Larry; Ferguson, Bob; McDermott, Joe; Patterson, Julia; Dunn, Reagan; Gossett, Larry; Lambert, Kathy; Hague, Jane; Jarrett, Fred; Yang, Sung; Starbard, John; Moore, Kendall; von Reichbauer, Pete

Posts: 582 | Location: Tacoma | Registered: Tue June 20 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chaz822
posted Hide Post
My unreliable sources say Clem will be running it again.

Posts: 35 | Location: Bellevue | Registered: Thu July 08 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
I'm PRAYING THEN for your "unreliable sources" and their effort because 18x odd years later I'm pushing/wearing/promoting a Clem 1994 SIR Series Series Winner Award Coat, the Answer camo-thingy where Clem silkscreened "HOLESHOT PARK 94.." on the back. It's a Hik^w (Huge) hit in Native-American-Land circa 2011-2012.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Workman #21,

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chaz822
posted Hide Post
Oh yeah I remember you and Ted on the 500 smoke monsters. My fingers are crossed.

Posts: 35 | Location: Bellevue | Registered: Thu July 08 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Everyone on this blog makes a lot of sence. Does everyone also know that the simplest and most effective way to make a bike quiet is the size of the hole exiting the muffler. It's as simple as that. More than half the tracks in the northwest have noise issues. I would bet 90% of the private tracks have a noise issue.
P.R.O will start pushing this at the first round and see what the customers say. It's good to see everyone concerned about this.

Noise is offroaders foremost problem.

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post