New
Find
Notify
Tools

Riverdale
 Login/Join

Picture of Paul 061
posted
We had an MXPPA executive board meeting today at Riverdale. Track was kinda crappy in the morning, a bit sloppy. Towards the end of the day it got better. Thanks to Mull and Sharkey for giving me the inspiration to jump the double in the middle. I think an alien abducted Brian Sharkey and replaced him with a thin fast guy.

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of B Sharkey
posted Hide Post
yeah that was fun today paul. too bad the track wasnt nice like it was at 100 at 9am. but thats how it goes sometimes. thanks for the compliment. im felling better every time i ride. cant wait til may or june. i should be where i want physically by then and have plenty of ride time in. Aaaron always keeps me inspired too. today was goodtimes with everybody

Posts: 1322 | Location: lake stevens | Registered: Thu October 06 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
That pass you made in the corner rut was pretty cool. I think your tree friend would have been proud :-)
I hinted to my wife about a new bike. I don't think it went over very well. We should do some weekend camping trips to Riverdale or Straddleline this Summer.

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Mull
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paul 061:
We had an MXPPA executive board meeting today at Riverdale. Track was kinda crappy in the morning, a bit sloppy. Towards the end of the day it got better. Thanks to Mull and Sharkey for giving me the inspiration to jump the double in the middle. I think an alien abducted Brian Sharkey and replaced him with a thin fast guy.

Glad to see you Paul. Ankles are both swollen and black and blue from mistaking that said double as a table. Busted a spoke trying to smooth out the face of the double :-) Hope to be walking good by the weekend!!

Posts: 271 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 28 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mull#13:
quote:
Originally posted by Paul 061:

Glad to see you Paul. Ankles are both swollen and black and blue from mistaking that said double as a table. Busted a spoke trying to smooth out the face of the double :-) Hope to be walking good by the weekend!!

I'm glad it is just bruised!

posted Hide Post
Is riverdale like what it used to be when they had the large track from a few years back? I haven't gone since they took it out and made it all lame. I just got done installing a new top end tires chain etc on the 250 it's time to get some laps in!

Posts: 552 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: Sat December 06 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of McGinnis_339
posted Hide Post
The current track at Riverdale is pretty sweet. I think the old track was better (bigger jumps and better dirt) but the track they have now is a lot of fun. And for the amount of ride time you get, its well worth driving to from the westside for sure! From the mxppa reports, wait until it dries out a little bit and it should be primo!

Posts: 99 | Location: Des Moines | Registered: Thu September 24 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of B Sharkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mc339:
The current track at Riverdale is pretty sweet. I think the old track was better (bigger jumps and better dirt) but the track they have now is a lot of fun. And for the amount of ride time you get, its well worth driving to from the westside for sure! From the mxppa reports, wait until it dries out a little bit and it should be primo!
it wasnt that bad. the problem was it ws frozen and the fog didnt lift til about 11 so it was like riding on wet pavement for the first 3 hrs. then in about 1 hr it went from muddy to perfect dirt but the track was beat up pretty bad at that point. had the sun been out in the early am like normal would have been just fine

Posts: 1322 | Location: lake stevens | Registered: Thu October 06 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
And you get the burning skin just like Woodland too.

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow I asked about the track and I got kind of so so answers on the layout being fun. I'll take that as a no compared to the old layout then. Not trying to be harsh on it but I really liked the old layout.

Posts: 552 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: Sat December 06 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of B Sharkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joe439:
Wow I asked about the track and I got kind of so so answers on the layout being fun. I'll take that as a no compared to the old layout then. Not trying to be harsh on it but I really liked the old layout.
it was fun but it broke down fast. i never rode the old layout

posted Hide Post
Yea that's typical of it breaking down fast there even the old layout would do that. But that was one of the things I liked about that track was the sand ruts where good practice.

The old layout was pretty good in size and had some decent jumps and that damn like rolling whoop / ryhtm section was killer.

I was told it is like half the size now and much tamer or it was tame cause of all the vintage dudes going there and the owner not being into it anymore.

But I thought I heard someone say that this past year they re did the track and it's back closer to what it was before.

Picture of McGinnis_339
posted Hide Post
There's actually 2 tracks at Riverdale. Where the old track use to be there is a "vintage track" which is very tame but you can ride it even if you don't have a vintage bike. That track still has great dirt and gets awesome corners built up. As far as the main track, its tame compared to what the old track was but still has a lot of decent sized jumps, rolling whoops and overall is a really fun track. The only way to know if you'll like it is to check it out yourself though...

Posts: 99 | Location: Des Moines | Registered: Thu September 24 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
Gotta agree with MC339, it's worth checking out, every one of us has different things we look for and different preferences. I wasn't too impressed. I agree, pretty tame, decent layout, but kind of "un polished" if that's a way to describe a track.

In my opinion, it's not a $30 track, more like a $15 track.

I classified it somewhere right above Old Pipeline Road and 116th. lol.

It's not my intention to bash it, but it's no Burnt Ridge, Ward Creek, or Mt. View.

Just my opinion.

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post