Stimulus... Part Deux

This topic can be found at:
https://ewmxschools.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/171607236/m/89910711

Tue February 10 2009, 07:50 PM
Workman #21
Stimulus... Part Deux
quote:
Ken. Your last post. ??
It's about taxes Ted and how much is to much or to little. I'm waiting for the day when you say "ah-just-right"
Tue February 10 2009, 07:56 PM
Aaron
Nah, just found that pic, made me laugh too. With my kids, (atleast the two boys) it would be more like real black eyes.
Wed February 11 2009, 08:04 AM
Open Class
Federal flat rate tax of 20% across the board no breaks for anyone.

The more you make the more they make. Health problem to have I should think.

State taxes for business owners they can do as a flat rate as well and states that want to attract business can play with the rate based on a variety of factors. Green companies for instance can get a lower flat rate.

Stream line the damn process so you do not need an army of people to run it monitor and run it. Goverment needs to run their business like any other and have a business plan to show that they are running on budget! ACOUNTABILITY!!!

Business Process Reengineering at a macro level!!

Simplify, simplify, simplify....

---------------------------------------------------------------
"You, you, and you: panic. The rest of you come with me"
Wed February 11 2009, 09:41 AM
ted
Ken. Exactly what Dom posted.
Or I would agree to just stop the increases from this point on. Every taxing authority raises taxes all the time for business and there are many possible takers. It adds up to a lot of additional combined money I have stolen from my business.
Wed February 11 2009, 09:51 AM
DanP
I am all for a flat tax as well. Most of the studies I have read indicate that with a flat tax, the actual rate would be between 9% and 11% not 20%. Boy, I would take that in a second!!!

Unfortunately it will never happen for three reasons:
1. It would put 90% of the IRS out of a job. The government never cuts a government job.
2. It would put 90% of CPA's out of a job. The government will never put CPA's out of a job.
3. It makes total sense. The government never does...you can figure out the rest.
Wed February 11 2009, 01:15 PM
MX516
I like the fair tax and the idea of the Consumption tax...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consumption_tax

more money in your pocket and you are taxed on what you consume... pretty simple
Wed February 11 2009, 03:06 PM
Vetmx808
At least we will be getting $500-1000 bucks back that we already paid the government in taxes this year! WhooHoo! Go buy that T.V. with your stimulus check...
(Please note serious sarcasm)

Frick'n idiots...
Fri February 13 2009, 09:56 AM
Kimball #126
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 216's dad:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by MX516:
This is ammusing...
---ECONOMIC STIMULUS PAYMENT---
This year, taxpayers will receive an Economic Stimulus Payment. This is a very exciting new program that I will explain using the Q and A format:
Q. What is an Economic Stimulus Payment?
A. It is money that the federal government will send to taxpayers.

Q. Where will the government get this money?
A. From taxpayers.

Q. So the government is giving me back my own money?
A. No, they are borrowing it from China. Your children are expected to repay the Chinese.

Q. What is the purpose of this payment?
A. The plan is that you will use the money to purchase a high-definition TV set, thus stimulating the economy.

Q. But isn't that stimulating the economy of China?
A. Shut up.

OMG, this was brilliant! Yes it angers me too, but the post was dead on.

Kimballer

www.spokanepowersports.com
Sun February 15 2009, 10:41 PM
MX516
good video (and not from Fox!) about the stimulus and some simple facts of its true worth... 8% of ~$800b to infrastructure? I though that was what it was all about...

Also a little truth into the change... er, bipartisanship that's been promised.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/vid....schock.stimulus.cnn

Another good fact... only 24hrs to vote on an over 1100 PAGE! bill designed to bankrupt America... not even time to freakin read the stupid thing let alone decipher it! Come ON!!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MX516,
Mon February 16 2009, 06:32 AM
Aaron
Tony, if only you would have put this much research into the first stimulus that went to corporate america!!!
Mon February 16 2009, 11:49 AM
MX516
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron:
Tony, if only you would have put this much research into the first stimulus that went to corporate america!!!

I haven't been for any of the proposed "stimulus" packages... I know the first one was a mistake and so is this one... they are both knee jerk politically driven reactions ("we just can't sit here and not do nothing" translates to "we'll loose votes"). None of the packages have been designed for stimulating the economy just supporting politics freinds and agendas...

first corporate America for $700b now for the "social programs" of America... lets give them ~800B of your childrens and grandchildrens money (and a lot of yours and mine since we're young enough)

http://seattletimes.nwsource.c...8468_stimpost16.html

I must admit their strategy is strong in supporting the "social" side of America since their voting numbers are much larger... but i don't agree with it!

Aaron, I haven't been able to gather whether you are for this $800B, now 1100page ridiculous bill (with less the 24hrs to read... why?) or not??? I did find it amusing the even the CAT UAW workers of Illinois were unaminously against it...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MX516,
Mon February 16 2009, 02:44 PM
Justin Anderson
What they should have done was just give everybody back their federal withholding for the year.

If that didnt stimulate the economy, nothing would.

The Democrats wouldnt ever do such a thing though, because that leaves the power with the people, and not the ruling class. Such things cant happen when the democrats are in power, after all, they know how to spend your money better than you do. Roll Eyes
Mon February 16 2009, 08:40 PM
Disturbed450
At this point, its both the democrats and republicans that feel they can spend our money better. I don't feel that either party has truly represented the people in these matters, there are a select few for each party that are standing up to their respective parties. I think we need to have a major change in both the House and the Senate. I think the people who have been life long politicians have lost their touch with what real life is like.

The social programs in place now days promote people not to work and just sit home and collect a check. The more kids you can pop out, the more money you will get, that is the motto.
Mon February 16 2009, 09:27 PM
Open Class
Locally it is not looking to hot either with the billions in deficit forecasted yet again in 09. Well, we did save the one salmon trying to swim up and over Mercer Island….freakin yahoos.

Tue February 17 2009, 10:02 AM
MX516
http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITI....stimulus/index.html

"Obama better step up his game, or it's going to be a short four years in office." Cafferty

“The Government trying to spend its way out of recession is like an alcoholic trying to drink himself into sobriety. It’s not going to work.” - Unknown
Tue February 17 2009, 10:45 AM
Vern#119
Stiffel desent. quite your apposition,
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/k...ip-doctrine-internet
Tue February 17 2009, 01:23 PM
Aaron
quote:
Originally posted by MX516:

“The Government trying to spend its way out of recession is like an alcoholic trying to drink himself into sobriety. It’s not going to work.” - Unknown

I heard that works at Schick Shadle..... Wink
Tue February 17 2009, 01:59 PM
Open Class
Oh wow!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP1UQMd7VMw

Tue February 17 2009, 08:09 PM
Pike 62
Dom I dont think WOW even covers that! Mad
Tue February 17 2009, 08:36 PM
Disturbed450
So, where are you guys going to spend your $13? Sure is a good thing that the entire Nation is paying for a light rail between LA and Vegas. I wonder what else is hidden in that 1100+page stimulus package.