E.W. Motocross Schools    Northwest Motocross Forum    Northwest Motocross Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion  Hop To Forums  **PIT**TALK**    Snowmobile questions / advice... What to get?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Snowmobile questions / advice... What to get?
 Login/Join

Picture of MX516
posted
As most of you know, I recently relocated to anchorage... I've been couped up for about a month now and have come to the realization that I NÉED a sled! I was thinking a skidoo, 04-07' 6-800, 136-151. I want something that I can rip the trails and play in the fresh stuff... What's the best all around sled? Size? Brand?... I am sure I want the fwd sitting designs like the revs? What's the closest to moto?

Any help would be great!

Tone-show

Posts: 571 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: Sun May 11 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chaz822
posted Hide Post
07' 800 rev 159"

Posts: 35 | Location: Bellevue | Registered: Thu July 08 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ski Doo is the only way to go. My wife rides a 2007 600 REV 146. I ride a 2009 Summit X 800 XP 154.

Posts: 452 | Location: Selah,WA. | Registered: Fri November 14 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MX516
posted Hide Post
How many miles are "to many"...? I was thinking to keep it under 2k. Seen some with 15-1800 or so... As well as 3500 miles

Posts: 571 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: Sun May 11 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The 800 07 and older need the engine rebuilt at about 2500 miles. They fixed the problem in the 09 and newer 800. All years on the 600 seem to go 4000 miles. The 09 and newer 800 will 4000 miles also.

Posts: 452 | Location: Selah,WA. | Registered: Fri November 14 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MX516
posted Hide Post
Bought an adult owned 07 800 summit X model with fox shox and a bunch of extras, 1600 miles for 4300... Hope i did all right. Can't wit to rip it!

Looked at a few xp and polaris 08-09 But they looked beat for 7gs. Hope this 07 holds together Smile

Picture of J Mull
posted Hide Post
You'll like it.
Good deal too.
Hey I even got Aaron up yesterday on a sled Smile

Posts: 271 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 28 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thats a nice machine

Picture of MX516
posted Hide Post
Took her out for the maiden voyage this weekend... and I must admit that i think i can get used to it! We had a blast and saw some cool stuff. Even found plenty of powder to play in. We didnt even have to venture to far! Next weeks it Denali (after i find some new carbides, LOL!)

Picture of TRA-742
posted Hide Post
1993 Yamaha Exciter (reeded model) 1.5"x136" track- Ahead of it's time as for ride position.. Best sled for the money bullet proof will go anywhere. I hear the new Yamahas are pigs..

Yep can't go wrong with the newer Skidoo's Ive rode the 600 and 800 alot both great sleds. Ski stance pressure seems critical on the setup.

I've owned proly 6 Polaris sleds didn't like any of them
although I did rent a new 600 last year west yellowstone that was real nice sled I climbed everything the 800 climbed and it sidehilled really well.

If I was in the sled market I "Think" I'd buy a new Cat. All the new cats I've ridden are pretty badass.

Posts: 677 | Location: KENNEWICK | Registered: Sat November 22 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post