New
Find
Notify
Tools

Get Well Soon Eric!
 Login/Join

Picture of E.W. #849
posted Hide Post
It was much more stupidity than anything. Im paying the price now. It was a total dumbsh!t move. 30 feet before I hit the jump, I knew something wasn't right. But I still pinned it.
3 hours stuck on the Mtn coughing blood. It was a bad scene and Im lucky to get out of it this easy. 4-6 months of recovery is a small price to pay.

Posts: 3404 | Location: Bothell, WA | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of E.W. #849
posted Hide Post
Some pics....

Femur

Posts: 3404 | Location: Bothell, WA | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of E.W. #849
posted Hide Post
more

femur

Picture of E.W. #849
posted Hide Post
and more

femur

Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
Egaads, that's pretty close to your hip. Coulda been a lot worse, the femoral artery is pretty close to that spot.

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vetmx808
posted Hide Post
Frickin ouch man! Holy...I can't believe you didn't dislocate your hip too.

Posts: 582 | Location: Montana | Registered: Mon September 17 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of race250r
posted Hide Post
Is that an intertrochanteric fracture? Looks pretty devastated. Hope your rehab is going well. Get well soon.

Chris

Posts: 70 | Location: W. Seattle, WA | Registered: Thu February 10 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 747Heavy
posted Hide Post
Nicole and I wish you a speedy recovery Eric. Best regards wild man.

Posts: 119 | Location: Sammamish | Registered: Thu April 24 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Eric. How are you doing so far. Are you off meds or does it still hurt a bunch?

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of E.W. #849
posted Hide Post
Chris, I have no idea what type of break it is? Just that its broken and it sucks!

Ted, it still hurts like a bitch! I get 3 hours of sleep at at time, then the meds wear off.

Picture of Marnie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by race250r:
Is that an intertrochanteric fracture?
Chris

It is a Subtrochanteric fracture..

Posts: 240 | Location: Enumclaw | Registered: Tue January 23 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
Oh that's bad when a fracture has your name in it :-)

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
According to Wikipedia it sounds like EW might do well to be thanking someone-up-above for the fact that he's even here, I know I do. Anyone noticed lately how our SX heros are giving thanks. Gotta wonder if they broke their necks like me - circa 1994 Jolly Rodgers, Seattle WA. and are being ...

Thankful

Hip Fracture (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hip_fracture)

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Amen to that Ken. Eric and Dominic both were in great harm and we could have lost them no doubt.
Thank God for keeping them with us.

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of race250r
posted Hide Post
Eric,
How are you coming along with the rehab? I hope you are feeling better.

Chris

Posts: 70 | Location: W. Seattle, WA | Registered: Thu February 10 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of E.W. #849
posted Hide Post
I was doing great until I slipped off a trailer last week. Back to the Dr this morning. Its been sore as hell! LAME!!!!!

Picture of Vetmx808
posted Hide Post
WTH were you doing on a trailer!? Trying to unload you're bike or sled??

Here's my fun from 2 weeks ago...Chopped it right off!

Posts: 582 | Location: Montana | Registered: Mon September 17 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of race250r
posted Hide Post
I dig the bow tie on the physician. I would trust him.

How in the heck did you do that to your finger?

Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
Dang Vetmx808 that looks bad!

Is a Good news Bad news thing. Good news is twas not yer index finger and was lefty hand at that. Bad news is picking yer nose will never be the same provided you picked it left handed with 3rd finger. Me I’m a righty so when I crushed (popped-like-grape) my right index finger in a 75 Ton Press Brake my righty index finger looked sorta like yer photos cept my fingers bone fragments were sticking out da end. Doc used what looked like Dog Toe Nail clippers to cut back bone – local anesthetic - while stuffed into a cardboard box. Bellevue, Overlake Hospital circa 1990 or so.

Doc stuffed finger in-a-box-shot-in-Novocaine-wedged-in-metal-finger-nail-replacement-strip and sent me on my way to Gov for rehab.

Went there done that. Gov doc would say “lets take a look” and peel back bandages and say “how’s it feel” and “see me next week”. Same goes on for 4x maybe 5x weeks. Finally I told’em “Doc, feels fine but having trouble PICKING MY NOSE”. No more trips to Gov Doc. 20yrs latter you guessed it - still have trouble picking my nose.

bad news delivered, no nose pick'n lasts forever!

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vetmx808
posted Hide Post
lol! Good stuff! Haha..

Only true benefit is the ability to flip the bird at the speed of light! I only have to pull down the index finger now! Typing is funky, but I will get a lee press on nail and should be all good! Hey, I might be able to pick again too!

So yeah, the bar end pinched the finger against the ground...punched through the grip and chopped off 3/4 of an inch. Go figure..sad thing was I was only going 2mph...super slow motion tip over. Doc said 5 weeks and I should be good to go...its already been 2.

Sorry Eric! But you leg has nothing on my finger! Razz

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Vetmx808,