New
Find
Notify
Tools

Horn new layout this weekend.
 Login/Join

Picture of motodrew295
posted
Neal Allan and I rode it today and it was amazing! New reversed (or forward) layout depending on who you talk to is pretty awesome, and Ray has put a ton of hours into it getting it right. The dirt is heavy and deep and the weather should be mild and nice so Its going to be a good weekend to try it out before the big opener in a month!

Posts: 525 | Location: kennewick,WA | Registered: Wed March 02 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
Drew, By reversed do you mean turn left or right at gate drop?

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
If it's opposite of last weekend, the new setup would have you turning left after the start.

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OH MAN!!!! Went out today and what a blast. Weather was mid 50s and the track was turned around. Really good flow and nice and rough and rutted. Took me a couple session to get going but by the end was having an awesome time! Good job Ray!!! And yes after the start you go left instead of right.

Posts: 108 | Location: Everett,Wa | Registered: Wed March 16 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I need to see what Ray will let us do to not have a 90 degree first corner. Look at every SX. They all have 90 degree first corners to get guarenteed crashes for the crowd. Add 15 riders to the gate at Horn and we know what we get. Ray may already have a solution figured out. It will be fun going that direction again.

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Its a sweeping left hand turn then goes to the right hand turn before what used to be the last tabletop. It may be a bit fast but at least we can now use the rear brake effectavly now. You will like it ted.

Posts: 108 | Location: Everett,Wa | Registered: Wed March 16 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's nice that the first turn goes to left. A whole lot safer for race day.

Posts: 452 | Location: Selah,WA. | Registered: Fri November 14 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
Avoiding a 90'er first corner is impossible Ted, that is unless you want to flatten the track and start all over.

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of B Sharkey
posted Hide Post
that place was a blast today, new layout is really good. ted you wont have to do anything but groom. pretty cool

Posts: 1322 | Location: lake stevens | Registered: Thu October 06 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motodrew295
posted Hide Post
Track was really good. The start is long, fair and safe. I think it will help make all the gates more fair and better for racing, the first two corners wont bottleneck everyone into single file.

Posts: 525 | Location: kennewick,WA | Registered: Wed March 02 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRA-742
posted Hide Post
Awesome job with the track Ray waaay fun! #1 it should be way better off the start not going over the tunnel jump all bunched up safer.. The spectator area in front of the tower with riders jumping the tunnel into the corner proly needs a HUGE buffer zone for spectator safety.. Everything else looks dialed! I think Horn is way better than Socal's Milestone mx track just my 2 cents..

Posts: 677 | Location: KENNEWICK | Registered: Sat November 22 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
I'm glad to hear it's going the other way. The tunnel jump was a dangerous obsticle on the start. How are the jumps going the opposite way? Is the jump that used to be after the tunnel jump now a step down?

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRA-742
posted Hide Post
Paul yes the jumps going the other way are all really good and the tunnel is a nice little safe step down unless you forget to let off or the arm pump won't let you.. lol

Posts: 677 | Location: KENNEWICK | Registered: Sat November 22 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRA-742
posted Hide Post
And the the jump that was after the tunnel going the old direction is now a fun step down floater did it second lap you will Enjoy !

Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
Cool, I hope they run the track for the Hare Scramble next month.

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's the plan!

quote:
Originally posted by Paul 061:
Cool, I hope they run the track for the Hare Scramble next month.

Posts: 44 | Location: Ellensburg  | Registered: Mon June 16 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
Cool, I've decided to take the KTM 200 instead of the RMZ. Looking forward to the race

posted Hide Post
The weather was not nice today, I think the track has good flow now and I like the new stuff. I just had a hard time today learning the track and commiting in the slick conditions

Posts: 55 | Location: arlington, wa | Registered: Tue August 17 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post