New
Find
Notify
Tools

How many
 Login/Join

Picture of daddio
posted
Of you guy's can make the "triple" after the tunnel jump at Horn Rapids?

Posts: 231 | Location: kent,wa | Registered: Thu September 16 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
I would say that everyone can make it, about 30% of the pros can ride away after they make it :-)

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spin05
posted Hide Post
Seen Shon wilson do it and it knocked one of his hands off the bars.

#329 40+ class

Posts: 808 | Location: camano is,wa | Registered: Sun September 03 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of daddio
posted Hide Post
Thanks........ I didn't even realize there was a triple there, until Reed tried it on his quad. He came up a little short. Didn't crash, but he blew his knee out.

Posts: 231 | Location: kent,wa | Registered: Thu September 16 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
It's a huck to clear it clean. I've seen Crater, Moore, Osaka, Abrigo, Wilson, guys of that caliber do it.

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Levi
posted Hide Post
iv seen lots of riders do it,,even B or C riders..kinda depends on how the track is that day too

Posts: 178 | Location: washington | Registered: Wed January 23 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of B Sharkey
posted Hide Post
maybe c riders that should be b riders

Posts: 1322 | Location: lake stevens | Registered: Thu October 06 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
or c riders that like to ride in ambulances!

Posts: 145 | Location: Puyallup, WA | Registered: Tue March 29 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've only seen one quad ever clear it, Kolton Bender, and that was when the track went the other way.

Posts: 8 | Location: eastern washington | Registered: Mon January 22 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
I unintentionally came up about 5 feet short, I thought I was gunna die. when Lance Smail did the track for the P.R.O. race a couple years back he took the option out cuz it was sketchy.

Picture of TRA-742
posted Hide Post
I did the same thing ONE time! On a practice day on like the second lap. This old timer (me) was feeling alittle to good that day chasin some kid and forgot to let off holy crap big air then I came up a few feet short the suspension went full crush mode scary never forgot to let off again!

Posts: 677 | Location: KENNEWICK | Registered: Sat November 22 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TRA-742:
I did the same thing ONE time! On a practice day on like the second lap. This old timer (me) was feeling alittle to good that day chasin some kid and forgot to let off holy crap big air then I came up a few feet short the suspension went full crush mode scary never forgot to let off again!

Haha Ted, that's exactly what I did, got so caught up in the moment of catching the kid in front I forgot where I was. Must be an old guy thing!

posted Hide Post
I can

Posts: 452 | Location: Selah,WA. | Registered: Fri November 14 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paul 061:
I unintentionally came up about 5 feet short, I thought I was gunna die. when Lance Smail did the track for the P.R.O. race a couple years back he took the option out cuz it was sketchy.

You mean Lance tried to take that option out. My son was still an intermediate then and was still jumping it to play catchup when he got a couple of bad starts. I have a great pic of him doing it that weekend. Lance pretty much took the landing away from the triple landing. My son made me turn the clickers in all the way so he could still land without it hurting his wrists. Ha ha me? I've never even doubled that triple.

Posts: 295 | Location: Sultan Wa | Registered: Wed November 12 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
I'm talking about when Lance made the left handed turn right at the base of it, you couldn't even do the double.

posted Hide Post
its not hard, its just that theres no landing.

Posts: 91 | Location: TOES | Registered: Fri December 11 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
Here's the deal. It's 120' straight line huck off-the-track-and-then-back-on. This means if one's approaching from west-to-east you gotta aim for the very-most inside launch rut (MX bikes), prepare for G-Loads, have arm and leg strength for said G-Loads, make the huck (Throttle Control) and not panic if yer 60' (vertical) from flat landing suck-it-up and PRAY!

Most MXers start short and build up meaning "Am I gonna make da landing ramp". Best I ever saw was Shon Wilson #946 circa 2009 on a Yamaha (cause everyone knows Yamaha's have damn fine fork compression dampers) when he flat landed that thing made-it-alive-and-finished-the-round. Shon's one of those guys I always pay attention too. There's been more radical peeps over the years but somehow Shon's made the "sweet-spot". I keep watch'n, pray'n, and hope'n.

Dude (Shon) flat landed that thing last year (2009) in pro practice with dark clouds in the background and DeVol put'n on a race. I asked'em why..."cause I could and..." he said. I was shacking-in-my-boots when I saw it and somewhat less when we talked.

That's one amazing leap.

Damn!

KW (Duwamish)

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
What's Shon been up to? Good kid, always friendly to an old guy and fun to watch.

Picture of Kimball #126
posted Hide Post
Shon loves to huck sketchy stuff...he makes it too and ur right, it's amazing to watch!

Posts: 1187 | Location: Spokane | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TH10
posted Hide Post
i cleared it on accident once when i was still a beg. about a year ago, it was fun (scary as hell) but too sketchy

Posts: 40 | Location: Kennewick | Registered: Mon June 01 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post