New
Find
Notify
Tools

Horn open Feb 4 and 5th
 Login/Join

Picture of Vetmx808
posted Hide Post
Just so there is no confustion, my suggestion was to till and water the CORNERS, not the jumps or straights. You can get a good deep base of moisture and a few lines in the corners this way...man, can't wait to come down and ride!

Posts: 582 | Location: Montana | Registered: Mon September 17 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRA-742
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greg726:
Maybe the two track idea is a good one? VET TRACK, THAT IS HARD PACK WITH SAFE JUMPS.
Main track, that gets tilled/rough/bigger jumps that not ever 85 rider does.

Going to try and make it out on Sunday. Hope the weather is nice.

Hey snackpack 726 when you make it out Sunday lets see if you can actualy ride the full 20 minutes on the smooth freeway track we have now or just the first 10 minutes and the last ten just hangin out on the side of the track to tired..lol If and when you can rock three 20's in a day on the freeway then you can pop off Smileluv ya bro

Posts: 677 | Location: KENNEWICK | Registered: Sat November 22 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greg726
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hey snackpack 726 when you make it out Sunday lets see if you can actualy ride the full 20 minutes on the smooth freeway track we have now or just the first 10 minutes and the last ten just hangin out on the side of the track to tired..lol If and when you can rock three 20's in a day on the freeway then you can pop off Smileluv ya bro

If i make it out it won't be tell after noon or so on Sunday Ted. Its my weekend to have little one. As for the 20 min.I have it in me. May not be pushing the entire time but i can do 20 min. x 3

I'm doing a pretty good job of pop'n off huh ted? lol

Posts: 135 | Location: Kennewick wa | Registered: Mon September 24 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRA-742
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greg726:
quote:

If i make it out it won't be tell after noon or so on Sunday Ted. Its my weekend to have little one. As for the 20 min.I have it in me. May not be pushing the entire time but i can do 20 min. x 3

I'm doing a pretty good job of pop'n off huh ted? lol

Settle down I was just kidding with you jr.. but it is hilarous how everybody complains about paying $30 and they say the track is not groomed enough for the money or the square chopped holes are too gnarley and then in the next sentence they want it ripped rutted and rough..haha really? You will never beable to make that type of soil at horn into a track like shugol or airway..

Posts: 677 | Location: KENNEWICK | Registered: Sat November 22 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
If you want more go bang 20 minutes on the whooped out off road sections

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greg726
posted Hide Post
quote:
Settle down I was just kidding with you jr.. but it is hilarous how everybody complains about paying $30 and they say the track is not groomed enough for the money or the square chopped holes are too gnarley and then in the next sentence they want it ripped rutted and rough..haha really? You will never beable to make that type of soil at horn into a track like shugol or airway..

Funny how that works huh? I drove 4 hours and paid $30 bucks to ride a non groomed track last weekend, loved it! Was worth every pinny.

Some people think horn rapids is the best track they have every twisted grip at and some think its the worst track in the northwest. Its the sport, everyone has there opinion.

I stated this little discussion by asking about another track, by the sounds of things it MAY happen over time??? I really hope it does. Think it will better the facility?

As for the $30 bucks to ride... Motocross is an expensive sport/hobby. If you don't like it, take up basket weaving or something.

Hope to see ya sunday Ted.

Thanks again HRMC.

Posts: 135 | Location: Kennewick wa | Registered: Mon September 24 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chaz822
posted Hide Post
I think horn is great because of how fun and safe/ groomed the track is. I agree with Paul. There are plenty of places at horn to go bounce around. Who or. Why would anyone think its the worst?

Posts: 35 | Location: Bellevue | Registered: Thu July 08 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have not been to horn since 04, but everyone in my area of town keeps telling me how awesome the place is! Definitly worth the 4 hour drive

Posts: 83 | Location: brush prarie | Registered: Sat March 05 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newport
posted Hide Post
If I wanted to go bounce around on whoops I would go out to Juniper and ride for free. Not that I have 20+ years of experience in dirt excavating but if you rip the track it will not get the curb edge bumps like it would when it is hard packed. And yes it will be rougher but normally it is a safer rougher then when you don't and when you do rip it it will need a lot more moisture in the track that way there should be a lot more lines and ruts. The track is fun but it does get very one lined.

Posts: 28 | Location: Benton city | Registered: Tue June 30 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
Don't change a thing.

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One line? Really? One line?
Ohhh you mean the entry gate. Ya I hate waiting in line.

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
If by "one" you mean "many" then yes, it is one lined.

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tomsti
posted Hide Post
It will be our first time to Horn on the 18th coming from Seattle. What's the preferred rout? 90 and head down by Mattawa or 90 to 82 and down?

I suppose with traffic it may be a tossup.

We were watching some video to see the current track layout. It looks awesome. The kids are pumped to get out there.

Posts: 35 | Location: Sammamish | Registered: Fri April 17 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I-90, go over the Columbia River bridge and turn right at the end. Stay next to the river (I think it's HWY 240)all the way to Richland.

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of McGinnis_339
posted Hide Post
Ted is the Devol truck gonna be there again this weekend?

Posts: 99 | Location: Des Moines | Registered: Thu September 24 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Moonman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ted:
I-90, go over the Columbia River bridge and turn right at the end. Stay next to the river (I think it's HWY 240)all the way to Richland.

That's the way we always go...

Posts: 101 | Location: NORTH BEND | Registered: Wed June 02 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ray I've heard nothing but good things about the way you ripped the track this weekend. The ruts in the corners were praised by everyone I spoke to. I was stuck up in pullman this weekend for school but I'm excited to make it for presidents weekend and ride the track with all the new changes.

Posts: 20 | Location: kennewick | Registered: Fri February 24 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The track changes were great! For one thing, it really helped slow down the speeds. This really separated the great riders from the good riders. Also, a thumbs up for the flaggers. Even though there are not a whole lot of them, they do their job well by being alert and trying to cover as much ground as possible (running their butts off).

-Jerry

Posts: 15 | Location: Spokane | Registered: Tue March 23 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greg726
posted Hide Post
Made it out on Sunday and I'm very impressed with the track.
Ripping the track was a super good idea. Thumbs up to the whole HRMC group.

Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to riding there on Saturday.