New
Find
Notify
Tools

Horn open Feb 4 and 5th
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Thanks all for your support!!
The track will be open Feb 18 Sat Gates open @8:30am and practice from 10am-4pm.
The Track will be closed Sunday to run the Team Tortoise X-country event, Sunday Feb 19 gates open @ 6am.
All the trails have been prepped for this event and the upcoming EWDRA event the second weekend of March.
See you all SAT.
Thanks, AGAIN
HRMC

Posts: 157 | Location: Spokane | Registered: Tue December 19 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You guys should do a special Monday an have the track open Smile haha I don't have class and I know a lot have work off.

Posts: 20 | Location: kennewick | Registered: Fri February 24 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 40roofer
posted Hide Post
The changes look real good. Having the quad track with a clear direction/route, even if its never groomed would be real good. Ripping the main track deep would be even better.

Posts: 61 | Location: Kennewick | Registered: Tue February 19 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
I had fun, even though the wind was brutal. As far as my rating of the track, well here goes.

It was soft, as it had been ripped, and it was good. Perfect moisture content. I like the hard pan better, but my EVO suspenders do great in both though.

The changes up by the fence were good, but personally I like the old flow better, the little kicker double into the fall away table was one of the best jumps on the track, now it's gone boo hoo. Overall though it's killer, and worth the 240 mile trip one way even with a closed pass and a scenic trip back over Blewett and Stevens.

I would like to make one suggestion. I had been riding practice #one the last three weeks, but with the wind, I got the hell out, as I didn't want to roll one of the big tables and get landed on. I went to the vet class, which was with the beginners. Vets Didn't really seem to fit well there.

Thanks to HRMC for a great time, and for listening to everyones input.

Plus I got to see Sharkey do 8 laps non stop, and I lived to tell about it. Don't get much better than that.

By the way Dan Moore took a pretty good header Saturday. Get well soon to him.

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rays Dad
posted Hide Post
Have to agree with Aaron vets and beginners together not a great idea. Liked the way Straddleline mixed it up with big bike slow and bike bike fast and a third class if needed Pros only.

Posts: 582 | Location: Tacoma | Registered: Tue June 20 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greg726
posted Hide Post
Track was awesome again this weekend, the wind made it a little gnarly.

Posts: 135 | Location: Kennewick wa | Registered: Mon September 24 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of B Sharkey
posted Hide Post
i think once the jump faces solidfy it will be much better but even the small stuff was getting bad.its too bad its was so windy because it made it hard to enjoy the track for guys not used to riding in this kind of weather. only section i think needs work is where you roll over the hill and go rt and then left into the rythem before you come back to the tower. one lined there for sure. maybe start the turn earlier to open that corner up a bit. other than that it was ok

Posts: 1322 | Location: lake stevens | Registered: Thu October 06 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
I don't like changes, guess I'm wierd that way.

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motodrew295
posted Hide Post
The new track changes were good. I liked them and enjoyed myself all day even in the wind but then again When you grow up here you get used to it.

The track prep was by far the best I have ever seen it. So many lines in the corners, instead of just the outside berm being the only fast line. It was ripped where it needed to be and helped slow the track down. It is a lot more challenging as well as safe.

The crew at HRMC does awesome out there. I think for these busy early spring weekends that the Quad track should be given a little TLC. It has potential to be an awesome alternative to the main track when the practices have to be divided up shortening the ride time. It is already a good track it just needs some touching up to relieve some of the traffic on the main track. And since its already open for "ride at your own risk" riding I think having a defined layout would help make it safer. I'd even be willing to donate my time to help out with costs.

Posts: 525 | Location: kennewick,WA | Registered: Wed March 02 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If people thought the wind was brutal (21mph winds) then be prepared for 30mph winds. Last week, we initially thought it was going to be scary with the 20mph winds but it actually turned out to be very rideable..with the winds drying things up really well. However, we are really hesitant about coming down on Saturday because of the high wind gusts coming through. Sunday should be preemo!

-Jerry

Posts: 15 | Location: Spokane | Registered: Tue March 23 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chaz822
posted Hide Post
Bring back the freeway the new layout and grooming philosophy are not what made horn great.shaking my head in disappointment. I love changes but? ?? Really? ?? From flowing and wide to skinny and well stupid design . Both hip turns are RETARDED! ONE HAS A TAKE OFF RAMP AND THE OTHER IS OHH 20 FT PAST WHERE IT SHOULD BE! EPIC FAIL!!! BTW I'm riding like crap right now so my opinion is barely worth 2 cents lol.

Posts: 35 | Location: Bellevue | Registered: Thu July 08 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post