Notify
Tools

Horn open Feb 4 and 5th
 Login/Join

Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Newport:
For 30 bucks I would hope they do more than one track. Funny you can go to socal and ride 3 or 4 tracks for 25. Not sure why the up in price this year. I know I will not pay 30 to ride for 15 minutes once an hour thats for sure. There gona have to figure something out when they start getting busy and a second track is really there only option.

You must not have ridden there this season. I have been riding there all winter, and I haven't left the track with less than 2.5 hors on the bike, and that's no estimate, it's the actual meter ride time. We come 240 miles to ride there because of the amount of seat time you get.

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greg726
posted Hide Post
HRMC seems to think that every size bike needs there own practice session. I agree with the 3 class idea, but the next few weeks everyone who races in the northwest is going to be at horn. Going to have 80+ bike on the track at one time? Is that safe?

Quads do show up from time to time. Maybe run quads every other weekend or something?

HRMC does a very good job. I think it is the safest place to ride in the northwest. HRMC has the potential to be a top caliber track like Milestone, PALA, Racetown, and ET motorsports park. All of these facility's have multiple tracks running when open. I know, I know, this takes money and time. But how many years have you guys had the track? 5 years now? The new bathrooms, and the new tower is all payed for by grant money correct? As for your staff, how many are out there on the weekends? Eight at the max? pay them minimum wage? so total is around $600 bucks. They are paid for if you have 30 riders. What does it cost to fill the equipment up? $200 bucks a weekend? Add another ten riders to that you have that paid for. out of the 40 riders how many show up with a buddy or there parents at $6 bucks?

If money did grow on trees im sure HRMC would have a few tracks running. But that is not reality. I think the sane "If you build it they will come" fits very good with the motocross community. You do some DRASTIC CHANGES to the track or spend a few weeks on the quad track you might get some more riders coming in?

All of these comments and concerns are far from what i asked in the first place.

IS HRMC EVER GOING TO HAVE MORE THE ONE TRACK RUNNING PER DAY?

IS HRMC EVER GOING TO MAKE ANY CHANGES TO THE TRACK? AND BY CHANGES I MEAN TAKING JUMPS OUT, MAKING NEW JUMPS, ADDING NEW CORNERS, TAKING CORNERS OUT, flipping the track around again?

HAVE YOU THOUGHT ABOUT SLOWING THE TRACK DOWN?

There is a very very slim chance that I'm a part of any solution at HRMC. As for a problem, sure hope not? But I do have questions and concerns that i would like answered. And I am speaking for a handful of local riders.

Thanks again to the whole HRMC staff.

Posts: 135 | Location: Kennewick wa | Registered: Mon September 24 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would love to see some changes to the track. It has been the same since I first started riding. Some peaky doubles need to be added to slow down the track. Also, the tabletops need to be steeper. Dragging the track everytime you groom creates speed lips.

Posts: 20 | Location: kennewick | Registered: Fri February 24 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I wanted to ride a track with peaked jumps I'd ride arenacross. Peaked jumps are not fun or safe. The best way to slow horn down is to add more corners and rip it. I hated horn for the last three or four years since it went private, but the last six months have been really good. He has been putting out a fun safe track. My only complaint is the grooming could be a little better. But all in all I'm happy with how the track is right now.

Posts: 47 | Location: Tri Cities | Registered: Thu March 29 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newport
posted Hide Post
The track has been awesome every time I was there last year the only request from me would if they ripped it it would be awesome.

Posts: 28 | Location: Benton city | Registered: Tue June 30 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greg726
posted Hide Post
I don't want to come off as complaining. I just have some questions and concerns that i would like answered. Redline Racer did ask for more suggestions Ted. I could be that guy to go to the city and complain but that is not going to fix anything. That is just going to make things worse. Last thing i want is for the track to shut down. There is to much of that going on across the nation.

I can't stress enough that the whole group at HRMC does a AWESOME job. DO i think the facility could be better? OF COURSE! Horn Rapids has all the amenities to be the best motocross facility in the northwest or even the west coast. Do they realize that? I have know idea, but then again i don't know much at all about running a business or a motocross track.

I will continue to pay the $30 dollars to ride the SAME track that it has been for I don't know may years now. Will I keep asking if you are going to CHANGE THE TRACK? Heck yes.

If you passion for the sport is so strong wouldn't you want to get in the dozer and move some dirt? Make some changes? Get feed back from the riders, see if they like it or not? I remember Jason doing that when he was with HRMC at first.

I was told last year they can't rip the track because of the water lines?

Hope everyone who is riding horn this weekend has a safe and awesome time! Can't wait to hear how the track is and what changes they did make.
I'm headed to check out woodland/Riverdale.

Posts: 135 | Location: Kennewick wa | Registered: Mon September 24 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
keep up all the bitchin,and complaining..and we will have nowhere to ride. just shut up and have fun. freakin cry babies.

Posts: 4 | Location: edmonds | Registered: Wed January 26 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have nothing against ray and love that he has taken the track and invested his time and money into it. Not once have any of us said we are going to protest the track or stop riding there we are just trying to give him some suggestions as to what we think would make it a better place. My only REAL problem with the track right now is that when you only drag a track when grooming the rough spots only get filled with dust. They comeback within a lap so I think ray should try ripping it a couple times a month. It will stop the track from being so hard pack all the time as well.

Posts: 20 | Location: kennewick | Registered: Fri February 24 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greg726
posted Hide Post
Guess we better stop being "cry Babies" mbinky818.

Keep our onions and suggestions to our self.

When you go to outback and order a steak for dinner and they bring out a piece of chicken do you ask for what you ordered? Or keep your mouth shut and eat the chicken?

When Redline Racers makes a comment saying they have made track layout changes one would expect a change. I have heard them say they this over the past few years, and still nothing has really changed to the track.

I'm sorry for all my " BITCHING" gerry jr......

Picture of Rays Dad
posted Hide Post
They sure did put up a "bitchin" new tower!

Posts: 582 | Location: Tacoma | Registered: Tue June 20 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MADMinisMX.com
posted Hide Post
Speaking of "bitching".....on a slightly different note, how about opening a little earlier when it gets warm out????? Just sayin'

Posts: 10 | Location: Pasco | Registered: Wed January 11 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newport
posted Hide Post
Hey Gerry Jr your a tard. All of us on here are not bitching we are simply voicing our opinion to help our local track out. I would think they would want riders opinions since we are the ones spending the money and supporting our track. Yea and the tower is sweet.

Posts: 28 | Location: Benton city | Registered: Tue June 30 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think I know the problem everyone is having here. "You wana ride" "I wana ride"
I just hope I don't pee my pants as soon as I see a real track for the first time in 4 months.
I have some ideas for Ray that might help during the big practices in the future.

Also for those board with the track. Ray usually lets me do a bunch of changes before the first event. If I can again, we have some cool things we would like to put in.

Also the new tower was paid for through your gas tax refund that is allocated through a government agency.

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haney10
posted Hide Post
If the new tower got paid for by money from taxes why are we being charged more to get in and ride? What are we going to get for the extra money. Are we just supposed to feel lucky we have a track to ride on STILL. Its been 5 years the prices have DOUBLED. What were all the prices listed in rays post five years ago? Not half what they are now. Last year it cost my son and I 30 dollars to get in and just him ride now its 36. I don't know of any business that has doubled there prices in 5 years. And I don't know of any that have increased there prices by 20 percent this year.
At start time the track should be ready to go not have it getting watered by the big cannons while riding. Are we customers or just complainers?

Posts: 59 | Location: Tri-Cities | Registered: Tue November 04 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRA-742
posted Hide Post
Day two, sore, rollin backout to horn, conveinent store breakfast, coffee copenhagen excedrin

Posts: 677 | Location: KENNEWICK | Registered: Sat November 22 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chaz822
posted Hide Post
I rode sat. And the track was the best around as usual. I'm not not the biggest fan of the (new) section but its something. I am looking forward to seeing what Ted does this year as I have had a great time this last year riding the track he left behind.
Also huge props to the Guy who had the disgusting job of fixing the fouled up crapper.
30$ is. Nothing compared to what I pay in gas to get there. 30$ is the standard right now and being that horn is the best around, seems fare to me.

Keep up the good work redline racer and crew. Me and team Yamaha will be seeing you alot this season.

PS if you ever need an equipment operator when I'm there I would be happy to donate some time.

Posts: 35 | Location: Bellevue | Registered: Thu July 08 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
I was also there Saturday and it was awesome. Thanks guys.

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ted you left after one session Sunday!!! Was the track not glossy enough :P

Picture of TRA-742
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky818:
Ted you left after one session Sunday!!! Was the track not glossy
enough :P

I realized I had a cold, I'm sick as....today

Does anybody know where the official exit of the track is? I was going out to the west end of the starting gate dang near got run over by guys entering the track doing starts..sketchy

Posts: 677 | Location: KENNEWICK | Registered: Sat November 22 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
TRA the exit is on the opposite side of the Entry on start gate marked exit.... LOL!!! You were going down a one way street...
Love ya man!!! Get over that cold and we will see you next weekend.
Oh by the way can we have your autograph?Where you get those skills on the track? you were stylin...
HRMC

Posts: 157 | Location: Spokane | Registered: Tue December 19 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post