E.W. Motocross Schools    Northwest Motocross Forum    Northwest Motocross Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Track conditions  Hop To Forums  HRMC (Horn Rapids)    Horn Open on Jan 15 16 for 2011 season
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Horn Open on Jan 15 16 for 2011 season
 Login/Join

posted
Hi all,
We will be open Jan 15 and 16 for practice 10am-4pm. Temps are moving into the upper 40's for this coming sat sun.
Drive safe see you all soon.
If you need any updates you can call the track phone (509) 496-2958.
We will update this phone for the following week on weather, conditions, open or closed.

Old web should be updated by this weekend for 2011 season.
We are in the process of launching a new updated web.
Hope to see that launched in the next 2 weeks.
we will let you all know.
Thanks, HRMC

Posts: 157 | Location: Spokane | Registered: Tue December 19 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motodrew295
posted Hide Post
Horn was awesome on saturday. after the warm weather and sun during the week it made for (what I think) perfect track conditions. It was fun, and I'm really sore today. Sounds like there are some cool things in the works for the track and facility, going to be a good year at HRMC!

Here is some helemet cam footage of the track. the rain had just started in the afternoon.

Youtube Helmet cam

Posts: 525 | Location: kennewick,WA | Registered: Wed March 02 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vetmx808
posted Hide Post
Awesome footage! Can't wait to make it down and go for a ride...

Posts: 582 | Location: Montana | Registered: Mon September 17 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mx510
posted Hide Post
Cant wait for Feb 20th and the Hare Scramble!

Posts: 435 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Fri August 01 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
Is the hare scramble just 50 miles of sand whoops? Are there tight sections?

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mx510
posted Hide Post
I think that they will be running the mx track and a bunch of stuff around it, so my assumption is that there will be lots of sand whoops, sand berms, mx track and a mix of tight sections. Team Tortoise is putting it on.

Posts: 435 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Fri August 01 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking of going. Not sure if I should run my RMZ450 or KTM 200? Suzy does NOT like tight trails.

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paul 061:
I'm thinking of going. Not sure if I should run my RMZ450 or KTM 200? Suzy does NOT like tight trails.

RMZ450!!!

Posts: 44 | Location: Ellensburg  | Registered: Mon June 16 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Mull
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by haybuck:
quote:

RMZ450!!!

If it is anything (track condition) like last weekend you WILL want the 450! 10" deep soggy sand can really bog ya down Smile

Posts: 271 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 28 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did it this fall. Almost all sand whoops!!! went around the mx track not really on it. 450 for sure!! wear your kidney belt!!Also do the team race, was fun and gives you alittle rest as the laps were about 14 minutes long. Hold it WIDE!!!!

Posts: 108 | Location: Everett,Wa | Registered: Wed March 16 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wheatley193:
Did it this fall. Almost all sand whoops!!! went around the mx track not really on it. 450 for sure!! wear your kidney belt!!Also do the team race, was fun and gives you alittle rest as the laps were about 14 minutes long. Hold it WIDE!!!!

The race on Feb. 20th will be different than the Spring and Fall Hare Scramble's.
We(Team Tortoise Racing) will be using the MX track as well as some new trails. For more info on this race and our other races this year go to: teamtortoiseracing.com or on facebook.

Posts: 44 | Location: Ellensburg  | Registered: Mon June 16 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
Will there be logs and such? Suzy doesn't like those either. I'm just thinking that 35 pounds lighter might be better for an hour and a half.

Picture of mx510
posted Hide Post
Paul, I think for this race the 450 will be better. The power will help you more than it will hurt you. Maybe you need some EVO suspension as my RMZ450 goes over logs like a champ Wink!

Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
Oh I have full EVO suspension. It aint the suspension that has issues :-)

posted Hide Post
quote:
Will there be logs and such? Suzy doesn't like those either. I'm just thinking that 35 pounds lighter might be better for an hour and a half.

NO logs!!!

Picture of TRA-742
posted Hide Post
Paul if your talking about the spring hare scramble race for this weekend which seems kinda early in the year for it..? go with the 450 for sure its the perfect bike I would think its hard on my 250F motor..

Posts: 677 | Location: KENNEWICK | Registered: Sat November 22 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
OK I guess 450 it is. I'll save the 200 for the rounds with woods. Suzy doesn't have a very good track record with Hare Scrambles. Hopefully this one will be better :-)