New
Find
Notify
Tools

HRMC Desert Thunder night track
 Login/Join

Picture of motodrew295
posted
I Rode there for the first time this last Saturday, for organized practice. I have to say it is a must for you guys to check out. For those who haven't been out in awhile or haven't been at all, you should check it out this summer. It was my first time riding there this year and seems a lot more firm than when first built two years ago. Its a blast to ride for all skills. As always Ray, Kevin and the crew are doing a great job with operations. Watering, flagging, and the flow of practice was on point. Everybody got 3 practices 2 were 15 minutes long and the third was 25 minutes, so more than enough for an evening of riding. Looking forward to some good racing this summer and to see some old and hopefully new faces!

Posts: 525 | Location: kennewick,WA | Registered: Wed March 02 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
I attended the 1st ever "Desert Thunder" as a spectator a few years back and was duly impressed. Good Temps (70F), Late Sunsets, Good Smells and Sounds and Bikes-a-Plenty.

The track was soft (dry sand) back then so it limited competition to only the very best. It sounds like things have changed. 2011 might be the year for this ole-person to head back over - east.

Firm ground sounds good to me so much so that I could see me driving 6x hrs (to-fro) to see good Spring time Night racing at HRMC.

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post