New
Find
Notify
Tools

2014 Changes?
 Login/Join

Picture of Greg726
posted
It's been awhile since HRMC has done any track changes. Do you have anything planned for the 2014 season or this winter?

I heard a few months back that you might move the lights over to the main mx track from the sand track?

With the busy winter months right around the corner are you going to try and run two tracks? Groom up the old quad track? Run the sand track this winter?

The HRMC team has done an AWESOME job making the facility better. RV hook ups, new bathroom/showers, wash bay,new tower, yellow garbage cans, ect. All of those things have been big improvements since the city ran it and those are things you said that were going to change a few years back at the city council meetings.

When are you going to put that money and effort into dozer fuel to change the track? Make another track? Groom the old quad track?

I think it was last winter when you ripped it and added a few new sections, what happened to that? That was the best the track has been in a long long time. IMO

I know there has been a few different discussions about track changes and I'm not trying to be a ass in any way but what is your plan for the track/tracks in the next few years? Anything?

Thanks again to the whole HRMC crew.

Posts: 135 | Location: Kennewick wa | Registered: Mon September 24 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of E.W. #849
posted Hide Post
I hate to rock the boat but getting a professional track designer would be awesome. Jumps on corners, flat corner, Jumps that are not square (you jump from one side of the track and land on the other) and big jumps after a straight are just a few things that need to be changed.
A 125/250 beginner should not be able to jump all the jumps on the track.
Old school Horn Rapids with the big bowl corners would be nice.

Again, Im not trying to rock the boat. Speed kills. Slow it down.

Posts: 3404 | Location: Bothell, WA | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greg726
posted Hide Post
quote:
I hate to rock the boat but getting a professional track designer would be awesome. Jumps on corners, flat corner, Jumps that are not square (you jump from one side of the track and land on the other) and big jumps after a straight are just a few things that need to be changed.
A 125/250 beginner should not be able to jump all the jumps on the track.
Old school Horn Rapids with the big bowl corners would be nice.

Again, Im not trying to rock the boat. Speed kills. Slow it down.

I agree with you E.W. most 85's do all the jumps. Slowing things down would be a good start. Like i said, A few winters back they ripped it, added a few new jumps and it was awesome!
HRMC has a TON of property that isn't used to its full potential, bringing a track builder in would be a good idea. IMO

Posts: 135 | Location: Kennewick wa | Registered: Mon September 24 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When the track was ripped, more people complained because it did get rougher and the speeds were slower. Most riders like the packed and smooth highway of Horn. You can't make everyone happy but changing the track layout for next year is a good idea to make it not so boring.

Gmoney

Posts: 15 | Location: Spokane | Registered: Tue March 23 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jb329
posted Hide Post
i never get bored of the layout. its fun and flows good. i hate it ripped though. not trying to go pro any time soon so give me a hard pack freeway and im happy.

Posts: 303 | Location: Ellensburg | Registered: Wed October 10 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What about just ripping the corners?

Posts: 83 | Location: brush prarie | Registered: Sat March 05 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
I like it just the way it is

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greg726
posted Hide Post
I understand HRMC or any moto track cant make everyone happy. BUT, if you have a few different tracks open to ride at the same time it may please more riders? More variety to ride the better!

what did happen to ripping the corners? They did that for a few months then it stopped.

what is in store for the next few years for the track/tracks at HRMC @Redline racer? Not the facility but the tracks. The facility that you have put together is the nicest in the NW IMO. Great job!

Picture of B Sharkey
posted Hide Post
as long as they don't rip the jump faces its fine. I remember one year there was 4 broken femurs in one month from kickers on the jump faces

Posts: 1322 | Location: lake stevens | Registered: Thu October 06 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of E.W. #849
posted Hide Post
This is what happens when you ride a track that isn't square.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...jfM&feature=youtu.be

Posts: 3404 | Location: Bothell, WA | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ouch! Only rock you can see, poor dude hits it

Posts: 83 | Location: brush prarie | Registered: Sat March 05 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of McGinnis_339
posted Hide Post
Good god!! Poor guy

Posts: 99 | Location: Des Moines | Registered: Thu September 24 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jb329
posted Hide Post
lol thats my good friend. i was there with him that day. ruts on the face going left

Posts: 303 | Location: Ellensburg | Registered: Wed October 10 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to riding it Saturday.

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
It was cold but fun. Low turnout so open track all day. Track was excellent with exception of some straw put in places on the track, although I think a good turnout would take care of churning that stuff in.

Picture of Greg726
posted Hide Post
I went and tuned a few laps Sunday. Not a lot of bikes so they didn't divide practice up. Track was hard pack and slick. They had straw in a few places of the track, I don't know why they added that to the hard pack?