Find
Notify
Tools

Horn Could Be DEAD
 Login/Join

Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
quote:
The new Bathroom facility is almost complete and we have moved another 5,000 cu yds of topsoil up to our night Facility

What do you mean exactly by "5,000 cu yds of topsoil". Are you dumping dirt onto the sand track?

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRA-742
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Workman #21:
quote:
The new Bathroom facility is almost complete and we have moved another 5,000 cu yds of topsoil up to our night Facility

What do you mean exactly by "5,000 cu yds of topsoil". Are you dumping dirt onto the sand track?

---------------
What? Redline might exactly mean is he has hauled about 500 10 yard truck loads of topsoil up to the night sx track to help improve the sandy soil conditions... 5 yarder would be twice as much and truck and pup half as much but still all about exactly the same.. Thanks Ray!

Posts: 677 | Location: KENNEWICK | Registered: Sat November 22 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motodrew295
posted Hide Post
Went to horn today and it was a blast, the track was in perfect shape, watered really well. Back when the city ran it once the temps went abouve 70 here you could pretty much count on horn to be a dust bowl. Looks like you have a good crew out there ray, deffinatly know what they're doing on the hoses. heard people around the pits commenting that its well worth the money when we have track conditions like today. Looking forward to the night track firing up.

Posts: 525 | Location: kennewick,WA | Registered: Wed March 02 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rad_mxer317
posted Hide Post
I agree, I was there yesterday and it was 90 out and it never got dusty all day. the track was really good all day!! they got watering down pretty good now. But they need to keep slower riders out of int/pro practice. My buddy who is an int. rider had a begineer cross right in front of him on a jump and take him out. the beg. rider was looking back at him in every corner it was so stupid. my buddy was on his brand new 09, 1st ride and ate it hard, bent radiators and a buncha other stuff. I almost landed on a guy who I thought was going to hit the pro taper and at the last second locked it up and rolled it. Other than that it was perfect all day and worth the money.

Posts: 1034 | Location: TUMWATER | Registered: Tue November 25 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HORN Rapids is the best track in WA ...loamy and tacky with great jumps and corners Thanks to Ray and Patti for all their hard work!!!!!
Ray spends at least 6 hours on the track grooming ...each day ..yes thats right each day the track is open.

Posts: 22 | Location: renton | Registered: Sun August 08 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post