Notify
Tools

Horn Could Be DEAD
 Login/Join

Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ted:
Paul your $20 is now doing nothing for our sport sense the money is now in the general fund. I'm sorry it bugs you about the political stuff but I would like you to also go to the offices of the Democrats and voice your opinion about this subject and you would come away very very dissapointed with them. I felt like I was getting the middle finger when I left all their offices. I'll try to curb that stuff.

I have a real job Ted, I just can't go trapsing around Olympia all day Big Grin

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rays Dad
posted Hide Post
Moto-trasping???

Posts: 582 | Location: Tacoma | Registered: Tue June 20 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Off-road trapesing. Or political trapesing?
Is that how you spell trapesing. Grape Trape?

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paul 061:
quote:
Originally posted by ted:
Paul your $20 is now doing nothing for our sport sense the money is now in the general fund. I'm sorry it bugs you about the political stuff but I would like you to also go to the offices of the Democrats and voice your opinion about this subject and you would come away very very dissapointed with them. I felt like I was getting the middle finger when I left all their offices. I'll try to curb that stuff.

I have a real job Ted, I just can't go trapsing around Olympia all day Big Grin

Maybe Teds real job is a lobbyist - "trapsing" around the political halls of the governing over the governed. Maybe he's really a Subway spoke's person as well as a MX one. Maybe he speaks for both sides? - could happen. You know what I like it's simple just one most delicious "toasted jalapeno...sandwich" red-wonder-machine-combo on a nice day, but that's me. Maybe Ted could speak on my behalf?

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not technically a Lobbyiest because I didn't give anybody any money. I gave some people some cheat but not cash.

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motodad642
posted Hide Post
I think I see a topic for the Tone Show..... Will Ted lift the ban on Ken's description of his most beloved sandwich??? OR is Ken destined to go through forum life censured???? The PEEPS wana know Cool

Posts: 276 | Location: Sumner Wa | Registered: Tue February 24 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ted, Is right.
He is not Literally Saying Appologize or throwing it in your faces he is merely Stating that there is a good chance your MX Park would not have been finacially functional.

You think because it was free in the past that it does not take any funds to run it.
Where did those funds come from?

Horn Was a mess with the Physical Infrastructure when HRMC took over.

Geez, the Bathrooms themselves have had no updates or Parts replacements in over 20 years.
we cannot even find parts for some of this ancient stuff. So we had to update and replace simple things as faucets etc... just to get them functional.
Point here is missappropriated funds and Budget Shortfalls. You as rider had no representation when the city ran it. It was a burden for them to function the way they were.

Horn is still one of the cheapest tracks to practice at in the Northwest.

When the State Steals your money for all the Nova Supported Parks, we have no choice to readjust, this hurts you and the Sport we are so Passionate about. If the State cared they would not have redirected these funds.
This was Your Money.

Dont Pay your Mortgage and it is foreclosure.

To answer some questions on Airway Heights:

They to were in the same position of closing this facility in 1998 that is why it is private,and it took privitization to hold onto it and bring it Back.
At the city decision Council Meeting in 1997 their was no one standing in front of council with any other ideas. (NON)
It was me with the belief the track could be something someday for years to come and it is going strong to this day.

Spokane Motorsports Complex formed an Entity and it has flourished since and still is.

Nova Funds did not put in the lights, Bathrooms and improvements:
You did as the rider by Supporting the Facility.

What Shape is Extreme in:

Well they are still running despite having all the improvement funds pulled this grant cycle once again and are in a better position to weather the Storm.
They are there with a Passion doing something about it.
They too are Passionate about your Sport.

Why is it that every time someone steps in to help your sport, those are the first ones to get Backlash. Take That energy and send it to the State Representatives.

Like Dom Says: "support your track and promoters they are on your side"

Ted and I are merely Stating that all of the funding has been pulled and put into The states Budget Shortage, Without Your Approval. (The Tax Payers) You!!!. Get mad at your State Reps, not us, we are still going forward we do not have a choice.
We are here to lick the wounds. Once again readjust and move on.

Thanks again to all the riders that continue to Support the Horn Facility these are the ones making a difference.
HRMC will keep fighting for those riders that really care and are Passionate about thier sport by Supporting their facility.

We will move on to our goals
However it will take longer to make Major improvements.

Thanks, Ray

Posts: 157 | Location: Spokane | Registered: Tue December 19 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Your Serious right! Then Rob Banks and Speed down the road.
Should we Police what you should already be doing on your own? read the sign before you enter past the ticket booth.
Okay we will check for yours!!

quote:
Originally posted by David Rose SR.:
I want to kow why I should pay my ORV tabs. When I go to Horn to practice they never check them. I uderstand when its a race thats differant.

Posts: 157 | Location: Spokane | Registered: Tue December 19 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I read all of these posts and I cant help but agree with both sides of the argument.To the casual reader Ted you sound the like the ultimate (the glass is half empty guy) I understand that you have devoted alot of your time to fight for our rights but you sound like a sniveling whiny bitch. You of all people should know that if you talk to these people (and I do not care if they are Democrat or Republican) with knowledge and respect instead of attacking them (defensive posture)they might respond better to what you have to say.Saying that your party is the superior party and that everybody not in your party is an idiot only makes you sound like an idiot. Now that I have said my peace I want you to realize that most people in our sport understand that you want the best for our sport and would back you to the ends of the earth but you need to get off your high horse and look both ways yourself.This world is about compromise and if you think that thay are going to do it your way you are sorely mistaken.Our sport is a fickle sport and I understand that to the average rider if you make it hard for him to ride/race he will go play golf or go out in his boat instead of fighting to keep riding areas open because he rides for the "fun of it" not because he has nothing else to do.But for all of us hardcore riders/racers it is our life. Ted, I know you will have a response but before you type the first word remember that I and most people agree with your basic thought pattern but it is your "my way or the highway" attitude that will get us nowhere with anyone.

Posts: 24 | Location: LYNNWOOD | Registered: Tue December 21 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motodad642
posted Hide Post
MOTO438, I sat here thinking of what you wrote to Ted. I'm not going to defend him, he's a big boy and can speak for himself. What I will say is this is the time to put up or shut up. You do know that they took money out of the boating tax as well? So that fund has also been raided. There is much more at stake than just riding. The people we are locking horns with want nothing more than to remove any and all motorized vehicles, be it planes, boats, cars, motorcycles, street or dirt, if it has a motor, they want it banned period. That is the fight. weather you like it or not. The Greenies (Liberals) have a huge lobby behind them, so they spew out half truths and plain lies and push their agenda on all of us with little resistance because the majority of us dont want to take the time to get involved and the Greenies bank on that to get their way. So out the door goes your rights little buy little until you wake up one morning saying "what the hell just happened? why didnt anyone fight this?" We are the somebody's and we have to stand up in force and say "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!"
Or just stay home and whine at the people that are fighting for our Civil Rights granted to us buy our Forefathers who FOUGHT for OUR FREEDOM! OK im jumping down off MY high horse now.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: motodad642,

Posts: 276 | Location: Sumner Wa | Registered: Tue February 24 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mx510
posted Hide Post
Good post motodad. After that I really have nothing to say other than, in different words I think you said what moto438 was saying. He was just saying that Ted should just look at his approach, love the effort and fight, I just think that with the right approach and determination we can all get what we want.Unless you are like me and want to the Sonics back, that is a lost cause because of the same people that are trying to take away our riding spots.

Posts: 435 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Fri August 01 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes mx510 and motodad,
You have hit the nail on the head. I applaud Teds effort and tenacity but we will have to be better organized and better spoken to fight the group of people we are up against even if they are telling half truth and lies. For some reason the people in our sport are rabid when it comes to riding/racing but when they are asked to help fight for that right the parking lot empties out. (I apologize to those who have gotten involved)This site is the perfect place to gain momentum in organizing the riding/racing community and make a difference.
Maybe with Teds help we could set up a simple meeting to express some ideas and try to make a difference as a group and not just a bunch of individuals. I read alot of posts on this site from alot of intelligent people from all political parties so I know it is possible.
The bottom line is sometimes you need to put aside your personal beliefs and use some good old common sense to achieve your goals. Im in

Posts: 24 | Location: LYNNWOOD | Registered: Tue December 21 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Redline Racer, My point is I've been buying ORV tabs for 20 years. Your welcome to check my bikes, but you need to check everybodys.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: David Rose SR.,

Posts: 452 | Location: Selah,WA. | Registered: Fri November 14 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Moto438. Everyone knows that I'm direct and politically incorrect. I get really tired of hearing people say we need to compromise. On the issue of Horn Rapids there was no compromise. The compromise was the city finally has that pesky Horn Rapids Closed or they Privatize it.
There's your compromise moto438!

MX510. You should have seen the Sonics supporter at the Olympia TEA party. It was really funny. White guy with an affro, Sonics hat, shirt and Sign asking to save the Sonics.

Picture of E.W. #849
posted Hide Post
Ray,
I had my schools down at Horn a few weeks ago. That place has really came around! You guys are doing a great job.
Last year all the with all the bark mixed in the sand, I wasn't that happy with it BUT... it was a process you had to do. It made a huge difference!! It doesnt get all hard packed and square edge kickers now.
Keep up the good work!
Thanks again,
Eric

Posts: 3404 | Location: Bothell, WA | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ivest4
posted Hide Post
I'd like to applaud the work that has been done at Horn. Definitely one of my favorite tracks hands down! You guys are doing a great job keep it up!

Posts: 388 | Location: Arlington | Registered: Tue January 24 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think you read "compromise" into the wrong part of my point but I will take your answer as a no

Picture of mx510
posted Hide Post
I know I heard about some of the guys down there about the Sonics.....pretty funny. Amazing how people will just turn their backs on things and totally forget about all the good times when things get rough. I did everything I could to show support but yet it was not even enough to get that B$&CH Gregoire off her ass to anything about the Sonics, although I personally blame the douche from starbucks Howard Schutlz for damn near everything they still could have saved them. Sorry about the tangent after all this is a motocross forum and everyone here could probably care less about the SUPERSONICS!

Posts: 435 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Fri August 01 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all for the Support and good comments and Bad.
Just know, we are here trying to do our part in keeping the Sport we are the most Passionate about alive.
We will keep on keepin on as this is our Passion.
The new Bathroom facility is almost complete and we have moved another 5,000 cu yds of topsoil up to our night Facility.

First event there is "desert Thunder" it will be June 13th.
Please check out the web for more details see you all soon.
Yes, we are open Memeorial Day for Mx Open riding.
Drive safe see you all soon.

Thanks, HRMC

Picture of majorsmx521
posted Hide Post
Thank you Ray
you and your staff have done a great job
the track is excellent and it has a great flow!!
i encourage everyone to come and ride or race
at hrmc!
we all need to help keep motocross here in eastern oregon and washington
majors mx concepts

Posts: 19 | Location: pendleton | Registered: Thu April 24 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post