Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Horn Could Be DEAD
 Login/Join

posted
All you that didn't want us to privatize Horn Rapids now need to apologize to the supporters for all your bitching. With the Democrates in Olympia stealing all the NOVA / ORV money, Horn Rapids would have been shut down because the City used that money to keep it open.

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If that is the case I am glad they did privatize it Ted. I personally think that Horn Rapids is one of the best kept tracks now. Ever since the first time I experianced the track with Ray and his wife working there it has been a great experiance and I will even say one of my favorite tracks in eastern Wa along with Toes MX. Leave it to our gubment to misapropriate funds as usual instead of actually trying to cut wasteful spending. By the way how are you doing since your bad get off there? I know its been a while but I hope your back to 100%.

Posts: 295 | Location: Sultan Wa | Registered: Wed November 12 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Backs good, knee still not great and I got a muscle in the shoulder not working.

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ted:
I got a muscle in the shoulder not working.

Methinks you got one in the skull that is supsect also Big Grin

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spin05
posted Hide Post
oooohhh low blow..Id make him start backwards at airway for that Ted...

#329 40+ class

Posts: 808 | Location: camano is,wa | Registered: Sun September 03 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vetmx808
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paul 061:
quote:
I got a muscle in the shoulder not working.

Methinks you got one in the skull that is supsect also Big Grin

Paul - You always give me a good laugh! Sorry Ted it was at your expense, but I am sure you will get even... Razz

Posts: 582 | Location: Montana | Registered: Mon September 17 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Quote - “Horn Rapids would have been shut down”
Maybe, maybe not Ted, you don’t know what would have happened, you have a crystal ball hiding somewhere? Smile
Quote -“now need to apologize to the supporters for all your bitching” What? Apologize for what? Because you think it would be shut down? Are you being serious? You want these people to apologize because they didn’t agree with you and were standing up for something they believe in? This is still America correct?
Yeah it worked out well for us Motocrossers but for the casual rider it did not. Many of the families I know around here simply don’t go riding anymore because they have to pay $20 for little Johnny to ride for a few hours.
Its always funny to watch you thump your chest, but sometimes I wonder about you Ted...

Posts: 18 | Location: Oregon | Registered: Fri March 14 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Alex
posted Hide Post
Actually Paul,I think that the only thing in Ted's skull that does work is muscle ! Wink

Posts: 159 | Location: Sammamish | Registered: Mon January 22 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NUT! Richland was running the park with NOVA money. There is now no nova money in the state. The government stole that money and put it into the general fund. This is illegal but it's ok it's government. They can break the law and give you the middle finger. You can spit what you want out but facts are facts. The city wanted desperately to close the park because NOVA was cutting what they were giving the park to continue operations. There is now no money the park would be closed without that money.
If you don't want to accept those facts then don't.

posted Hide Post
Alex. Your Little log there, is a Squid. That would be an acurate self discription.

Picture of Alex
posted Hide Post
The squid is my riding style !

Posts: 159 | Location: Sammamish | Registered: Mon January 22 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motodad642
posted Hide Post
Hey Ted, Airway Hights is also funded by NOVA what kind of shape are they in? Have you heard anything from them?

Posts: 276 | Location: Sumner Wa | Registered: Tue February 24 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah I know the facts Ted, we all do.
But another fact is you are in a good position to really make a difference in the MX community. But if you go around looking for apologies from our community and thumping your chest it doesn’t help matters, it turns people off. When you/we need help from them defending our right it ride, or fighting for our money – they will not help out!
Instead of asking for apologies isn’t it better to get on here and say “Hey guys look at the awesome outcome that has happened here, please pat Ted, Ray (and others) on the back!!”.
Its just an observation.

Posts: 18 | Location: Oregon | Registered: Fri March 14 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NUT! Shut up. My post about Horn was after I made calls to the NOVA Director (she didn't know squat) I called every member of the Ways and Mean Committee in Olympia.(the republicans were concerned and the democrats did give a crap) A week later I went to Olympia to the offices of the committee members. A week after that Dori Monson asked me to be on his show talking about the waste and corruption in Olymmpia. I'm in the F$@#ing trench fighting for our side. I drove 4 hours each way many times, fighting for Horn because The City of Richland said they were looking at how to close the park. That's pounding my chest?
What have you done NUT, to help our sport stay alive? Nothing I suspect, so belittling me is your sport. Let me guess. Your a Liberal. I say this because this is what liberals do. Have a nice life.

Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
Ted, an experienced liberal would have saved 10 minutes of hunting and pecking on a keyboard and typed the following response.

Nut up or shut up.... Wink

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks. That's where you come in. Smile

posted Hide Post
I want to kow why I should pay my ORV tabs. When I go to Horn to practice they never check them. I uderstand when its a race thats differant.

Posts: 452 | Location: Selah,WA. | Registered: Fri November 14 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Rose SR.:
I want to kow why I should pay my ORV tabs. When I go to Horn to practice they never check them. I uderstand when its a race thats differant.

Becasue you are an honest abiding citizen who cares about off road riding and who knows that by paying your $20 you are silently doing your part to help the sport and the industry we all love. If that isn't enough, remember, Karma is a woman and she is a bitch with a long memory Big Grin

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks. That's where you come in. Smile

With all due respect Ted, and I really seriously mean that, the Rebublican/Democrat rants do get tiresome. I think you hurt your cause with that line of talk. Everyone here truley appreciates what you do for the sport, it is my opinion though, that you could keep doors open longer if you stuck more with facts than redfaced political diatribe.

posted Hide Post
Paul your $20 is now doing nothing for our sport sense the money is now in the general fund. I'm sorry it bugs you about the political stuff but I would like you to also go to the offices of the Democrats and voice your opinion about this subject and you would come away very very dissapointed with them. I felt like I was getting the middle finger when I left all their offices. I'll try to curb that stuff.