E.W. Motocross Schools    Northwest Motocross Forum    Northwest Motocross Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Track conditions  Hop To Forums  HRMC (Horn Rapids)    Lorretta Lynn MX Qualifier Mar 24, 25
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lorretta Lynn MX Qualifier Mar 24, 25
 Login/Join

posted
Hi all,
Loretta Lynn MX Qualifier this weekend @ the Horn.
March 24, 25, Practice March 22,23 10am-3pm.
Gates stay open friday eve March 23, until 10pm
Gates open Sat morn March 24, 6am-10pm and Sun March 25, 6am.
Hope to see you there, weather is supposed to be great.
Drive safe and see you soon!!!
HRMC

Posts: 157 | Location: Spokane | Registered: Tue December 19 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gotta give you guys props for a good track again. But there were a few glitches too.
The online signup was great... until I stood in line Friday night for an hour and 15 minutes, which was longer than our friends who were signing up at the track. WTH? The signup window was severly understaffed.
You should never mix a qualifier with a local black widow race.Everyone was confused and it took too damn long to run motos. Racing started waay too late Saturday. Three laps Saturday evening was a huge ripoff for $55 a class that you charged.
In order too fit it in there were multiple classes and split gates galore on the line each time. You should never have that many split gates for a qualifier. These people all paid good money and if you got a good gate pick and were second gate you were screwed because there was not enough time to prep your gate before the next one dropped because you were trying to hurry along to fit in the black widow crowd also.
I don't mean to bust your chops too much, but we were there two weeks before for PRO's race and I know it is possible to start on time and get all your laps with that big of a crowd even before daylight savings time started. You just can't have 700 classes and make it work.

Posts: 145 | Location: Puyallup, WA | Registered: Tue March 29 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, with change there are always a few glitches HRMC is working on these as we speak.
The on line sign up is great, I agree,
if it would have had the Loretta Lynn Competition form designed in it. This created some merging issues and an extra trip to sign in. This in turn bottle necked all classes for a while on Sat.
This really defeated the purpose of the on line sign in for AMA. The on line sign up will work great for all the other events with no problem.
That caused us to have to hold up the start of the motos for Loretta and we had to work around that.
We had hoped the on line sign up would have let the rider come get the practice ticket and be done. We are now trying to incorporate the practice ticket as well.
Mx Sports and trackside on line sign up does not consider that in their program. We have discussed this with trackside today and they are moving forward to incorporate the Loretta Lynn competition form hopefully for 2013. The other issues we are trying to get fixed by April 18, 2012 for Black Widow so we can continue to use the on line sign up.
The on line sign up as it is now, will not work properly with Loretta Lynn Qual as expected unless they add the competition form to recognize the data base transfer. This created merging issues in the data base in which we were told by trackside would not be an issue.
We are the first track to use on line sign up for the Loretta Lynn qualifier for 2012.
Next year we have decided to run the Loretta Lynn qual as a Seperate event, now that we have the rider Base for that event alone.
Thanks for the comments,concerns, we are listening.
All in all, we made it through event even with the data base merging issues in which will be fixed for the next Loretta.
Thanks for the support and we will keep working toward bringing this event to the best possible level.
Thanks, HRMC

Posts: 157 | Location: Spokane | Registered: Tue December 19 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great reply! Glad to see you have already addressed the issues from last weekend and have a plan to make things even better in the future. Thanks for listening.
BTW, the online signup is going to be the greatest thing to happen to mx in a long time once the glitches are worked out. Now if we could get PRO and Washougal to follow your lead Wink

Posts: 145 | Location: Puyallup, WA | Registered: Tue March 29 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P.R.O. wants to do on line sign-ups but it needs to be bullet proof before we do it.
We have a really good staff for sign-up and I believe we run people through faster than about anyone.

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
your staff does a great job Ted. If I'm not mistaken, didn't you do online sign up for Top Gun but it was $5.00 extra?

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I want to applaud Ray and HRMC for trying the online and working out the bugs. As much frustration as I may have had about the delay, I think it is in the right direction. Better to try then sit back and do nothing.

-Jerry

Posts: 15 | Location: Spokane | Registered: Tue March 23 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree that some changes need to be made and that all the split gates anr not the way to go.

I do have one point I would like to address on Sunday we had a rider down at the end of the 1st motos on the main track, the crew then started to work the track while the 50s and moto 1-3 staged and waited. Could we not have just kept the 50s running on the small track instead of waiting and waiting?

The one other thing I didn't understand is why there was a Schoolboy class on the track at the same time as 65s seems like a good way to get injurys.

We did have a good time though I'm not trying to bust your chops or anything just voicing a opinion and a concern

Posts: 229 | Location: Auburn WA | Registered: Tue November 16 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi guys,
Thanks for all the comments and you can bet we are already working on all the issues.
Give change a chance and we will get it dialed.
Thanks again for all the info and feedback.
good things to come.
Next year 2013 Loretta Qualifier will be on its own for sure, it now has a good following with HRMC to support that.
We have already made changes for the 2013 season in that venue. We have also had the opportunity to get mx sports to reorganize a few things as well during this process.
See ya soon!!!
HRMC

Picture of jb329
posted Hide Post
The tracks' been awesome lately but my one suggestion would be on practice days run 20 min motos instead of 30, less time sitting around and seems most can't ride hard the full 30 anyway?

Posts: 303 | Location: Ellensburg | Registered: Wed October 10 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post