Notify
Tools

Horn
 Login/Join

Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chaz822:
Thanks Aaron! Looks like horn sat. We usually park at the covered area. Come by if you make it out that way.

Were stuck here this weekend Chaz, I think the next time I ride will be at Ward on the 26th. Maybe I'll meet you out there.

Take care.

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ivest4
posted Hide Post
Well, the weather is changing and you guys know what that means!!! It's HORN time!! We need to put together a group ride out there. BBQ, BEER and alot of Braaapppppp! Love that place for winter riding. Oh and summer too!

Posts: 388 | Location: Arlington | Registered: Tue January 24 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ivest4
posted Hide Post
Went to Horn this weekend to escape the rains. Great weekend! In the 80's, track was really a blast. I like the direction now. I haven't been out all year so first time on this layout. The rythm section in the middle is a blast. Really smooth double, triple, quad into the left hander. The step down is a great whips jump as well and flows into the floating right hander where you have to hold it to the stops on the 450 to clear the single single. I got a chance to see Dan on his new Honda 450. He looked good. We swapped bikes for a bit and did some suspension comparisons. I have to say I like the light weight feel of the Honda although it took some getting used to. The powerband feels slower but you don't realize how fast your going until it's time to slowwwwww down....! Engine noise is load compared to the Suzuki. Must just be that uni-cam. Other than that... Not too crowded out there. They split our pro class up from the junior and beginners which was nice. 20 minute motos.

Posts: 388 | Location: Arlington | Registered: Tue January 24 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chaz#822
posted Hide Post
MY first ride back since breaking my ribs and punctured lung went good as far as I didnt have any issues with my ribs... Holy S am I out of shape though! My timing is way off, slow in the corners, over jumping, uggghh. The track was great as usuall and it was the perfect place to get going again as I just feel super comfortable with the track. I'm looking forward to weekends again!

Posts: 61 | Location: Bellevue | Registered: Mon November 29 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi all,
Thanks again for a truly great 2011 season.
Track is still open till Dec 18 and we are always updating website for your info.
So, if you are unsure about weather check the track phone @ (509) 496-2958 or front page of the web or facebook page.

Cudos to all of our "Desert Thunder" series champions and the "Black Widow" Mx series Champion.
The new Mx tower should be complete by mid december. The RV upgrade is in planning and should start the end of dec 2011.
There will be a couple track changes for spring once the tower is finished, as sign in, scoring and announcing will be out of the same building.
Weather here has been good and we hope we can hold on till Dec 18.
November we are open Fri, Sat, Sun 10am-4pm
Dec we are open weekends Sat, Sun 10am-4pm until Dec 18th.
We will then be closed Dec 19 till Jan 7th when we reopen for the 2012 season.
HRMC wants to wish all a great and Happy Thanksgiving and we will be open that weekend. HRMC is closed Thanksgiving day and the day after, we are open for Sat Sun 10am-4pm.
Banquet of champions is Dec 10th we will be open that day and Sunday.
Thanks again to all of our great mx riders you truly are the heart of the Northwest!
Looking forward to 2012 you guys Rock!!!!.
HRMC

Posts: 157 | Location: Spokane | Registered: Tue December 19 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
Rode the track today, and in spite of getting cut short with snow, that place is awesome!

I was really impressed with the new layout, had a great time. I look forward to going back when the weather is a little more cooperative.

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of B Sharkey
posted Hide Post
whats different arron? hows the new tower coming along

Posts: 1322 | Location: lake stevens | Registered: Thu October 06 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Mull
posted Hide Post
This is what it looked like yesterday B.S., or Brian Sharkey. This was late morning so my fingers weren't doing what they were suppose to or at the same time my brain was telling them too so it's pretty cruddy riding Smile. not that it's ever good!
Horn Rapids 11-19-2011

You only need the first couple minutes, the rest is crap!

Posts: 271 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 28 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of B Sharkey
posted Hide Post
that loooks cold

Posts: 1322 | Location: lake stevens | Registered: Thu October 06 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Mull
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B Sharkey:
that loooks cold

Wasn't too bad!

Posts: 271 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 28 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of B Sharkey
posted Hide Post
thats cool john. we didnt want to drive that far to have to hurry back to the banquet sat night at 6. id been watching the pass all week. they got alot of snow this week. how long did it take to get over there.

Picture of J Mull
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B Sharkey:
thats cool john. we didnt want to drive that far to have to hurry back to the banquet sat night at 6. id been watching the pass all week. they got alot of snow this week. how long did it take to get over there.

Left about 6:15 am got there about 9:55. Roads were mostly bare and wet. Passes were all bare. Gonna do the trek again possibly, track is great.

Picture of Ivest4
posted Hide Post
Thanks again for letting me come along John and Aaron! It was a blast until the goggles snowed in after a lap at a time. Pretty odd getting back home to find it sunny and nice at home!!

Picture of J Mull
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ivest4:
Thanks again for letting me come along John and Aaron! It was a blast until the goggles snowed in after a lap at a time. Pretty odd getting back home to find it sunny and nice at home!!

You bet Clarence! Might try again...at least that's the plan.

Picture of TRA-742
posted Hide Post
Dang that video looked Cold! Where did our 300 days sunshine go..? Jackass realtor! I have rode out there in the snow like that as long as the ground is not frozen its still good time. That's what we rode in a lot growing up in Spokane..

Posts: 677 | Location: KENNEWICK | Registered: Sat November 22 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRA-742
posted Hide Post
66 degrees here today

Posts: 677 | Location: KENNEWICK | Registered: Sat November 22 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
The pineapple express is here

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Mull
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paul 061:
The pineapple express is here

Sweet! Let's go next weekend!

posted Hide Post
Hi all,
Thanks to all of those that rode last weekend.

Track is golden this week it is groomed and ready to go.
Weather here is going to be mild!!!
temps in the upper 40's calling for sun on sat.
cloudy sunday.
We will be there with full crew, so come on out and burn off that Thanksgiving dinner.
Drive safe and see you Sat. Gates open @ 9am practice 10am-4pm both days.
HRMC

Posts: 157 | Location: Spokane | Registered: Tue December 19 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
Open next weekend?