New
Find
Notify
Tools

Horn
 Login/Join

Picture of Chaz#822
posted Hide Post
OIC I thought he hit that drop off bump on the sweeper, my mistake. Anyway we all thought that drop off in the sweeper was trying to pitch us off high side. But I must admitt it's tough to find flaws in that track. The flow is awesome and the new little features in between some of the bigger jumps makes it more fun as well.

Big GrinI miss building tracks.

Posts: 61 | Location: Bellevue | Registered: Mon November 29 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chaz822
posted Hide Post
If I tell you how good it was today. You have to promise not to ride there tomorrow.

Posts: 35 | Location: Bellevue | Registered: Thu July 08 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been out at horn the past few fridays, and I will have to say im pretty pumped to how the are takig care of the place even on a friday. Not fully groomed but close and someone out watering all day. And the guy doesnt soak it and make it muddy!!! just nice and moist!!!! BRAAAAPPPPP!!!!! Good job ray!!

Posts: 108 | Location: Everett,Wa | Registered: Wed March 16 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motodrew295
posted Hide Post
I haven't been to horn in about a month, busy with work, So I was super excited to make it out sunday. It didnt let me down. Track was groomed and watered to near perfection. It was warm and a little breezy, but they were on top of the watering all day!

Posts: 525 | Location: kennewick,WA | Registered: Wed March 02 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
Are there a lot of people there during this time of the year?

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motodrew295
posted Hide Post
Its usually pretty light Aaron. Not like the late winter/early spring. This last sunday there was hardly anyone there, maybe due to mothers day but I was suprised. after an hour of open practice they split the hour up 1/2 for big bikes 1/2 for little bikes. I left with some sore hands and back.

Posts: 525 | Location: kennewick,WA | Registered: Wed March 02 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
Sounds great Drew. Thanks for the info.

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
quote:
after an hour of open practice they split the hour up 1/2 for big bikes 1/2 for little bikes

That's an Important thing to know!

I was under the impression that Horn Rapids was ALWAYS a timed (Professional Local #392 Member) practice event.

If it's an OPEN PRACTICE then that makes all the Difference in the World! Even if it's a "kinda-open" practice.

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haney10
posted Hide Post
I went out to horn last saturday. Took a few lap times. A fast lap was about 1:27 Joey Rumminer. Average was 1:40 or so. I counted 27 places on the track where riders take off and land. 27 jumps in 1:40. Good or bad? You decide that.

Posts: 59 | Location: Tri-Cities | Registered: Tue November 04 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRA-742
posted Hide Post
I was out there last saturday as well, the track was FLAW LA LA FLAWLESS! , hadnt rode in couple months, had one of those days where this old man felt somewhat healthy and kinda felt a little fast, had some fun battles with some of my bro's, I been thinkin about retiring, I'm done thinkin about it, Im a 15 year old in a 45 year old body, I can't grow up yet

Posts: 677 | Location: KENNEWICK | Registered: Sat November 22 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greg726
posted Hide Post
You going to make it out friday ted?

Posts: 135 | Location: Kennewick wa | Registered: Mon September 24 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRA-742
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greg726:
You going to make it out friday ted?

I want to, really would liked to ride your 125 a few laps.. Fridays are pretty hectic at the ofice. Travis is trying to talk me into the three moto format race on Sunday if i decide to i might show up friday for a few laps

Posts: 677 | Location: KENNEWICK | Registered: Sat November 22 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chaz#822
posted Hide Post
Sat. was great!! Memorial weekend should be the same. Thank you HRMC!

Posts: 61 | Location: Bellevue | Registered: Mon November 29 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi all,
Sorry to all, we have not been on forum for a while.
From what we can see, you all have been keeping others updated. Thanks!!!
This is a busy time for HRMC and that is where the priority is "The track"
It has been great, to see you all at the track and we thank you for that.
Thanks to all of our moto riders for some very good racing and practicing in 2011.
Our riders and families are why we keep things moving forward.
The new Pee wee track is complete.
The new sign in, scoring and announcing tower are in its final blue printing stages.
HRMC is a licensed EMS agency again for 2011 (Emergency Medical System
So lots of medical training has been taking place to ensure the best possible and efficient care for our riders on site.

The Desert Thunder night time mx starts first sat in june for Organized practice.
The following weekend we go racing under the lights for the summer.
The Day track will be open on its regular schedule during that time.
Thanks to all of our great sponsors for this year support.
Please check out our new web site that is updated frequently. Tons of new pics and we will be adding virtual ride track video shortly.
Congrats to all of of our Loretta Lynn and Top gun qualifiers.
Hope to see you all for a great Summer of riding.
As usual track will be groomed and watered.
drive safe see ya soon.
HRMC

Posts: 157 | Location: Spokane | Registered: Tue December 19 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRA-742
posted Hide Post
I didnt make Mabton heard it was awesome..we raced the three moto format at horn it was like perfectly groomed freeway all day, had some great battles with HyperX 136 Linde, a lot fun can hardly walk today

Picture of Chaz#822
posted Hide Post
Sun. may 29th my wife jeanette attempted her first double and well, 0 for 1 on that. She ended up breaking her pelvis in 2 places, hip socket, and tailbone. I would just like to thank everyone who helped. The medical staff at horn is bar none the best I have ever seen at a motocross facility. The entire staff really seem to care about the riders and the upkeep of the facility.
After 5 days at harborview, she is home now resting comfortably. Thanks to oxycodone pez dispenser lol. Again many thanks to all who have helped. We feel very fortunate to be apart of such a great sport that feels more like a big family. Thank you Chaz & Jeanette.

Picture of Bill
posted Hide Post
I would like to commend Ray and everybody that works at the track...we come from Seattle because we know we get what we pay for at Horn.

Posts: 108 | Location: Seattle | Registered: Sat January 28 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chaz#822:
Sun. may 29th my wife jeanette attempted her first double and well, 0 for 1 on that. She ended up breaking her pelvis in 2 places, hip socket, and tailbone. I would just like to thank everyone who helped. The medical staff at horn is bar none the best I have ever seen at a motocross facility. The entire staff really seem to care about the riders and the upkeep of the facility.
After 5 days at harborview, she is home now resting comfortably. Thanks to oxycodone pez dispenser lol. Again many thanks to all who have helped. We feel very fortunate to be apart of such a great sport that feels more like a big family. Thank you Chaz & Jeanette.

Hope she gets well soon.

Picture of Chaz822
posted Hide Post
Thanks Aaron! Looks like horn sat. We usually park at the covered area. Come by if you make it out that way.

Posts: 35 | Location: Bellevue | Registered: Thu July 08 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of E.W. #849
posted Hide Post
WOW!! She got busted up!!!
OUCH! I feel her pain!
GWS!

quote:
Originally posted by Chaz#822:

Posts: 3404 | Location: Bothell, WA | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post